IGNORED

Star Trek Into Darkness

Rubin Farr

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As someone who has watched every series of star trek at least twice (well save for enterprise...that was the beginning of the end), I feel continually like this:

picard-facepalm.jpg?1240934151

in response to taking star trek and squeezing out everything I like about it (the classical sense of adventure, the reliance on dialogue, plot, character relationships...) and exchanging it for BOOOM PSSHSHH RKRKRKRKRHSHSHSHH SPLASH

I liked the first one! and I'm a pretty big Star Trek fan, love TOS and all the original films etc... quite excited about this but that poster is very very batman-esque which could be a very bad thing.

Did Batman ruin scifi action films for the next ten years? DKR was kind of meh for me personally, but I liked the Star Trek movie. It was nice to see something reasonable come out of the franchise.

The last Trek movie wasn't awful. It could have, should have, been much worse. Better than most of the post-Undiscovered Country films. Decent cast, showed genuine affinity for TOS. Plus, Nimoy's big fake teeth are cool.

But this... does not look promising. I'm getting ST:Nemesis vibes, dudes. Granted, it's just a fucking poster. The ST:2009 poster was fucking awful, too, come to think of it.

Edit: I didn't watch the trailer yet, derp.

trailer looks pretty interesting apart from i've never really liked the planet-based storylines in the series or films as much as the ones where they're just trekking about in the enterprise having space battles and inventing novel uses for the deflector-array and stuff.

Archived