IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got an e-mail calling for abstracts for the forthcoming book Game of Thrones and Philosophy :facepalm:

I get one of these every couple of months; it's a joke.

Edit: I don't mean like not-serious joke -- they're serious ... and that's a joke.

Guest analogue wings

SWORDS AND TITS

it's funny - 99% of the ppl I know that read this kind of pulp Mills & Boon + Dragons shit are slightly porky computer studies postgrad student type chicks.

Should be SWORDS AND DICKS to appeal to its base more

SWORDS AND TITS

it's funny - 99% of the ppl I know that read this kind of pulp Mills & Boon + Dragons shit are slightly porky computer studies postgrad student type chicks.

I only watched the first ep. and was hopeful .. skimmed through the second in about 15 secs. .. noticed that it was all drama and nothing much else (didn't have great scenes/battles/locations/travel ..you know, action(things happening/guy stuff). So i haven't continued grabbing. Couple of my friends that i mentioned it to are into it, and they're not fat nerdwomen. But they do have an higher tolerance for bullshit.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

oh shit spear through the leg

i kinda though the dragons were mythology. no-one alive had seen them and the skulls had gone somewhere.... but (apparently) they (the skulls) are in the dungeon meaning that they were real. cool

Guest Smuckers

each episode is getting more and more disappointing. when samwell went up to jon (on the wall) i thought i had missed out a entire episode, it was such an abrupt introduction. there's so much story missed out from the books (understandably, i know) that at times i'm lost, i'm surprised people know what the fuck is going on if they've not read them.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

it is hard-ish to follow, for better or worse it makes me want to rewatch the episodes so far and I'm sure I would have a better hold on everything. I really enjoy this show either way.

I really feel sorry for you, must suck to whine like a bitch in heat over 99% of everything you experience.

I really feel sorry for you, must suck to whine like a bitch in heat over 99% of everything you experience.

Silence, you unrefined oaf. Mirezzi is a delicate flower with such fine-tuned sensibilities that we would be lucky to share even a fraction of his impeccable taste for the arts. He must feel like an autistic kid in a room of full of kids running around screaming and banging on things when he comes to WATMM or examines any pop culture.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i dont find it confusing at all. maybe i dont understand everythign yet but i'm not lost in "whos that?" , "who?" terrority

Guest Recursive

At first this show can seem to be a bit confusing with the whole "wait, who is he? What is he lord of?" and so on... but it's all starting to fall into place. Sundays episode was awesome. Things are starting to heat up and shit hath hiteth the fan. Cant wait to see what happens next.

lawl, yeah I have been waiting for that for 5 episodes now? FINALLY get to witness a dude get shaved n blown. Can't seem to find teh ghey pron on the interwebs anywhere!!??

TOO MUCH DOGGYSTYLE!

Guest Mirezzi

Silence, you unrefined oaf. Mirezzi is a delicate flower with such fine-tuned sensibilities that we would be lucky to share even a fraction of his impeccable taste for the arts. He must feel like an autistic kid in a room of full of kids running around screaming and banging on things when he comes to WATMM or examines any pop culture.

This idea that I detest pop culture is 2005 era nonsense. While you sad, friendless fatties have been binging on red bulls and wanking to titties-n-dwarves, I've been devouring highbrow fare like...Millionaire Matchmaker, Top Chef Masters and Holmes on Homes.

Game of Thrones is the most embarrassing clusterfuck HBO has trotted out in many years. The art looks like Everquest, the writing sounds like Dungeons and Dragons Online, and I think you can find better acting on Role Playing servers in World of Warcraft.

I know nerd culture, but I'm still honest when steaming shit tries to pass itself off as dork bait.

But I think there's a lesson in this, after all. When the witless twat who goes by the name MAXIMUM MISCHIEF is coming to your defense, you might wanna move to a different corner of the sandbox.

Archived