IGNORED

Reality isn't real

Guest chax

Guest abusivegeorge

Hey chenGOD what does the text in your sig mean?

google translation gives:

~ ~ ~ I would love to baekhoya time. My son

but babelfish gives:

The white tiger Oh! ~~~ thing example will always love. My son

It means:

Hey white tiger ~~~ I will always love you. (You are) My son.

Pff... They can't even make a computer that can translate.

If a computer cannot translate but a human can, how can we possibly be part of a computer?

There you go guys, problem solved with a simple computer error.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rate this simulation two stars out of five, purely for the visuals and special effects. Everything else about it sucks donkey balls. This is the last time I'll ever play this game.

Pitchfork reviews reality

There's no possibility life and reality isn't a construct. There are too many synchronities, it makes too much sense, yet is strange at the same time, and it's infinitely beautiful, too much correlation between the masses of organisms, zeitgeists and collective consciousness.. It's all about how you choose to look at it.. Just look at art & music. Gut feelings, intuition and synchronities etc tells us more about the characteristics of energy than logic does.

The fact that you are existing right now means that everything exists, since everything that exists is everything that exists. There cannot be nothing if there is something, since that something automatically is everything.

I'm not trying to make a wake up sheeple point but alot of people are missing all the strangeness and wonder happening right in front of their eyes..

Guest ruiagnelo

There's no possibility life and reality isn't a construct. There are too many synchronities, it makes too much sense, yet is strange at the same time, and it's infinitely beautiful, too much correlation between the masses of organisms, zeitgeists and collective consciousness.. It's all about how you choose to look at it.. Just look at art & music. Gut feelings, intuition and synchronities etc tells us more about the characteristics of energy than logic does.

The fact that you are existing right now means that everything exists, since everything that exists is everything that exists. There cannot be nothing if there is something, since that something automatically is everything.

I'm not trying to make a wake up sheeple point but alot of people are missing all the strangeness and wonder happening right in front of their eyes..

i sort of said a similar thing some posts back when i talked about the senses, which i think still are the only reliable reminders of reality - or contact with the surroundings or whatever people want to call it - we possess.

but as you say, it is such a coincidence, "it makes too much sense" because it happens naturally, and it's been a long time since we last thought of things happening naturally. today its all about technology and machines. we produce cars, computers, we turn on/off the internet, on/off the mail account, on/off the tv control...[etc etc].

and that plainness, the happening naturally seems now impossible to understand, so that we come up with way too complex theories, doubts, considerations and even dare to consider the possibility of living inside of a computer. the thing is.. we actually created the computer.

Guest abusivegeorge

Excellent post man.

Now is another concept spiritual people throw around. It doesn't have the referent people think it has (naturally...). The "now" concept is as much a manifestation of the universe as anything else. All words point to the same thing.

if i wore a watch it'd be this one:

nowwatch.jpg

I thought this was a watch where the only time is 303

Just wanted to say I love this thread. The original post and topic is cool, but it has gone off in a few different tangents that have also been interesting. Thanks again WATMM.

Guest happycase

Now is another concept spiritual people throw around. It doesn't have the referent people think it has (naturally...). The "now" concept is as much a manifestation of the universe as anything else. All words point to the same thing.

if i wore a watch it'd be this one:

nowwatch.jpg

I thought this was a watch where the only time is 303

Right!

Guest happycase

Excellent post man.

Yeah man. Level 60 Zen. Existence implies not only more of itself, but the whole. But I think existence is also just a label we use to try to explain things. Nothing is "existing," or "not existing." Understanding of any sort is just baggage. The mind Describes existence and nothing more. The label supports the existence of the referent. "Logic" is a matter of confidence in rhetoric.

Seeing synchronicities is more due to our brain software being programmed to look for patterns, even when there aren't any. Similarities are more from the underlying simple rules that have under the billions of years reiterated countless times and formed what seems to be infinite complexity.

Prove it.

Guest disparaissant

Lol, that happens when you lose your contact with nature around you. Go pick crops with your bare hands for a month or two and there will be no more question whether a computer is coordinating you.

not true, i've played harvest moon.

Guest ruiagnelo

Prove it.

/thread

that would be a weak argument to end the thread.

i think that chimera means something like: if you exist at the moment, then everything else exists because you are conscious about that fact and your eyes can't prove wrong, but if for some reason you cease, everything will disappear [to you].

if so, it's an interesting perspective, altought i think the existence of everything else goes beyond ours itself.

no computer software can emulate the pure bliss of a good opiate, or a pizza lunchable [edit], bro[/edit]

Fuck you. Now I want some of each.

Seeing synchronicities is more due to our brain software being programmed to look for patterns, even when there aren't any. Similarities are more from the underlying simple rules that have under the billions of years reiterated countless times and formed what seems to be infinite complexity.

+1

Humans noticing patterns all over the place doesn't mean they exist everywhere outside of us. If this thread has taught us anything, it's that we are constructing our reality as we move through it. There does not currently seem to be an end to the Universe's complexity in either direction we look, but the farther away we get from our own relative size, the more difficult the patterns become for us to understand.

Overall, we're doing a pretty fantastic job of uncovering the riddles, and our pace is increasing.

Humans noticing patterns all over the place doesn't mean they exist everywhere outside of us.*

whoops, wanna add:

*I do agree that the fundamental rules we've "figured out" (I use quotations because the great trick of Science is being able to admit when it's wrong) so far are somehow pleasing to the eye and mind and give off a sense of beauty - to those who care to examine them, anyway..

Yeah man. Level 60 Zen. Existence implies not only more of itself, but the whole. But I think existence is also just a label we use to try to explain things. Nothing is "existing," or "not existing." Understanding of any sort is just baggage. The mind Describes existence and nothing more. The label supports the existence of the referent. "Logic" is a matter of confidence in rhetoric.

Yes, I think the most important aspect is that things aren't necessarily what we think they are, and it's questionable whether they are even things at all for that matter.

I disagree.

Prove it.

It's all about recognizing that "nothing" is an infinitely strange concept in the first place as a juxtaposition against "everything" and "something". Let's say there's nothing. Put a tiny bit of dirt there. Now there is something, and nothing is still nothing. Nothing is not a characteristic, it's nil. That something is all, and here's the tricky part.. it's infinite.

Everything that could ever be is right there in that something. What you actually see, and when you see it, is dependant on which angle you're looking from.

i think that chimera means something like: if you exist at the moment, then everything else exists because you are conscious about that fact and your eyes can't prove wrong, but if for some reason you cease, everything will disappear [to you].

if so, it's an interesting perspective, altought i think the existence of everything else goes beyond ours itself.

I'm not sure myself which train of thought I wanted to provoke with that but like you said, I found it an interesting perspective and I like your interpretation.

Consciousness has discovered matter and thus itself. Why should it be separate from matter? I think everything is inseparable, and consciousness is included in that. Energy never dies, I think that is an important aspect of uncovering the nature of reality. Nothing can cease.

I think the proposition by the philosopher is abit flawed. As most of us would agree, reality is quite real. What reality IS, that's a different story...

I disagree.

Prove it.

It's all about recognizing that "nothing" is an infinitely strange concept in the first place as a juxtaposition against "everything" and "something". Let's say there's nothing. Put a tiny bit of dirt there. Now there is something, and nothing is still nothing. Nothing is not a characteristic, it's nil. That something is all, and here's the tricky part.. it's infinite.

Everything that could ever be is right there in that something. What you actually see, and when you see it, is dependant on which angle you're looking from.

I'm not sure myself which train of thought I wanted to provoke with that but like you said, I found it an interesting perspective and I like your interpretation.

Consciousness has discovered matter and thus itself. Why should it be separate from matter? I think everything is inseparable, and consciousness is included in that. Energy never dies, I think that is an important aspect of uncovering the nature of reality. Nothing can cease.

I think the proposition by the philosopher is abit flawed. As most of us would agree, reality is quite real. What reality IS, that's a different story...

So what if you're blind? Is that piece of dirt still there?

I'm no philosophy phD...where's encey when you need him...goddamnit encey stop combing your beard and hop in this thread!

Guest theSun

nothing is the absence of something. it's not that complicated. if something is there, it is no longer nothing, just like if you have a nickel, you don't have no nickels.

this article reinforces my life philosophy of "just enjoy it" because we don't know shit outside our own subjectivity. so what if we're living in a virtual reality, it still feels great to put another man's fist in your bum or study astrophysics.

Archived