IGNORED

BLOC 2011

oscillik

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm almost definately going.

quoting the website “have a living room and a kitchen for hosting parties”

FUCK YEAH. Bringing some 1210's me thinks.

There were some cool chalet parties going on last year. Some guys near us were rinsing out jungle on the sunday morning so we stood around and had a dance before heading off for breakfast :biggrin:

The man, the legend, the enigma and quite possibly the single most influential UK electronica artist in living memory… we are hugely proud at Bloc to present to you the inimitable Aphex Twin, performing his special AV show for our fifth birthday.

AFX Seaside Specials

From twisting early rave sounds into mad, mind-melting forms like ‘Analogue Bubblebath’ and ‘Digeridoo’ in the very early 90′s through the unparalleled electronic bliss of his ‘Selected Ambient Works’, then into the growling fury of ‘Come To Daddy’ ending up with the disorientating beauty of ‘Windowlicker’, Aphex Twin’s discography is as vast and expansive as any other producer on the planet.

Unpredictable, inspired, irreverent and frighteningly talented, Aphex’s all-too-infrequent sets generally cover the full spectrum of rave and beyond so expect another acid jungle techno noisecore rollercoaster from the most unique talent of the post acid house era.

Check the Bloc website for a host more lineup additions over the coming weeks...

Other recent lineup additions include:

Four Tet // Speedy J // Drop The Lime // Toddla T // Venetian Snares // King Midas Sound // L-Vis 1990 // dOP // Floating Points // Pinch // Daedelus // Shackleton // Soul Clap // Loefah // DJ Pete // Will Saul // SDC // Addison Groove // Roska // Jimmy Edgar // Al Tourettes // Mary Anne Hobbs // Alva Noto // Global Goon // Legowelt // Orgue Electronique // Mark II [Altern-8] // Placid // AGT Rave Cru // Gemmy // Guido // Untold // B12 // Posthuman

BLOC. 11th – 13th March 2011

Butlins Minehead Resort, Somerset, UK, TA24 5SH

Tickets are now available:

£140 + BF per person in a standard apartment / £160 + BF in an apartment with a living room & kitchen / £180 + BF per person in a ‘Gold’ apartment with living room & kitchen.

*All tickets include four nights’ private accommodation, access to all Bloc arenas and all of the resorts facilities – including the water park.

*All venues and accommodation are indoors

BOOK TICKETS: http://www.shop.blocweekend.com

TELEPHONE BOOKING: 0844 414 2464

TRAVEL: http://www.blocweekend.com/venue

Follow Bloc on Facebook for exclusive content and the inside news as soon as it arrives!

BLOC FACEBOOK

BLOC TWITTER

BLOC YOUTUBE

BLOC SITE

To anyone who's been in the last couple of years.

I'm in the process of getting a few mates together to go. One of them was saying that last year there was far too much searching for the whole event. Obviously it's not a dealbreaker but I don't like being on edge constantly thinking where I've put my .....ahem "stuff". I have a habit of leaving in the most obvious places and getting chucked out etc because I'm pissed when I go in. Also apparently you can't take your own hardware to the rooms????

Did anyone find this?

There was plenty of security, but they didnt come near me all weekend. Show a wristband, walk on through.

It certainly wasnt as chaotic as the bangface weekender, but the chalets were in better condition and I think people respected them more (and also a slightly classier crowd perhaps? :emotawesomepm9: ) but there were plenty of chalet parties etc going on.

I see Magnetic Man have been added to the line-up - :facepalm:

The security is quite tight and you're not 'allowed' to take rave machines to your chalet.

This stops no-one from getting up to whatever they want, if they wish, yeah.

shiiiiit, this is bothersome. That lineup is a fucking legend even before the thing kicks off. Surely it will sell out. I think it's a lol that a dgoHn track was used in that "Seaside Specials" vid..."c'maan, Rich, got anything in your sleeve to up the ante?" He did sign Macc and dgoHn so he remains on the curve. Those two can induce mania they're so hype.

im not sure if we know yet whether or not there will be future macc and/or dgohn releases on rephlex, all thats happened so far is rephlex licensed the some shit saaink album from the subtle audio label. it would be safe to assume then that rdj+grant like the sound, so future rephlex releases from the 2 shouldn't be ruled out, but at this stage i'm not sure if i see macc/dgohn becoming rephlex regulars in the same way that ceephax, vibert, wisp, etc are.

As we start to get increasingly excited about next years festival, we have uploaded a whole load of old Bloc sets to tide you over the cold winter months in the run up to Bloc 2011.

Head over to the Bloc Weekend site to have a listen, or alternatively head over to the mixcloud!

Some of the many delights on offer include Rusko’s debut live set from 09, Amon Tobin’s surround sound DJ set from ’08 and Phuture 303’s mindblowing ’08 set.

Boom!

Download this belter of a mix from AGT Rave Cru who will be playing at Bloc 2011, featuring a whole host of absolute classics…Roll on March!

