IGNORED

plastikman's stuff...

QBLA

http://www.facebook.com/#!/note.php?note_id=411733669077&id=199232390073

To all my French fans, friends and supporters. I need your help!

On Friday night someone broke into my hotel room at Hotel Costes in Paris and stole my iPod and 2 x Plastikman Live iPads (serial #GB01723UZ38 and #GB0129CAZ3A) and my Plastikman Live show Apple Macbook Pro 17" laptop (serial #C02CK0GXDC7C).

I am asking everyone to keep their ears and eyes open for any information about these very important and personal items. I'm offering a 2500 € reward for any information that leads to the return of the equipment.

Please email me at x@m-nus.com. If found/returned I will NOT prosecute any one involved as I would just like to have my equipment returned.

Thank you, Rich.

Guest Greg Reason

How fuckin rude this is. Losing ipod and ipad is bad and all but losing a laptop with all your files on it really sucks ass.

didn't he also loose some mixer customised by his dad?

I think it's the same dude who stole RDJ's mp3 player on that plane, BT's mac with his (then) new album and Ceephax's 303

burglar.jpg

Same guy that probably stole Phoenecia's stuff too.

Guest Hanratty

maybe now he'll make ambient. cuz he got no beats!

that does suck. but he should use the opportunity to go lo-tech for a little while and do some gritty stuff.

^ He's currently doing a Plastikman world tour. What with the visuals and various controllers it is probably one of, if not the most hi-tech shows he's done thus far (look up the vids).

So it's probably not convenient to "go lo-tech for a while and do some gritty stuff".

Guest Scrambled Ears

How fuckin rude this is. Losing ipod and ipad is bad and all but losing a laptop with all your files on it really sucks ass.

backup

Guest ruiagnelo

Anyone else notice how the items that were stolen really highlight what a douchebag he's become?

Explain

if i would be a rich touring electronic musician i would be an apple man too. i don't know, but i have a feeling there's a reason why most pro's use apple computers/products.

Guest Scrambled Ears

if i would be a rich touring electronic musician i would be an apple man too. i don't know, but i have a feeling there's a reason why most pro's use apple computers/products.

whatever...its just like anything else...you have to know/use both and they both have advantages and both suck

whatever...its just like anything else...you have to know/use both and they both have advantages and both suck

but i have a feeling there's a reason why most pro's use apple computers/products.

Guest Greg Reason

but i have a feeling there's a reason why most pro's use apple computers/products.

the Nike of computers. "cool" items.

I've used em both, Macs break and freeze just as bad as PCs do. I've actually had more trauma with Macs than any PC I've ever owned

Anyone else notice how the items that were stolen really highlight what a douchebag he's become?

Explain

I can vaguely remember a time when Hawtin would show up with a literal handful records and use each and every one in stringing together a two hour set. I guess that's more of my kind of minimalism even if the banging tribal techno he would play wouldn't be called minimal at all by today's standards. Sure he threw in a 909 and Final Scratch at some point, still no harm done. But in recent years his shows to me have become gimmick city.

From the thankfully little exposure I've had to him speaking about more recent live performances it seems he takes that stuff awfully seriously too, like one instance where he described with a straight face how he uses different controllers for exactly the same thing just to be able to move around on stage and have some variation in the "visual element" of his shows. Using two iPads on stage just screams "new low". Thank fuck it reads like the iPod was his private one and not another stage prop.

OH YEH N APPLE SUXS LOL!

Archived