IGNORED

shackleton

Guest fiznuthian

• 1 year later...

The new pinch fabriclive mix can currently be streamed from the fabric blog, looking forward to getting a copy of that to be honest.

I love the skull disco compilations, and the shackleton fabric mix is indeed very, very good. The opening track kicks off which such a high energy intent whilst remaining to be simple and subtle. "starting to come up....."; brilliant opening....

Guest nene multiple assgasms

he's one of my favorite artists in any genre or style. I love the morbid mood so much of his music has, how energetic yet relaxed it is. and he has some of the best basslines ever.

I am addicted to The Branch is Weak. I just pulled the cd out the sleeve now, and playing it now for the umpteenth time. This track is awesome on a big system.

I love the way it changes directly after the voice 'Only a fool would ignore this..' Really really goood

Some of his stuff I find boring tbh but the Skull Disco compilation Soundboys Gravestones Desecrated by Vandals is essential.

i fucking love Shackelton's music for the most part, i just think he has an unhealthy obsession with recognizable bongo drum samples. I understand they are popular in dance music right now, but i just dont understand it.

i just think he has an unhealthy obsession with recognizable bongo drum samples.

Sometimes it gets a bit much. I could be wrong but that Fabric cd seemed to be one long bongo love session to me. Seemed a teeny-weeny overkill

for me he gets really close to evoking the perfect tribal minimal electronic music sound. The intros are severely long and atmospheric, the bass is always sine wavish and not in your face. I just think other hand skin drum sounds would improve his overall sound. Its almost like these stoc k bongos in UK dance music culture are kind of an expected standby like a 909 hat or snare. In a way though bongo drums are probably the 'least offensive' kind of hand drum for people who cringe at anything remotely hippy or tribal. I dont know i just feel like his music reaches so close to an ideal that its frustrating.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

the bongos sound fine to me. I don't know why you'd get tired of hearing bongos any more than you would tire of hearing snares or hi-hats.

the bongos sound fine to me. I don't know why you'd get tired of hearing bongos any more than you would tire of hearing snares or hi-hats.

maybe you're misunderstanding me. Its not just bonogs it's the SAME bongo sample that he uses repeatedly that i've heard on many stock sampling libraries. There are hundreds of other bongo samples he could be using, but he chooses to use the same ones.

killa live segment, wait for 3:00

edit: also I really can't get over how ugly the kid at 0:45 is, anyone know what movie/whatever that's from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQQuEGKVHU0

Dunno, looks like some 70s public information video about kids glue sniffing / hyperventilating / whatever it is they are doing.

Sick tunes though, especially if you like bongo's :w00t:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grKn6X9dSq4

Fuuuuu, ive not been to fabric in ages....

maybe you're misunderstanding me. Its not just bonogs it's the SAME bongo sample that he uses repeatedly that i've heard on many stock sampling libraries. There are hundreds of other bongo samples he could be using, but he chooses to use the same ones.

I dont get the producers hatred of perfecting an electronic instrument sound and then composing with it. Classical composers didnt find the incessant need to develop an entirely new instrument every time they mastered the last one.

I understand its obviously a slightly different kettle of fish with classical, but still. I have no problem with shackleton continuing to make awesome, creepy, bassy as fuck music without deviating too much from the template hes mastered. Burial is about 16 billion times worse at it anyway and he gets his arse licked no end.

Edited by messiaen

killa live segment, wait for 3:00

edit: also I really can't get over how ugly the kid at 0:45 is, anyone know what movie/whatever that's from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQQuEGKVHU0

this is unreal... i'm not missing the next gig he does in dublin.

the Pinch & Shackleton LP is my favourite thing in the last while

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEx74W-nIJs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWcRPWn6MYI

Edited by Billov

• 2 weeks later...