TRACKLISTING:

LFO – LFO

Quadrophonia – Quadrophonia

Altern8 – Hypnotic St-8

Eon - Spice

808 State – Donkey Doctor

Phuture – Acid Trax

Model 500 – I Wanna Be There

4Hero – Mr Kirk’s Nightmare

Slam – Positive Education

Joey Beltram – Energy Flash

Funk D’Void & Phil Keiron – Black Worm

Global Goon – Craehzrhd

Adonis – No Way Back

A Guy Called Gerald – Voodoo Ray

Mr. Fingers –You Can Feel It

Second Phase – Mentasm

Outlander – Vamp

Anthony Rother – Destroy Him My Robots

Altern8 – Infiltrate 202

DMS – Exterminate

Jack Beats – Get Down

Urban Shakedown – Some Justice

2 Bad Mice – Bombscare

4Hero – Cooking Up Your Brain

DJ Seduction – Hardcore Heaven

SL2 – Way In My Brain

Kicks Like A Mule – The Bouncer

Foul Play – Dubbing U

Criminal Minds vs DOT – Drums of Doom

Secret Frequency Crew – Miami Eyes

Hyper-On Experience – Lord of the Null Lines

D.M.S. & The Boneman X – Sweet Vibrations

Omni Trio – Renegade Snares (Foul Play Remix)

Cloud 9 – Burnin’ Up

SL2 – DJs Take Control

DJ Pulse & Wishdokta – Obsession (The Only Remix)

Sonz of a Loop da Loop Era – Far Out

Krome & Time – This Sound Is For The Underground

CLS – Can You Feel It

Aphex Twin – Windowlicker (Acid Edit)

B12 – Metropolis

8am – The Fog Track

808 State – Flow Coma

Friends of Michael – Out There

Bracket – Reunion One

AGT Rave Cru Bloc 2011 Promo Mix

Guest Beefuncle

I don't know who these "the aphex twin" guys are but Siriusmo's just been announced :yeah:

How quickly did BLOC sell out last year does anyone know?

Its a real hassle trying to get 5 other people to get money together for an apartment, i'm gonna have to start smackin' bitches up.

pretty sure it had sold out by Jan/Feb.

i'm gonna have to try and make arrangements to go, try and gather the troops together.

Guest Beefuncle

pretty sure it had sold out by Jan/Feb.

i'm gonna have to try and make arrangements to go, try and gather the troops together.

Fuck.

I need to get my shit together.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I think I bought tickets in Feb last year but I did it in a rush because I saw rooms start to disappear off the tickets page.

Just booked for my crew, rolling 10 deep this year. £1500!!!!

As for security I found it pretty relaxed, in the sense that you can get to your apartment without anyone checking anything. If you do most of your drugs there then theres no risk really. I was mostly trying to smuggle cans of beer in, never actually got searched. It's easy to get small amounts of drugs in even if you are searched, people just get lazy and then it gets found.

Cool. I've gotta kick some people up the arse so we can book. Lineup now =

Line-up /

Aphex Twin

Magnetic Man

LFO

Moderat

Four Tet

Vitalic

Speedy J

Dopplereffekt

Black Devil Disco Club

The Advent

Oscar Mulero

Billy Nasty

Union:

Magnetic Man

Beardyman

Claude Von Stroke

Toddla T

Drop The Lime

Union

Modeselektion:

Ben Klock

Modeselektor

Apparat

Ramadanman

Ikonika

Siriusmo

Subloaded:

Joy Orbison

Shackleton

Mala

Loefah

Pinch

Gemmy

Guido

DJ Pete

Untold

Overkill:

Venetian Snares

DJ Funk

King Midas Sound

Daedelus

Alva Noto

Jimmy Edgar

N>E>D

Mulletover:

Visionquest feat. Seth Troxler, Lee Curtiss and Shaun Reeves

dOP

Geddes

Numbers:

Jamie XX

Rustie

SBTRKT

Numbers DJ's

Mary Anne Hobbs Presents:

L-Vis 1990

Addison Groove

Roska

Al Tourettes

Mary Anne Hobbs

Resident Advisor:

Soul Clap

Floating Points

Will Saul

Space Dimension Controller

Outlook:

Gentlemen's Dub Club

Iration Steppaz

Redlight

Top Cat

Kenny Ken

Exodus

Bleep.com:

Very Special Guest TBA

Kyle Hall

Luke Abbot

Boxcutter

Plex:

Ancient Methods

Silent Servant

TVO

Datassette

Jamez

Strepsil

Luke Handsfree

James Tec

I Love Acid:

A Guy Called Gerald [’84-’88 Acid House Set]

Global Goon

Mark II [Altern-8]

B12

Posthuman

AGT Rave Cru

Placid

Bodyhammer:

Legowelt

Orgue Electronique

TLR

Emptyset

Joe Hart

Bodyhammer DJs

Get in there!!!

Christmas giveaway – win a 4 berth apartment to Bloc!

To celebrate the season of goodwill, the recent snowfall, the Chilean miners escaping, the doubling in population of endangered Rhinoceroses in the wild, Bloc’s recent lineup announcement with loads more techno and just about everything else that’s good and right in the world, Bloc is going to be raffling off a four-berther to one lucky competitor.

To enter, go to the Bloc fan page on facebook and follow the instructions. It’s dead easy.

ENTER HERE

The competition closes on 07/01/11, so head over there quickly to be in with a chance!

This looks epic, I might even go (if I can convince some of my chin-stroking elderly friends to join me).

Archived