IGNORED

California wants to ban parties.

Hoodie

Guest tht tne

i got to church early sunday night and the church is in a neighborhood, well, some mexicans next door were playing loud music and having a bonfire and i pwned them

relax, sounds very similar to the Criminal Justice Bill which was brought in in the UK in the early nineties - was meant (in part) to rid us of the scourge of "rave parties" - had stipulations in it along the lines of no more than 20 people can gather in one place and listen to repetetive music (or something like that, have to look it up...).

anyway, people were very pissed off and thought it would mean you can't hold raves anymore, but it turned out nothing much changed at all and people still threw illegal warehouse parties and stuff. sadly, the scene had already peaked and was in decline when the bill was enacted anyway...

ravers.jpg

how can you dance in those things ?? Is it like some sort of rave based strength training or something. Maybe they need the extra power to fight the big boss that is menacing the villagers.

[attachment: pshop of raver ducking down with footout overlayed on scene from late seventies HK kung fu flik

relax, sounds very similar to the Criminal Justice Bill which was brought in in the UK in the early nineties - was meant (in part) to rid us of the scourge of "rave parties" - had stipulations in it along the lines of no more than 20 people can gather in one place and listen to repetetive music (or something like that, have to look it up...).

anyway, people were very pissed off and thought it would mean you can't hold raves anymore, but it turned out nothing much changed at all and people still threw illegal warehouse parties and stuff. sadly, the scene had already peaked and was in decline when the bill was enacted anyway...

the party scene is growing and growing with an absolutely beautiful attitude, atmosphere and intent from where im sitting.

my mates club night a got a beaut of a pr boost with this story about us putting some tunes on under central station in glasgow.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/editor-s-picks/probe-call-as-ravers-take-to-street-for-illegal-party-1.1074407

2752938433.jpg

ravers.jpg

looks someone did paste these 5 bros a bro fist :cool:

candy ravers were part of the reason for me not going to raves anymore... that and mexicans! and the candy raver mexicans... horrible!

Warning. 'Lost' and 'Djarum' contain repetitive beats. We advise you not to play these tracks if the Criminal Justice Bill becomes law. 'Flutter' has been programmed in such a way that no bars contain identical beats and can therefore be played under the proposed new law. However, we advise DJs to have a lawyer and a musicologist present at all times to confirm the non repetitive nature of the music in the event of police harassment.

Warning. 'Lost' and 'Djarum' contain repetitive beats. We advise you not to play these tracks if the Criminal Justice Bill becomes law. 'Flutter' has been programmed in such a way that no bars contain identical beats and can therefore be played under the proposed new law. However, we advise DJs to have a lawyer and a musicologist present at all times to confirm the non repetitive nature of the music in the event of police harassment.

best warning evar

I saw that CD like a month ago in a record store, and thought it was interesting, so I bought it...even though I had no idea what they were talking about. I get it now.

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:

SECTION 1. This act shall be known and may be cited as the

Anti-Raves Act of 2011.

SEC. 2. Section 421 is added to the Penal Code, to read:

421. (a) Any person who conducts a public event at night that

includes prerecorded music and lasts more than three and one-half

hours is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of ten thousand

dollars ($10,000) or twice the actual or estimated gross receipts

for the event, whichever is greater.

(b) Subdivision (a) shall not apply to a public event on private

property if the entity that conducts the public event has a business

license to operate a bar, club, theater, entertainment venue, or

other similar business, or to conduct sporting events, and conducting

the public event is consistent with the business license.

© For purposes of this section, "night" means that period

between sunset and sunrise.

SEC. 3. No reimbursement is required by this act pursuant to

Section 6 of Article XIII B of the California Constitution because

the only costs that may be incurred by a local agency or school

district will be incurred because this act creates a new crime or

infraction, eliminates a crime or infraction, or changes the penalty

for a crime or infraction, within the meaning of Section 17556 of the

Government Code, or changes the definition of a crime within the

meaning of Section 6 of Article XIII B of the California Constitution.

notice how this means any public event that includes music and takes place on private property is illegal. like, say, regular old parties that you throw with your friends and post as a facebook event to make it "public." yup, illegal.

i don't live in california and i have heard that this legislation isn't super popular, but it still pisses me off that it's being proposed at all. the law will do nothing if passed (we can see how well legislation like this worked in the uk with the criminal justice bill). the real raves will be underground, like usual, and this will only give police an even better excuse to bust up private parties. for example, look at what i found on the wiki page for the criminal justice bill:

In 2009, Section 63 of the Act was used by police to shut down a birthday barbecue held on legal property for 15 people. Link.

REALLY EFFECTIVE GUYS :facepalm:

On this occasion, we were extremely concerned how the event had been advertised on the internet as an all-night party and it was therefore necessary to take the appropriate steps.

"Had it gone ahead, it is likely that far more of our resources would have been used to police the event and there would have been considerable disruption to neighbouring properties.

that's such bullshit..

Archived