IGNORED

worst music-related buzzword

Guest tht tne

As someone witnessing daily the decline of dubstep as it becomes more agressive and has less and less bass, I'm really sick of the words "filthy" "dirty" and "disgusting" being used as positive adjectives to describe music. Also the implication that anything/anyone good is "killing" "murdering" or "slaying" the crowd/dancefloor.

"Yo, DJ Dubfilth absolutely murdered everyone last night with the most disgusting dubs I've ever heard."

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

dun remember if it was here or elsewhere but i do recall seeing a thread that was entirely really terrible comments from dubstep songs on youtube, stuff like "so dirty it got syphilis from your sister." class!

Guest tht tne

based is a lifestyle, tht ain't it

actually i ain't even mad that i'm not based, because i'm clinical... as in "yo bitch that choker is deeply clinical" or "this new tht! tne lp is clinical like a motherfucker!"

Guest disparaissant

dun remember if it was here or elsewhere but i do recall seeing a thread that was entirely really terrible comments from dubstep songs on youtube, stuff like "so dirty it got syphilis from your sister." class!

http://dubstepreactions.tumblr.com/

hahaha i don't think that was it, but yeah, that sort of thing. if i was anything more than a passing dubstep fan i'd probably be quite annoyed with that sort of thing by now.

Guest Beefuncle

indie

Word.

Indie should never have evolved into a genre (with a million sub-genres) from categorizing bands who were unsigned or on independent labels.

"-core" can be a helpful suffix, because, for instance, thrashcore is not the same as thrash, or metalcore and metal.

"-core" can be a helpful suffix, because, for instance, thrashcore is not the same as thrash, or metalcore and metal.

"-core" is only helpful if one is trying to discern the difference between stupid genres and their really stupid offshoots

Guest Calx Sherbet

Ambient when used to describe music with beats in it.

i think it should just draw a line at a certain point...like it has to be REALLY subtle

Guest Beefuncle

dubstep

dubstep

was going to say exactly that

DUBSTEP

DUBSTEP!!!! AAARRRGGHHH!!!!! :aphexsign:

I think this thread has had enough dubstep bashing :biggrin:

It's not really a buzzword anyway it's just a genre that's far too hyped at the moment. Yeah its probably getting too much publicity but the same could be said for any genre when it first started to take off, it just depends on whether your a fan of the genre or not.

Now lets all hold hands and listen to kode9 and the spaceape :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk2QyaK7-Ww

Archived