IGNORED

Bibio - Mind Bokeh

Guest viscosity

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's not afraid to bring the funk, or the occasional cheese but hey we all need a little bit of cheese in our sterile, nerdy world of IDM.

I dig it. This is the type of album that you "dig".

Guest ruiagnelo

wish i didn't have to, but i always skip take off your shirt.

the album is incredibly good tho. i have a soft spot for feminine eye. it is so sweet

A few good tracks but this is Bibio's weakest by far in my opinion. This is the first release he's put out that I haven't been totally gaga over, perhaps it will grow on me.

Guest Enter a new display name

I really feel strange about myself but i'm totally in love with 'take off your shirt'. I usually hate rock/indie or whatever it is.

Same. I feel like we are one of the few people who truly enjoy this album, despite my hating attitude towards WATMM's hyped artists.

I haven't heard it all the way through properly yet, but I've heard each track individually and I'm really liking it so far! I loved Ambivalence Ave. and this seems to pick off right where that left off... songs are initially catchy, but at the same time I can hear all kinds of depth that will come to the surface after more listens.

Excited about this release :)

Guest AcrossCanyons

I really feel strange about myself but i'm totally in love with 'take off your shirt'. I usually hate rock/indie or whatever it is.

Take Off Your Shirt rules, I totally agree. Mind Bokeh will definitely find itself in my top 10 of the year, I feels it.

Guest Lucy Faringold

Having had this on promo for about a month I'm pleased to report that this album will really sink its hooks in with repeat listens. Bibio knows about craftsmanship. :smile:

Guest have lost touch

Fully agree Lucy - definitely a grower that gets better. But on that first listen I really love how each track has you on your toes for what will come next. He's got a great command of circumventing expectation.

Hi. I'm new here, but look forward to hearing this album.

I thought Ambivalence Ave was interesting to say the least, and it got an awful lot of play in this house.

This might be a werid/stupid question.

But i remember when i heard some previews of this album, a long time ago.. I heard a track with a jazz horn in the chorus (something like that)

Anyone who heard the leak, who might know what song i'm talking about?

Archived