IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

Guest disparaissant

tywin shows up in ep 07.

i thought he was really good. and he is actually english.

Wait, what? Episode 07? That hasn't aired yet, has it? Have these things been leaked?

yeah it was on HBOGo and there's a shitty webrip of it floating around. totally watchable but certainly not great looking.

Sure we are. We just call them CEO.

touche!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mirezzi

I'll wait. I already have a difficult time hearing the dialog through the shitty sound mix from DirecTV.

Guest Mirezzi

i hear its kinda an exposition-y episode anyway.

Bleh.

Every time the king is in a scene, I shudder. The same was true of the blonde arsehole until he got molten gold poured over him. He was very good in that scene. :spiteful:

I like Peter Dinklage and I think he's a perfect choice for Tyrion, but the accent thing absolutely ruins some of his best moments, including the trial in Episode 6.

lol i just said to pennywise over on minecraft server that the king is like a bargain basement brian blessed.

peter 'rent-a-dwarf' dinklage gets the best lines by faaaaaar.

Guest disparaissant

making the bald man cry, grooooan

lol

it does seem like they just sort of hired whoever was cheapest for the people who die early on (exception: seanbean.) which was prolly not a bad idea.

Guest Mirezzi

lol

it does seem like they just sort of hired whoever was cheapest for the people who die early on (exception: seanbean.) which was prolly not a bad idea.

Huh?

Sean Bean dies early on??? lol. If that's true, this show is going to suuuuuuck. There's simply not enough acting.

lol

Huh?

Sean Bean dies early on??? lol. If that's true, this show is going to suuuuuuck. There's simply not enough acting.

Yes he does.

Edit:

don't read spoilers if you don't want shit spoiled:

But so does the King, thank fuck.

Guest Mirezzi

Yes he does.

But so does the King, thank fuck.

Early on? I seriously don't see what would even be left of the show without Sean Bean. He's not even a particularly good actor, but jesus...who is left? That curly haired dude at the wall? His bastard? No thanks...lol.

i wish i hadn't fucking read that.

Same here. It's not just a "spoiler"...it's a lot worse than that. Fuck. :whistling:

Guest Mirezzi

Even worse...from what I'm reading, he doesn't fucking "die early on" either. Jesus...what a spoiler! I was just expecting to read something that's already happened in the available episodes.

Guest Mirezzi

oh boo hoo. it is a spoiler. read at your own risk.

This is the type of show you watch when there's absolutely fuck all on otherwise...so no, I'm not that bothered.

Still, so we're clear...he dies early on? Like soon? I just read some nerd site saying he dies at the end of the series. If that's true, it's expected. The entire premise of the show is campy revenge tragedy aka. Shakespeare for trailer parks.

This is the type of show you watch when there's absolutely fuck all on otherwise...so no, I'm not that bothered.

Still, so we're clear...he dies early on? Like soon? I just read some nerd site saying he dies at the end of the series. If that's true, it's expected. The entire premise of the show is campy revenge tragedy aka. Shakespeare for trailer parks.

Well. He "dies" later on, yes. But you will see it coming with the next episode.By the screen caps at least, and the fact that I've read the books and can see where it is going.

As far as all these deaths go, it is a relatively common occurrence in the series. Being a fan of campy fiction, as well as slightly more "mythological" fiction, it is a nice change, and part of why I like the series so much. Martin isn't afraid of fleshing out great characters, with all sorts of quirks and flaws, giving them great roles... and then just smashing in their faces or cutting off their heads. Too many writers in the fantasy genres create immortal characters that stick around for far too long. The bottom line is that certain people need to die.

Guest disparaissant

Well. He "dies" later on, yes. But you will see it coming with the next episode.By the screen caps at least, and the fact that I've read the books and can see where it is going.

As far as all these deaths go, it is a relatively common occurrence in the series. Being a fan of campy fiction, as well as slightly more "mythological" fiction, it is a nice change, and part of why I like the series so much. Martin isn't afraid of fleshing out great characters, with all sorts of quirks and flaws, giving them great roles... and then just smashing in their faces or cutting off their heads. Too many writers in the fantasy genres create immortal characters that stick around for far too long. The bottom line is that certain people need to die.

it's not much later on, and he's not gonna be in many scenes between the end of episode 7 and when the deed is done and all... unless they move a bunch of scenes to the dungeons har har

and i totally agree, i am not generally much of a fantasy fan (can count the number of fantasy novels/series i've read on one hand) but martin sucked me in because people started dropping like flies halfway through the first book haha.

Guest beatfanatic

i like how you are dissing the show but cant help but read about it on some "nerd forum"

Guest Mirezzi

i like how you are dissing the show but cant help but read about it on some "nerd forum"

As a recovering D&D addict from my early teen years, I reserve the right to make fun of nerds while simultaneously being one.

I'm just about at the point where I don't laugh out loud at the Americans and their god-fucking-awful Brit accents, but I still want to slap the shit out of the producers. Why not just allow them to speak with American accents? In what sci-fi fantasy nerd rule book was it decreed that all television and film dealing with medieval fantasy must be spoken with contemporary English accents? :whistling:

American accents sound shit. I am sorry, but it's true.

Whilst i agree with you in this context. I do think that given that the writer is american, then surely in his mind when working on the dialogue, there would have been a mixed bag of accents. Maybe it was all in twang. So i would have forgiven the producers. Although i do enjoy the irony of americans having to try to say their lines with an english patina. Given that the bulk of the time it's the other way around.

Also, if that spoiler about deaths is right. Well then you'll only be left with the annoying actors -sie-.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

fuck I was wondering how the end of ep. 7 was going to conclude in ep. 8.. now I'm even more curious and worried.

while that is kind of really disappointing and I like that character so much I think this show has a lot more going for it than you might imagine thus far. HBO is going to keep dumping more money into this, adding great talent and making it larger scale in all proportions I'm pretty confident

Archived