IGNORED

Apple's Ping

Joyrex

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe they will add these missing features later? but whats the point? they want everyone else to see the stats they see by purchasing? do that think people will buy from itunes more just to show a song to their friends? wtf apple?

wtf5_Things_that_make_you_say_WTF-s400x318-17806-580.jpg

first it was my iphone 4, and now its itunes 10 that wont work on tiger? yet all these things work on fucking XP? WTF

they really do punish you for not keeping up every step of the way.

Guest Hanratty

i literally just made my account, so i might be doing it all wrong. but i am pretty convinced that this is linked up with the itunes store purchases and nothing else. i added a bunch of artists to my "likes" and it says there's a ten song maximum for the display in the upper right corner. and then it does a little status update a la facebook or twitter saying that i liked something. but i can't really see the usefulness in this versus the scrobbling i can do with last.fm where everything is automated. this is just kind of a pain in the ass.

same experience here. i dont buy from itunes either. if this is it then i am not gonna participate. why would i want to waste my time digging into profiles of music i already enjoy just to prove to people that i like it by clicking in the itunes store. am i missing something here?

first it was my iphone 4, and now its itunes 10 that wont work on tiger? yet all these things work on fucking XP? WTF

they really do punish you for not keeping up every step of the way.

tiger is 5 years old. Spend the 20 bucks and upgrade to snow leopard, it's well worth it.

buy it chen so i can come over... greez up my nutz and slip slip slippity slide them on your itouch!

You'll have to stand in line.

tiger is 5 years old. Spend the 20 bucks and upgrade to snow leopard, it's well worth it.

isn't the upgrade price from leopard to snow leopard? i'm still on tiger and would love to upgrade but have been holding out because i don't want to spend the $$$.

No. You can purchase snow leopard at 30 (sorry, got the price wrong earlier) dollars regardless of previous OS. http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A?fnode=MTY1NDAzOA&mco=MTc1MTEzNjY

The upgrade from Tiger to Leopard was 30 dollars and I think (memory fails me) that you could only get Leopard as an upgrade.

isn't the upgrade price from leopard to snow leopard? i'm still on tiger and would love to upgrade but have been holding out because i don't want to spend the $$$.

No. You can purchase snow leopard at 30 (sorry, got the price wrong earlier) dollars regardless of previous OS. http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A?fnode=MTY1NDAzOA&mco=MTc1MTEzNjY

The upgrade from Tiger to Leopard was 30 dollars and I think (memory fails me) that you could only get Leopard as an upgrade.

thanks, good to know. i read "Snow Leopard is an upgrade for Leopard users and requires a Mac with an Intel processor." and assumed that meant i was required to be running leopard first.

my favorite thing about itunes ping and genius and all those other things is that you need a credit card to use them. which i dont have.

fuck you apple

no paypal works too

my favorite thing about itunes ping and genius and all those other things is that you need a credit card to use them. which i dont have.

fuck you apple

no paypal works too

there was no option for paypal when i was trying to sign up..

im on the page right now.. it has visa, mastercard, and what ever the green one is.

no paypal option anywhere on the page :(

Archived