IGNORED

Champions League

Guest Gary C

wow.

usually the group stages are boring as fuck but hey!

NO FUCKIN MANC TEAMS

lol spurs made it sooo much farther and we're better and cooler too

edit: I actually feel spurs are better on paper than man u right now

spurs midfield definitely is.

anyways - wooo europa league. Watch Fergie throw Morrison and Pogba and Diouf to the wolves.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well since they lost 1-0 at home in an embarrassing display....

Chelsea what the fuck? That used to be one of the best defenses in the world....

Arsenal was just...god...i dunno...whats the word...

Arsenal were exposed as the brittle, idea-less "players" they are. It happens way too often and it's getting increasingly painful to watch.

Arteta is tidy, but not incisive enough. It's frankly wrong that we're already relying on Wilshere for a creative edge. Ramsey is trying too much for a player who I think should still be getting back to full fitness, he needs support as playmaker. If we're not lucky we could see Ramsey out for the most of the summer because he was overplayed like Wilshere last year.

Rosicky, out. Dead-weight. He's forgotten how good he was about 5 years ago. Spend serious money on Hamsik, Eriksen or Gotze.

Gibbs, out. Sign a solid full-back like Baines to counter Santos' penchant for being Brazilian.

Let Benayoun run his contract out or whatever he wants to do. Let Chamakh do the same.

And Walcott... don't succumb to his completely unwarranted pay-rise. Offer him a good deal, but nothing exceptional. Sign a devastating right-winger to either create the much-needed competition for that position or likely replace him. I think Walcott might finally become a good player if he had the fear of a better player behind him. That player is of course Eden Hazard, who we probably can't afford or entice, so maybe go for a Real Madrid/Barca reject (Granero, Afellay, etc...).

I'm pretty sure I made these exact same demands during the summer before we'd sold Cesc and Nasri. Fuck you, Arsenal.

Aside from that though, Man City looked pretty damn good vs Porto. City for the Europa League trophy, I'd bet, and then a better stab (Quarter Finals?) at the Champions League next season.

lol that's some nice baiting by leaving out United :)

You guys might get Eriksen - he's already stated he wants to go to Barcelona - so might as well go to the mini-Barca first. Hamsik or Gotze not a chance - you won't have the cash.

Gibbs looked terrible - but to be fair, so did Vermaelen.

• 2 weeks later...

Arsenal did good today, will probably shut Arsene's critics for a while.(which is bullshit because they didn't win the tie and were knocked out)

I thought Chamakh was sold last season, why is he still an Arsenal player? more useless than Bebe.

Guest Gary C

There's an old saying about 'a draw feeling like a win' and last night was an aggregate loss that felt like a win.

In a game of four quarters; Milan won the first quarter 2-0, the second 2-0 and then Arsenal won the third quarter 3-0. The fourth was a 0-0 draw.

Not bad at all considering how humiliated we were in the first leg and at the moment (with injuries coming around again) I'd rather have the confidence of beating Milan but not the extra game-time of either extra-time or the next round versus a team like Barca who will just humiliate us again.

It's all about momentum in the last few months of a season and at the moment we've got all the steam compared to Spurs and Chelsea.

I've been giving sports interviews in my shower this week and I've decided that there's a formula to the Premier League; over a season of 38 games, win 5-in-a-row once and you'll be in the top-6. Win 5-in-a-row twice and you'll be in the top 4.

Guest Gary C

Great save by Abbiati, he looks so old and aching most of the time one would think he wouldn't be able to pull saves like that.

Abbiati.gif

Tame shot. Van Persie should have really nailed it across the ground.

Great save by Abbiati, he looks so old and aching most of the time one would think he wouldn't be able to pull saves like that.

Abbiati.gif

Or, RVP shouldn't have kicked it directly at Abbiati....

Also who the fuck have you been interviewing in your shower gary? actually, never mind..I don't want to know.

Leverkusen fuck you, what a bunch of cowards they fought over messi's t-shirt, if they love him so much why don't they suck his cock. They pretty much said "yeah messi we won't tackle you or try to mark you just score goals , we love you" .. fucking hate them.

Oh, the good old days were Liverpool almost won the league. That gif is from when Benitez substituted Torres against Birmingham with like 10 minutes to go, the score was 2-2 and if my memory doesn't fail me he scored both of those goals, they ended up drawing the game and loosing the league. Benitez is a joke.

Oh, the good old days were Liverpool almost won the league. That gif is from when Benitez substituted Torres against Birmingham with like 10 minutes to go, the score was 2-2 and if my memory doesn't fail me he scored both of those goals, they ended up drawing the game and loosing the league. Benitez is a joke.

Cheers for the background, i was wondering what had prompted it. it looks good because of his recent (lack of) form, but I guessed it was something more to do with Benitez!

Gotta correct myself , that GIF its not from the 08/09 season (when Liverpool almost won the league), it was from the 09/10 season when Liverpool finished 7th, just remembered Birmingham were in the championship during the 08/09 season, sorry about that.

Some other facts i got wrong - The scoreline was 1-1 and Torres was subbed with 25 minutes to go.

Leverkusen fuck you, what a bunch of cowards they fought over messi's t-shirt, if they love him so much why don't they suck his cock. They pretty much said "yeah messi we won't tackle you or try to mark you just score goals , we love you" .. fucking hate them.

i'm german and i have to say i feel fucking ashamed for the performance leverkusen made against barca in both the games. the trainer, robin dutt, is an unskilled prick, people dont even like him around here. but they won against münchen 2 weeks ago so dutt will stay and leverkusen will keep on playing the bad and boring football they play in the bundesliga for months.

Archived