IGNORED

The Dark Knight Rises

Rubin Farr

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm questioning your super cool way of thinking about entertainment. I want to learn how to be as bad ass as you. I also seriously want to suck your dick, that would be rad. Let's not beat around the bush here.

oh, i see, it's just me acting like that on purpose because that's exactly what it feels like to do when you're faced with 9.0 stars on movies like this on imdb...

oh, btw, the soundtrack was horrible, what a generic piece of trash...

take dune ost by TOTO for an instance, or flash gordon's ost by QUEEN, or Bryan May scoring Madmax... those are really killer soundtracks"!!!

Let's keep the personal bickering to a minimum - nobody wants to read two fanboys ranting about each other, let alone what they think of this movie.

hasn't this essentially been the last ten pages or so?

So you're saying that you're way too cool for school and mature to take fantastical fiction even remotely seriously for a couple hours? Your life must be so fun, wanna trade brains?

I want to have fun with these superheroes movies. The Dark Knight trilogy is like Gone with the Wind but with Batman.

lol dont take it so seriously!

That's not the point. I can't have fun with the Dark Knight because the filmmakers/fans take it way too seriously. Nolan is trying to create Gone with the wInd for the comic-book generation ... fuck that, these superheroes movies should be fun and humorous (like Iron Man/ Avengers).

To me Iron Man is the perfect superhero movie.

That's not the point. I can't have fun with the Dark Knight because the filmmakers/fans take it way too seriously. Nolan is trying to create Gone with the wInd for the comic-book generation ... fuck that, these superheroes movies should be fun and humorous (like Iron Man/ Avengers).

???

Gone with the wind?

expand plz.

Batman is not supposed to be "fun and humorous". It's supposed to be dark and gritty. That's what makes Batman different from the other superheroes. And that's the reason he's probably the only superhero I like. Iron Man is a entertaining movie too, but It would be boring if all superhero movies just followed the tongue'n'cheek Iron Man formula.

I don't know why i used Gone With the Wind (i guess thats my go-to movie to describe drama).

I guess what i mean is that watching Nolan's Batman feels like i'm watching a shitty drama movie with 15 minutes of great action scenes and cool costumes. Nolan focuses too much on romance,character development (shit like that), i can't take any of that seriously because THE GUY IS WEARING A BAT COSTUME!!

Iron Man for example, little romance, next to none character development, action packed, fun and with a good script. (just what i look for in a superheroe movie)

I wonder if American Psycho could technically be classed as a superhero film? Sort of ticks a lot of the boxes of what's required for the genre.

Nolan focuses too much on romance,character development (shit like that)

and he fails hard!!!

He does but i don't think is Nolan's fault, the characters he has to work with are shit. Maybe it works in the comic books but i just can't enjoy 2 hours of Batman's romantic life.

He does but i don't think is Nolan's fault, the characters he has to work with are shit. Maybe it works in the comic books but i just can't enjoy 2 hours of Batman's romantic life.

it is his fault because it was his own decision to take this ambitious self-centered egotistical project forward... and he went the wrong way...

Guest Frankie5fingers

it is his fault because it was his own decision to take this ambitious self-centered egotistical project forward... and he went the wrong way...

last i remember (haven't read batman comics in awhile) batman had very little romance. But yeah, i think what nolan was going for was "why is he the way he is". and he totally failed. thats an answer that took many many comic books to explain. and there is not enough time for that to be explained in a movie.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

The internet has not helped society as whole. It's made people jaded, annoying and stuck up.

Archived