IGNORED

Radiohead - LP8

jules

Yeah, I'd have to say these guys have remained a band at the top of their game from OK Computer onward. I think that's the longest any band has gone without once disappointing me. I haven't listened to them for a long while, but that's just because there's been way too much new/old music for me to familiarize myself with in the last couple years. Pretty much anytime I go back to any Radiohead album I'm reassured that yes, indeed it still is as good now as it seemed back then. Jonny Greenwood did an incredible job of the There Will be Blood soundtrack too --it's pretty much what ties the whole thing together, and it's a great film for it.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, great song. What I love about them, evidenced well here, is that you can tell listening to this how much time they must've spent getting the exact right mix with the exact right smoky guitar and drum sound. Lots of bands would probably be content to just let the composition of a track like this do the talking, considering it's a really effectively done short sad pop song, but I think that's what sets RH apart...attention to details.

Of course, I'm a guitar player so I really nerd out over effectively produced guitar tones, and this was the perfect color of tone for a track like this.

-Back on topic: Kid A FTW

I love disc two. Its a pity it didnt come with the digi download at the start.

Incidentally, how much did people pay for In Rainbows? I paid £5 but I bought the cd anyway.

Guest Greg Reason

Disc 2 of In Rainbows is so under-rated.

oh can anyone confirm if this is real? its apperntly a jap version of in rainbows that includes the bonus disc. i still haven't bought the album and this would be perfect:O

http://www.amazon.com/Rainbows-Special-2CD-Radiohead/dp/B003E33RDW/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1277604473&sr=8-16

Looks real to me. And I have the deluxe In Rainbows that they sold via mail order so I can confirm that there is actually a second disk. Japan always gets bonus stuff (alot of artists do give them second disks) so it makes sense. Nice cover too, better than the normal one.

Archived