IGNORED

Apple's Ping

Joyrex

why do people complain about the size of itunes? is ram at a premium where you are?

because it sucks. drm is the bane of the internet, and steve jobs should be tried for crimes against humanity for the injustification of making apple users not step out of their comfort zones to actually LEARN something about how computers function. imagine if everyone used apple computers, there would be no need to learn anything ever!

uh, im not following you here...

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ruiagnelo

i use itunes and lastfm. the fuck should i do now?

Yeah likewise...I wouldn't mind trying out this new ping thing but no way am I just going to abandon my 4 years of last.fm stats! It would just be cool to be able to connect with so many more real-life friends...who aren't nerdy enough about music to ever use last.fm.

i have a feeling appple will do something about transferring your last.fm stats to this ping thingie :emotawesomepm9:

in that case i would get 2 in 1.

but i don't see my lastfm friends even using itunes as a player.

why do people complain about the size of itunes? is ram at a premium where you are?

because it sucks. drm is the bane of the internet, and steve jobs should be tried for crimes against humanity for the injustification of making apple users not step out of their comfort zones to actually LEARN something about how computers function. imagine if everyone used apple computers, there would be no need to learn anything ever!

get an apple computer

get an apple ipod

get an apple ipad

get apple itunes

get apple ping

or

get a pc

get any mp3 player you want

get any netbook you want

get last.fm or whatever social music network you want

Guest AcrossCanyons

get an apple computer

get an apple ipod

get an apple ipad

get apple itunes

get apple ping

or

get a pc

get any netbook you want

you're aware you can get all of those things and still use a mac, right?..

i have a mac

don't have an ipod

i have last.fm

cool your jets dude

hating on apple isn't as cool as you may think

I guess last.fm will never get the wide-spread recognition it deserves. :dry:

Yeah, sad but probably true. I wouldn't want to be working at Last.fm right now... :unsure:

they lost a lot of folk already when they switched to a paying model for anything but scrobbling, too.

Think of it as a Facebook for music.

BPRq1.jpg

OK, a well-designed and functional Facebook for music...

get an apple computer

get an apple ipod

get an apple ipad

get apple itunes

get apple ping

or

get a pc

get any netbook you want

You forgot:

get a pc... and install antivirus and driver updates

get any mp3 player you want... and suffer through (usually) inferior U/I and loading issues

get any netbook you want... and look on in envy at the iPad

get any mp3 player you want... because the one you bought in step 2 died on you

get last.fm or whatever social music network you want... and watch as they struggle to survive and all your friends migrate to Ping :emotawesomepm9:

AMIDOINITRITE?

Therein lies one of the very common misconceptions about iTunes and iTunes users. Using iTunes does not imply that one purchases music from the iTunes store. I've purchased maybe 10 tracks from the iTunes store in my life and that was only because some idiot gave me an iTunes gift card. And it's basically the only media player I've used since I started ripping my CD collection around 2003.

I agree that DRM is evil and so are 128kbps files, but end users have to take some of the blame for not doing a little research, too. No one has to buy from the iTunes store just because they use iTunes.

i have a feeling appple will do something about transferring your last.fm stats to this ping thingie :emotawesomepm9:

Yeah probably. Convert every last possible user.

You forgot:

get any mp3 player you want... and suffer through (usually) inferior U/I and loading issues

get last.fm or whatever social music network you want... and watch as they struggle to survive and all your friends migrate to Ping :emotawesomepm9:

AMIDOINITRITE?

:cisfor:

edit: didnt itunes get rid of drm a couple of years ago anyway?

see joyrex, now that's the spirit! now let's throw steve jobs and bill gates into the alligator pit and have a bonfire with idmz and devise a global platform that will surpass all modern software design

edit: except the ipad does suck, probably due to steve jobs mouthing off at adobe (which was not entirely unnecessary). let's just tell the millions of websites out there to re-code everything to something else instead of flash, so apple can get their fruity hands in everything

Guest AcrossCanyons

what mp3 player do you use?

