IGNORED

talk about a horrible film you've seen recently

holy

OMG GOD WHATEVER YOU DO DON"T SE OLDBOY!! DON"T SEE IT !!! I WANTED TO PLUCK MY EYES OUT AND STAB MY EARS MY GOD THAT MOVIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

OldBoy... sucked...

But I did enjoy Scott Pilgram Versus the World which is the most recent movie I've seen.

WAT?

You're a weirdo.

Something about a sick bastard who can't speak English reeking revenge because he can't keep his sick secrets secret by tricking his nemesis into having sex with his daughter didn't quite appeal to me.

Sorry if thats the norm for you but thats the kind of stuff I tend to avoid watching. Actually I tend to avoid watching everything... I was tricked into seeing OldBoy and forced to watch Scott Pilgram Versus the World. If I was told I had to see one of them again, I would definitely pick Scott Pilgram Versus the World.

i watch a lot (a lot) of movies, but i can't really recall any "horrible" movies i've seen in 2010, unless i saw postal this year, then that.

i don't get why people are always hating like crazy on all the big popular blockbuster movies, most of the time they atleast manage to entertain for a couple of hours, just

lower your expectations and download them instead of paying to see them in a theatre (unless you're almost sure you're gonna love it). i didn't care much for scott pilgrim for

example, but i don't hate it, i didn't think it was horrible. how can anyone really hate inception for example? fuckin' hell, it's a hollywood big budget production, that alone

should be reason enough to not put your expectations way up there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk

I thought Scott Pilgrim was decently entertaining stuff, then again I really like shaun of the dead and hot fuzz. Flashy empty entertainment is fine if you're in the mood for that sort of thing.

Guest Calx Sherbet

OMG GOD WHATEVER YOU DO DON"T SE OLDBOY!! DON"T SEE IT !!! I WANTED TO PLUCK MY EYES OUT AND STAB MY EARS MY GOD THAT MOVIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

OldBoy... sucked...

But I did enjoy Scott Pilgram Versus the World which is the most recent movie I've seen.

I just dont get this at all. I fucking love Oldboy. each to their own I suppose.

Like I said I'm not a movie person. Only movies I like watching are Comedies.

I didn't like Oldboy for the following reasons....

A. Frustrating.

B. The guy was doing so many stupid things, he was being a dumbass. I don't care how long you've been locked up commonsense does not go away.

C. If he really wanted to kill himself he could have suffocated himself. Come on doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that if cutting your wrists doesn't work try something else.

C. Disgusting.

D. He wasn't badass enough to redeem himself of all his pathetic actions.

E. Disgusting.

wow

Something about a sick bastard who can't speak English reeking revenge because he can't keep his sick secrets secret by tricking his nemesis into having sex with his daughter didn't quite appeal to me.

Sorry if thats the norm for you but thats the kind of stuff I tend to avoid watching

i really doubt it being "the norm" is the reason people like it. that's kind of a weird way to put it

OldBoy... sucked...

I just dont get this at all. I fucking love Oldboy. each to their own I suppose.

Like I said I'm not a movie person. Only movies I like watching are Comedies.

I didn't like Oldboy for the following reasons....

A. Frustrating.

B. The guy was doing so many stupid things, he was being a dumbass. I don't care how long you've been locked up commonsense does not go away.

C. If he really wanted to kill himself he could have suffocated himself. Come on doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that if cutting your wrists doesn't work try something else.

C. Disgusting.

D. He wasn't badass enough to redeem himself of all his pathetic actions.

E. Disgusting.

wow

Sorry if thats the norm for you but thats the kind of stuff I tend to avoid watching

i really doubt it being "the norm" is the reason people like it. that's kind of a weird way to put it

beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

OldBoy... sucked...

WAT?

You're a weirdo.

Sorry if thats the norm for you but thats the kind of stuff I tend to avoid watching. Actually I tend to avoid watching everything... I was tricked into seeing OldBoy and forced to watch Scott Pilgram Versus the World. If I was told I had to see one of them again, I would definitely pick Scott Pilgram Versus the World.

I havent seen Scott Pilgram. Looks like new age trollop though.

Oldboy is fucking entertainment.

I thought Scott Pilgrim was decently entertaining stuff, then again I really like shaun of the dead and hot fuzz. Flashy empty entertainment is fine if you're in the mood for that sort of thing.

Shaun of the dead and hot fuzz are great, entertaining films that I really like. I don't see at all how you can throw Scott Pilgrim in there :blink:

Shaun of the dead and hot fuzz are great, entertaining films that I really like. I don't see at all how you can throw Scott Pilgrim in there :blink:

Well I liked SPVTW because...

Its like the entirety of American youth culture crammed into a single package: It's about love, alienation, video games, comic books, chord-grinding indie/punk rock, texting, dead-end jobs and evil ex-boyfriends. And it shows a lot of what some of the youth goes through regarding relationships and technology. Plus other stuff too. Its a bit lame and I never wanted to see it, especially now since they are overusing that guy from superbad but in retrospect wasn't so bad.

And they way they put it all together/did it was pretty clever.

Guest underscore

same director

same director

:cisfor:

Reading this thread was fun. I have a friend with an obsessive personality that got way into Scott Pilgrim and I kept calling him a 'tard. He was becoming like one of those people that got depressed when they realized Pandora from Avatar will never exist.

Skyline - holy shit it was scarier than a real invasion. if you see this movie heading toward you, run the other way.

fo' realties yo!

Yeah, even though I agree with Data (there are no bad movies, only wrong expectations and moods), I have to say that Skyline was really not that great. It ended up being hilarious though because my friend and I starting guessing what was going to happen next and what they were going to say next. But seriously, it looked like the vfx guys had just gotten their fingers on Optical Flares for After Effects and then used it in every scene possible.

Archived