IGNORED

BLOC 2011

oscillik

Guest Coalbucket PI

I don't mean to be a grumpy old farty poop but I don't know why people keep talking about bringing huge sound systems, the music goes on until 7 or something and then if you're making loads of noise after that they will surely come and make you stop, plus isn't it that sort of thing that gets events licenses taken away

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mean to be a grumpy old farty poop but I don't know why people keep talking about bringing huge sound systems, the music goes on until 7 or something and then if you're making loads of noise after that they will surely come and make you stop, plus isn't it that sort of thing that gets events licenses taken away

Minehead is in the middle of nowhere, there are no neighours to piss off really.

The music in a couple of the arenas went on until 10am saturday and sunday morning and kicked off again in others around 2pm so theres only a few hours without the beats.

I didnt see security shutting down any chalet parties, but it may have happened.

If you are still looking for something to do on NYE, Bloc will also be hosting a massive NYE party in conjunction with Eastern Electrics!

It’s already caused a frenzy with one of 2010’s biggest and best underground line ups, and now London’s most-anticipated NYE party just got even heavier. Announcing the addition of one of the hottest names in experimental electronic music – US genius DJ Matthew Dear – eastern electrics – Back To The Tunnels is THE hot ticket for NYE 2010.

Tickets are running out though, so get on it quickly! If you miss out, there is the chance to win tickets from Pulse Radio...

...Winners will be revealed tomorrow, so don’t sleep!

EASTERN ELECTRICS NYE

FRI 31st DEC // 2100-0700 // BACK TO THE TUNNELS

ROOM 1 - Mulletover & Crosstown Rebels present Rebel Rave:

Seth Troxler

Jamie Jones

Damian Lazarus

Geddes

ROOM 2 - BLOC:

Matthew Dear

Joker

Roska

Instra:mental

ROOM 3 - Man Make Music:

Solo

Sound Pellegrino Thermal Team

Sketchy

Another Amit

Back To The Tunnels Event

http://www.easternelectrics.com

http://www.residentadvisor.net/ee

http://theransomnote.co.uk/tickets/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest macked

Now that we are into 2011, the countdown to Bloc really starts. So in that spirit, we start off the year with one of the many stellar sets from last year’s festival to keep you going through the first week back at work!

Adam Beyer – Bloc10 set

Drumcode boss Adam Beyer has been Sweden’s top techno export for the best part of two decades and has collaborated with fellow big guns like Speedy J, Mathew Jonson, Tiga and Marco Carola over the years. His Drumcode label has been thwacking out the most supremely funky and rhythmically heavy techno tunes for 13 years now and his DJ sets are renowned for their depth and uniformly dancefloor smashing capabilities.

Beyer owns the chunky funky techno sound and his set at Bloc 2010 proves that in full.

Adam Beyer – Bloc10 Set

Grab this and a whole host more sets over at the Bloc Weekend site.

Guest Coalbucket PI

Some "true legend and megastar" to be announced to play the closing set

http://www.facebook.com/blocwknd

Can't really think of anyone bigger and more worthy than Aphex, but maybe the likes of Orbital?

lulz @ burial

Jeff Mills or someone of his ilk seems most likely to me

Tickets booked, YEAAHHHH

Fucking LOVE Bloc. 4th in a row for me this one will be.

Nice one, I thought I read that your life was shit and your house burnt down or something slightly less extreme that meant you weren't coming?

Laurent Garnier has been announced as the final headliner to close Bloc festival 2011!

Check out this new video for a lineup recap…

BLOC 2011 LINEUP

*Follow Bloc’s twitter for the chance to win a copy of Shackleton’s recent fabric CD an exclusive Bloc weekender hoody! You gotta be in it to win it…

http://twitter.com/BLOCwknd

Tickets booked, YEAAHHHH

Fucking LOVE Bloc. 4th in a row for me this one will be.

Nice one, I thought I read that your life was shit and your house burnt down or something slightly less extreme that meant you weren't coming?

Haha, when was I saying that?

Nah I had a bit of a mare with my dad being a twat and giving me four weeks to get gone so he could leave the country but that's all been sorted for a while now. Moved out a while back and I'm sitting quite pretty at the moment!

Check out this storming new Bloc mix from Overkill

OverkillImage-1.jpg

1. Daedelus, Paperboy and Taz – Touchstone

2. Doshy – Chip (P45 Remix / Unreleased)

3. Luka Baumann - Emergency Nine (Go Hiyama Remix)

4. Alva Noto – U 07

5. Ghettozoid – BoyToy J (Silverman Remix / Unreleased)

6. Hecq – Nihilum (Unreleased)

7. Barker and Baumecker – Can’t Stand It (Jimmy Edgar Makeover) (Absurd Recordings / Unreleased)

8. DJ Funk – Knock Knock

9. DJ Funk – Pussy Ride

10. DJ Funk – Dance Mania Mix Intro

11. DJ Rashad – Right Into Yo Arms

12. MachineDrum – Gbye (Unreleased)

13. Ebola – Alpha Paw

14. The Notorious B.I.G. – Big Poppa

15. Brixton Jungle? – 1994

16. Ganja Krew – Wild For The Night

17. Venetian Snares - Defluxion

18. King Midas Sound – Outta Space

OVERKILL BLOC 2011 MIX

You can also check a Q+A with Overkill main man N>E>D who put together the mix over on the Hyponik site here.

Archived