(directed towards acrosscanyons)

i don't have an mp3 player anymore because my last one conked out on me (wasn't an ipod btw). just use my phone as an mp3 player now.

let's just tell the millions of websites out there to re-code everything to something else instead of flash, so apple can get their fruity hands in everything

so you dont like itunes because you feel its bloated yet its not ok for apple's programmers to dislike flash because they feel its bloated?

let's just tell the millions of websites out there to re-code everything to something else instead of flash, so apple can get their fruity hands in everything

so you dont like itunes because you feel its bloated yet its not ok for apple's programmers to dislike flash because they feel its bloated?

ignorance is bliss :)

ignorance is bliss :)

:shrug::emotawesomepm9:

see joyrex, now that's the spirit! now let's throw steve jobs and bill gates into the alligator pit and have a bonfire with idmz and devise a global platform that will surpass all modern software design

edit: except the ipad does suck, probably due to steve jobs mouthing off at adobe (which was not entirely unnecessary). let's just tell the millions of websites out there to re-code everything to something else instead of flash, so apple can get their fruity hands in everything

So, you like the fact Adobe forces a proprietary software upon you to watch video, and having the choice of HTML 5-enabled video or other formats is wrong?

You forgot:

AMIDOINITRITE?

- So you don't have any malware on macs then or ever have to update any drivers. I see ....

- My mp3 player interface - I press on, chose the album from the up and down buttons, then press play. There's certainly no issue interface wise there...

- People that I know with netbooks and tried an iPad could not believe how restrictive they were, shrugged and went back to their (no doubt cheaper) netbook

- My mp3 player is 5 years old and has no hint of dying on me

- None of the people on my friends list of last.fm use iTunes so I can't see that being an issue.

Plus I've only just taken in that it's called fucking 'Ping', what with Microsoft's 'Bing' no doubt Google will bring out 'Thing' that does, erm, stuff.....

Ping!! PING ?!

....and for that reason, ee'm not going to invest, so ee'm oot.

who said i liked adobe? i just think its funny that steve jobs talked crap about adobe, and in turn apple gets no flash. fitting for such provocative and "forward thinking" companies...

edit: mcbpete has a good point, google should make "thing" and have it do "stuff". i love corporate humor!

You forgot:

AMIDOINITRITE?

- So you don't have any malware on macs then or ever have to update any drivers. I see ....

- My mp3 player interface - I press on, chose the album from the up and down buttons, then press play. There's certainly no issue interface wise there...

- People that I know with netbooks and tried an iPad could not believe how restrictive they were, shrugged and went back to their (no doubt cheaper) netbook

- My mp3 player is 5 years old and has no hint of dying on me

- None of the people on my friends list of last.fm use iTunes so I can't see that being an issue.

Plus I've only just taken in that it's called fucking 'Ping', what with Microsoft's 'Bing' no doubt Google will bring out 'Thing' that does, erm, stuff.....

Ping!! PING ?!

....and for that reason, ee'm not going to invest, so ee'm oot.

Ping, as in network pinging, you troll :emotawesomepm9:

who said i liked adobe? i just think its funny that steve jobs talked crap about adobe, and in turn apple gets no flash. fitting for such provocative and "forward thinking" companies...

edit: mcbpete has a good point, google should make "thing" and have it do "stuff". i love corporate humor!

There's more to the "lack of Flash on Apple devices" than just trash talk... I'm sure there was some licensing involved, and thats' what made Apple take the stance they did. A device is different than a computer in that the applications usually have to be custom-coded and designed for the hardware they run on, and I bet Adobe wanted a lot of cash to license Flash support to Apple, and Apple decided to thumb their nose at them and go the "open source" route with HTML 5...

The more I think about Ping, the more it really spells the end of MySpace, which in my book is a good thing...

Archived