IGNORED

Oriol - Night & Day

You guys checked this yet? Really good stuff.

On his 2010 debut full-length Night and Day, Barcelona-born, Britain-based producer Oriol Singhji connects the dots between his musical interests. From Drum 'n' Bass and Dubstep to the '70s Fusion and experimentation of Herbie Hancock and Stevie Wonder to the lush house of Theo Parrish, Larry Heard and Recloose, the album incorporates a wide variety of influences into a singular style that's exuberant and fresh.

http://www.planet.mu/discography/ZIQ275

is a very very good album. the standout tracks from that mike p mix from a few months back (the one that had everybody shitting their pants cause their was some unreleased afx track in it) were from oriol.

Got this a few weeks ago and liking it a lot. It's a really enjoyable and accessible album without vanishing into the background. A good 'summer' album, even though I hate the hot weather myself.

this is some great happy music.

i remember someone on watmm recently posting a bit about how electronic music used to seem more carefree, less self-conscious etc, and this album goes straight back to that feel imo. diggy dig that. the lead synth on the opening track is a blast just by itself.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kelvanE

i ended up buying this after listening to the samples. this is really cool music. reminds me of a cooler, freer Dam-Funk. Dam-Funk i feel often feels constrained by his own limits, which makes his music distinct, but prevents it from soaring.

I heard 2 samples on iso50 blogg today and i really enjoy it, will definitely check this album out

Tycho's blog is better than his music.

I heard 2 samples on iso50 blogg today and i really enjoy it, will definitely check this album out

Tycho's blog is better than his music.

Here we go, you just turned this thread into an 8 page Tycho debate. :sleep:

It is a sweet blog though...

Guest Fatcaesar

Now i gotta defend him, i love his music.

Sure his 2 albums both had many of the same songs (?) but still kick ass music!

And his blog is very good, especially if you like design as well

This album is quite good, haven't heard the whole yet though

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived