IGNORED

Just got an MRI

jules

good lord. im not claustrophobic but that was very tight. the edge of the tube was about 5" from my face. (that's what she said) but it wasn't really how tight it was, it was the sounds. man alive, the sounds were horribly loud. at first i didnt think i could make it through the whole exam, which is 35 minutes. then the noises started to layer and they got very autechrian. it was insane, i just kept trying to find the rhythm in it. has anyone ever been through this space odyssey torture device?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Masonic Boom

But the sounds! The sounds are so absolutely amazing!

(mind you, I'm the kind of person that sings along with the hoover)

not an mri but i had a ct scan a few weeks ago. it looked like going into a miniature stargate or something and watching all the mechanisms spin around was really cool. too bad i didn't have my zoom h2 on me

I had an mri and loved it. They put me into a tiny tube. They had all these precautions to help me with claustrophobia (for examples, they had mirrors everywhere to make it feel bigger) but I wasn't claustrophobic at all. I thought it was nice as snuggly in there, to be honest.

And they gave me headphones and let me play a cd. I enjoyed how the thumping noises blended with my music.

And at the end they gave me a cd of photographs of my brain. I used them on facebook, and everyone asked me if they were from House. To which I replied, "no that's my own brain, which is a whole lot fucking cooler than House thank you very much."

I thought you meant you had just bought an MRI machine. They are a little pricey.

lol, yea. im giving mri's to all the neighborhood kids. i have the machine and clown suit, i just need to get my rape van and im good to go

I think ae could write the soundtrack for those things. It would be enjoyable for sure.

no doubt. i kept trying to hear the LCC snare hits in my head the whole time.

I've had a CT and was pretty underwhelmed. I think MRI scans sound more like Tatamax.

And at the end they gave me a cd of photographs of my brain. I used them on facebook, and everyone asked me if they were from House. To which I replied, "no that's my own brain, which is a whole lot fucking cooler than House thank you very much."

Shit, I'm envious of this.

Guest taxman

i had a few mris when i was little. i don't remember it being too bad. i had an i.v. put in first and that was the bad part for me.

so i just got back from the back dr and i need to get a series of 3 epidurals into my herniated disc. anyone ever get this? is it painful?

so i just got back from the back dr and i need to get a series of 3 epidurals into my herniated disc. anyone ever get this? is it painful?

i got an epidural when i had my knee ligament reconstruction. it wasn't exactly pleasant, but it's over relatively quickly.

It feels really fucking weird when they push it in your IV--I felt extremely hot, flushed, and like I was going to shit myself any minute.

I passed out for the first time in my life when I had that. I heard the MRI scanner clicking away in the background and the the noise got more and more intense in my mind - it reminded me of something from Silent Hill. Next thing I know I was strapped onto the trolley with them wheeling me in - clearly they were none too fussed about me fainting !

I can't get an MRI now since I have a metal plate over my clavicle. That thing would pull the bone right out of my skin.

I can't get an MRI now since I have a metal plate over my clavicle. That thing would pull the bone right out of my skin.

was that operation made in some poor third world country or in the 80's? since the early 90's allmost all medical metal plates and screws are made of such material that you can safely go to MRI.

i'm a radiographer and i work with all of those machines: MRI, CT and conventional x-ray imaging. i've had a pelvis MRI at work just for fun. the machine sure does make awesome sounds. a bit like the roughest Pan sonic tracks. :)

was that operation made in some poor third world country or in the 80's? since the early 90's allmost all medical metal plates and screws are made of such material that you can safely go to MRI.

i'm a radiographer and i work with all of those machines: MRI, CT and conventional x-ray imaging. i've had a pelvis MRI at work just for fun. the machine sure does make awesome sounds. a bit like the roughest Pan sonic tracks. :)

Oh, cool. Well, now I want to get one to hear it.

When I got an MRI, I kept remixing the sequenced sounds in my mind

i got an epidural when i had my knee ligament reconstruction. it wasn't exactly pleasant, but it's over relatively quickly.

Which ligament?

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

In all seriousness how many tracks does anyone know of that have sampled such a device?

Archived