IGNORED

anyone here take natural remedies for insomnia?

keltoi

Guest the anonymous forumite

Im quite sure I have Sleep Apnea but I haven't a clue how you would self diagnose it.

**waits for xxx**

You have to go to a sleep lab. They wire you up from head to toes and then they monitor your sleep. There are cameras in the room, and mics.

I did that and they diagnosed a mild sleep apnea.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest enxyme

Insomnia is not natural...

You should be sleeping well at night and ready to go to bed when it's time...

Remember... Herbs are extremely powerful... You should only use them when all else fails...

Insomnia is a symptom of a restless mind...

Try getting more exercise and practicing relaxation techniques... Meditation... Foot massage etc...

One great natural/herbal remedy though is Lettuce... It has within it a wonderful subtle opiate...

I tried melatonin, gave me bad nightmares and vivid dreams, which in turn made me depressed during the day. I may try it again in the future though.

tire yourself out during the day, physically and mentally

for the last couple of weeks, on weekdays, i've been working 9-5 with 1.5 hour journey time to and from work, then straight onto decorating for about 3 hours after dinner.

i'm going to bed physically and mentally exhausted but lying awake thinking about all the stuff i have to do.

it's understandable i suppose with big changes a-coming, but the stress must be in my sub-conscious cos i don't feel it during the day at all.

Guest fiznuthian

my medicinal mushroom regimin has helped me get my sleep under control..

i lay down and fall asleep pretty much instantly when i'm ready, usually any time at all past 6-7 PM.

probably related to the fact that i still, yes still, experience near zero physical and mental stress every day now.

kinda easy to sleep when you don't have any anxieties

i'm reading about valerian and kava root, melatonin, etc and wondered if any of you have any experience with them or other remedies for a better night's kip?

I take THIS nightly and am asleep 20-30 minutes after taking it. It's from a US vitamin company so check the ingredients label as I'm sure the formula isn't proprietary. I also used to take 3mg melatonin. When my son was born and would wake us up every 2-3 hours through the night I'd take 3-4 3mg melatonin in a 7- hour period. I never felt "hung over" or spaced out the next day and I never noticed a diminished effectiveness.

good luck!

i'm reading about valerian and kava root, melatonin, etc and wondered if any of you have any experience with them or other remedies for a better night's kip?

I take THIS nightly and am asleep 20-30 minutes after taking it. It's from a US vitamin company so check the ingredients label as I'm sure the formula isn't proprietary. I also used to take 3mg melatonin. When my son was born and would wake us up every 2-3 hours through the night I'd take 3-4 3mg melatonin in a 7- hour period. I never felt "hung over" or spaced out the next day and I never noticed a diminished effectiveness.

good luck!

i found a uk supplier of this swanson stuff. i ordered some other stuff already let's see if it ever arrives.

I've been taking melatonin for some eight months now and it has worked pretty well. I've stretched my nightly sleeptime from 5-6 hours to 7-8 hours. I'm not anymore tired all the time and i have much more energy. I've heard that it doesn't work for all but it's well worth the try. It's cheap and no side effects whatsoever.

i didn't sleep at all last night, FUCK! Maybe 20 minutes after going to bed at like 7 in the AM and then I noticed a fucking bug infestation on my matress and it freaked me the fuck out so I deep cleaned my room and matress and sheets and now I can't go back to sleep cause its light out and im hungry and freaked out from bugs.

also I figured out they are fucking bed bugs wtf? I don't know what the fuck im going to. I read the thread about them and talked to a guy who said dealing with them was the worst experience of his life. I made a duct tape trap all around my door so they will get stuck if they try to leave. Encased my matress with a special cover, cleaning all clothes, wiping down everyting I have, checked all corners found some more and killed them. Just bought some foggers that claim to kill bed bugs so tomorrow I will seal off my room and do that. But fuck, I think they are in my baseboards and could very well be around the house(though i haven't found any or seen any signs), god knows how long I've had them. To top it all off I haven't told my roomates or my landlord, FML.

i wonder what are the chances of my order ever arriving, since all these herbs are not OTC in UK. we'll see.

i got my delivery of melatonin and GABA yesterday. last night i slept like a fucking log and awoke feeling refreshed with a spring in my step and a song in my heart.

i got my delivery of melatonin and GABA yesterday. last night i slept like a fucking log and awoke feeling refreshed with a spring in my step and a song in my heart.

Record this and post it, please. Fluttering noises and heartbeat sleeping albums prohibited. I want the melody.

Archived