IGNORED

How do you tag your mixes?

Guest abracadabra

Guest abracadabra

So I recently acquired a bunch of mixes from the Fabric series and have found trouble tagging the mp3s. For example, say the mix is by Martyn. Is it proper to tag the artist name as "Martyn" and have each track title be "(Artist name) - (Song Title)"? Or should each artist name be the actual artist of the track and the album name just be "Fabric 50: Martyn" or something like that? I'm also seeking a way that this becomes compatible with Last.fm, but I guess it doesn't matter that much. How do you all do it?

:pedobear:

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I would put the dj in the name of the album, then have different artists for the individual tracks.

can't you just put the dj name in the 'album artist' field? or are you against id3v2 tags for some reason?

This is what I do and how fb2k likes it. I don't think "Album Artist" is any real standard outside of the foobar2000 world though. From what I've seen iTunes might use the "Band" tag to more or less the same effect...

Guest Sprigg

I typically rename the whole mix's 'artist' field as the artist's name, for example, the Scott Brown 'Ten Years of Hardcore' albums, I renamed the artists to 'Scott Brown,' as I typically use the Artist option on my mp3 player and not the Album option.

I also remove the 'disc one/disc two' shit on albums, I hate having them split up.

fully album artist.

if its one single track, tracklist in lyrics.

Internet high-five!

My biggest problem is what to do for artwork...

find a nice picture of the artist and crop it as a square?

ehhh it's too boring. usually I try and do some word-image association, but it doesn't always work out.

Archived