IGNORED

anyone here take natural remedies for insomnia?

keltoi

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thought so. i might get some to zonk me out occasionally.

do you feel any drowsiness or other effects the next day?

not really. you can't rely on them for every night though.

nyquil, benedryl or advil pm work?

actually benedryl(or other antihistamine) is recommended for the hypnagogia/hypnic jerk shit i suffer from occasionally which makes it impossible to get to sleep (like last night)... i only just read about it online so i'm getting some tomorrow. cheers. i've also got some sleepeaze stuff here with the same ingredients as benadryl but it's never worked before.

i need to learn how to clear my head better though.

Guest Adjective

i've had success with melatonin, but with any sleep remedy i try to keep it an occasional thing, or else i'll just learn a way to survive the effects. I can't seem to help fighting off sleep, my mind gets too many ideas before it shuts down.

make a hole in your matress and combine press ups with masturbation

Do not name your matress.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU GIVE YOUR MATRESS A NAME KELTOI

LOL

Guest abusivegeorge

Oh man I remember when I used to hump my mattress, but I never cut a hole in it. If I'd have had that idea I might never have moved onto hand masturbation.

Guest Rabid

I once posted a quick guide to treating insomnia but people ignored it lol

post it again please, we cant see everything posted on the forums.

Before I spend time typing out everything I know, how consistent is your sleeping pattern? If its not the same time to bed, and out of bed, every day, you have to work on it. I know this is painful for a LOT of people. But impossible for very few.

brb

Guest Rabid

back

Helpful tips for getting to sleep:

- Keep a regular sleep pattern

- Exercise, ideally incorporate both weight-lifting and cardio

- Relax before going to bed. No exercise for 3 hours before bed. Hot showers and warm milk

- If your racing thoughts prevent you from sleeping, try meditating during the day or journaling (I recommend journaling for everyone anyway)

- Use your bed only for sleeping. If you have sex or do pushup-masturbation in your bed, you might get aroused as you lay there later trying to sleep

- Masturbate before bed

- Block out distractions with white noise or earplugs

- Sleep in a cool room with minimal light - use sleeping masks if you have to

- Be careful with naps. They won't hurt if taken in the early afternoon

- Use supplements if necessary. I haven't used them so I'd be the wrong guy to ask

Helpful tips for higher-quality sleep:

- Many of the above also apply to this

- Don't eat before sleeping. Many adults have acid reflux at night and don't even know about it

- Elevate the head if you suspect you have sleep apnea

- Be careful with the above tip not to strain the neck. In fact I would recommend sleeping on your back on a hardwood floor, which might paradoxically alieve tension in the body and aid your posture

- No alcohol before bed

Hope this helped, do your own research and take everything with a grain of salt.

work hard and if you can't work hard, work out. does anybody here work out? i wouldn't call it a regular thing w/ me but i did do like an hour walk during break in the middle of a 12.5 hour shift. i'm fucking obliterated. goodnight.

back

- Relax before going to bed. No exercise for 3 hours before bed. Hot showers and warm milk

- If your racing thoughts prevent you from sleeping, try meditating during the day or journaling (I recommend journaling for everyone anyway)

- Use your bed only for sleeping. If you have sex or do pushup-masturbation in your bed, you might get aroused as you lay there later trying to sleep

- Masturbate before bed

- Use supplements if necessary. I haven't used them so I'd be the wrong guy to ask

- Don't eat before sleeping. Many adults have acid reflux at night and don't even know about it

- Be careful with the above tip not to strain the neck. In fact I would recommend sleeping on your back on a hardwood floor, which might paradoxically alieve tension in the body and aid your posture

- No alcohol before bed

Hope this helped, do your own research and take everything with a grain of salt.

cheers for the effort. yeah i go to bed about the same time every night.

there's a couple of things from there i could change about my routine.

journalling? lol i'm not a little girl. :emotawesomepm9:

last night i took 2 sleepeaze and relaxed for half hour in the dark before going to bed. i also did some tension/relaxation and fell asleep in about 10 minutes with no hypnic nonsense... feel well rested today.

also, the thing about only using your bed for sleeping made me lol. like every time i get in bed i get a boner cos i have sex there?

Guest the anonymous forumite

back

- Masturbate before bed

- No alcohol before bed

This + Glycine. I have tried everything natural (ok weed works but no good for next day motivation) and nothing worked, even melatonin.

Try some gylcine (an amino acid) , it works wonders and make you sleep better than ever.

img_00795_big.jpg

Guest the anonymous forumite

also, L-Theanine works too, it puts your brain on alpha waves, helping you to relax.

sn01.jpg

i didn't sleep at all last night, FUCK! Maybe 20 minutes after going to bed at like 7 in the AM and then I noticed a fucking bug infestation on my matress and it freaked me the fuck out so I deep cleaned my room and matress and sheets and now I can't go back to sleep cause its light out and im hungry and freaked out from bugs.

Guest aeser

melatonin is the shit. doctor just prescribed me temazepam to help me sleep at night which is not remotely a natural remedy nor do i take it to sleep (much more fun to be awake on). still pretty psyched about it though.

Archived