IGNORED

Just got an MRI

jules

When I got an MRI, I kept remixing the sequenced sounds in my mind

so i just got back from the back dr and i need to get a series of 3 epidurals into my herniated disc. anyone ever get this? is it painful?

i got an epidural when i had my knee ligament reconstruction. it wasn't exactly pleasant, but it's over relatively quickly.

Which ligament?

The Acl

(an attempt at an autechre pun)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The pain is all in my left leg. My range of motion has been reduced to less than a full walking stride. I wake up about once an hour at night and I get out of my chair like a pregnant woman. Sneezing is one of the most excruciating things in the world. Getting in my car causes an audible grunt. So yea, it sucks.

The worst part about it is the epidural doesn't treat the disc at all so the relief is probably going to be temporary.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

In all seriousness how many tracks does anyone know of that have sampled such a device?

The lovely Charlotte Gainsbourg made a tribute album for one - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRM_%28album%29

oh cool, I've liked acting, she is lovely only heard one or two of her songs, I'm definitely gonna check that out tonight

The pain is all in my left leg. My range of motion has been reduced to less than a full walking stride. I wake up about once an hour at night and I get out of my chair like a pregnant woman. Sneezing is one of the most excruciating things in the world. Getting in my car causes an audible grunt. So yea, it sucks.

The worst part about it is the epidural doesn't treat the disc at all so the relief is probably going to be temporary.

That sounds awful.

How'd you do that to yourself (and what can I not do to avoid such a horrible fate)?

i think part of it is hereditary (from what ive read)

i also think i tweaked it golfing and never sought out proper care and it just got worse and worse.

apparently this can happen gradually over time. so i think i was on my way and screwed it more by golfing all the time and not stretching properly

they gave me anethesia because they said it would be extremely painful considering how severe the herniation is. although before i went out, i was laughing about the abyss but i couldnt type anything on my arm pad keyboard.

Guest hahathhat

the worst part of an MRI was having to sit still. the voice over the intercom got very cross with me

i couldnt type anything on my arm pad keyboard.

Are you the fucking Predator? :ohmy:

oeil.abyss.jpg

no, dont you remember ed harris typing on that damn thing like 10,000 feet down?

Guest hahathhat

the voice over the intercom got very cross with me

I love "cross" as a descriptor for being angry or upset. I don't think it gets used enough--thanks for doing so.

Poltergeist-movie-08.jpg

• 10 months later...

the end result of all of this is back surgery on tuesday the 7th. i'm a bit scared but also excited at the prospect of returning to a full range of motion which will allow me to hold my son for an extended period of time and get back on the golf course. i have never had any kind of surgery in my life though.

Guest Iain C

i've got to have one this week, in the latest attempt to find out what's wrong with my heart. boo.

Guest Coalbucket PI

the end result of all of this is back surgery on tuesday the 7th. i'm a bit scared but also excited at the prospect of returning to a full range of motion which will allow me to hold my son for an extended period of time and get back on the golf course. i have never had any kind of surgery in my life though.

Good luck jules, this has been a year almost since your MRI! How long since you first went to a doctor about it?

Good luck to Iain too

A year since this thread! What!? Where is time going!?

Best of luck, Jules. And you too Iain!

Guest yikes

i had one once

it wasn't too bad

the tough part is not moving for 20 minutes

i may need another one or at least a cat scan soon because of these headaches i've been getting since the lobotomy :braindance:

yea it has been a year already, i cant believe it either. When i first started going to dr.s about my back, it was probably january 2010. the one main dr said it looks like you will need surgery as this is not looking like it is going to go away on its own. so i had to see about 7 or 8 different dr.s, go through rounds of physical therapy, and 5 rounds of cortisone epidural injections.

The dr doing the surgery says i will wake up the day after the surgery and feel like a new person and by 8 weeks i will be at 100% again.

Archived