IGNORED

Star Trek Into Darkness

Rubin Farr

utter bullshit, this isn't Star Trek anymore. it's become generic JJ Abrams sci-fi franchise full of plot holes. i'm really getting worried for Star Wars now.

Nah, those factors indicate that he might do a pretty good job with Star Wars. You have nothing to worry about.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

has anyone noticed that big budget movies are becoming more and more restrictive in their use of extras? I've been noticing that. Like you only end up really 'seeing' like ~6 people the whole movie. Everyone else is just sort of a footnote, unlike old star wars where you had like 40 ewoks to gawk at

has anyone noticed that big budget movies are becoming more and more restrictive in their use of extras? I've been noticing that. Like you only end up really 'seeing' like ~6 people the whole movie. Everyone else is just sort of a footnote, unlike old star wars where you had like 40 ewoks to gawk at

In LA (and other places I'm sure) there is an extras union. I have heard multiple director's talk about the logistical nightmares related to dealing with extras. For instance, if a director gives an extra direct, uh, direction then that extra gets elevated to the next pay bracket. Stuff like that.

I'm all for unions of course but I can see why directors would want to deal with as few extras as possible.

That's because most extras in films are probably digital extras, and aren't quite ready for scenes where they're front and centre.

What's that sorry? :cerious:

It's most likely because with costs that high you don't have much room to maneuvere and need to nail a scene fast.

Extras can often mess up a perfactly good take and cause time to be longer as a result.

The less people in shot the less chance of messing it up. :cisfor:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

I didnt really care for this. the impressions they do of the original actors/characters was novel for a few minutes of the first film but now it is just weird/annoying

i just didnt care at all. and does JJ really think lens flares are cool? he must!

there was quite a large plot hole in the whole..

needing khan's blood to save kirk thing - they had 72 other frozen "superhuman" members of khan's crew on board the enterprise already, so they could have just used one of those dude's blood instead

• 2 months later...

lol, voted worst Trek movie of all time, I would agree but it's still second to Star Trek 5, that's a stinker!

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/into-darkness-voted-worst-star-trek-film-by-trekkies-8763317.html

[youtubehd]6B22Uy7SBe4#t=79[/youtubehd]

needing khan's blood to save kirk thing - they had 72 other frozen "superhuman" members of khan's crew on board the enterprise already, so they could have just used one of those dude's blood instead

But that would have involved reviving another super soldier like Khan, and one was bad enough. That's how I took it at least.

lol, voted worst Trek movie of all time, I would agree but it's still second to Star Trek 5, that's a stinker!

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/into-darkness-voted-worst-star-trek-film-by-trekkies-8763317.html

[youtubehd]6B22Uy7SBe4#t=79[/youtubehd]

I enjoyed it. I'd watch this over any of the "classic" Trek movies, including any of the Next Generation ones.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

But, they didn't know the hundreds of years old technological sequence to open those popsicles up right?

hmmm, can't really remember now, been a while since i saw it. didn't the scientist woman know how to open them though?

Obviously... Khan couldn't have gotten out to begin with

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived