IGNORED

Jeff Mills

magdog

i don't know whats so great about it. yeah he can work the 909 ...but it gets boring fast.

add some other shit to the mix. more intrested in ceephax 909 workout with all the other crap synced up :)

i don't know whats so great about it. yeah he can work the 909 ...but it gets boring fast.

add some other shit to the mix. more intrested in ceephax 909 workout with all the other crap synced up :)

agree, needs some more stuff going on than just a 909 imo

i dunno if it was him but i was watching an interview..was it the modulations doc? the detroit guy had his head so far up his ass. really turned me off. really, which doc it was doesn't matter. these guys are so purist (detroit techno producers) they have no respect for other genres of electronic music.

i dunno if it was him but i was watching an interview..was it the modulations doc? the detroit guy had his head so far up his ass. really turned me off. really, which doc it was doesn't matter. these guys are so purist (detroit techno producers) they have no respect for other genres of electronic music.

Is it the one who talked shit about IDM? calling it fluffy electronic music. Dunno if that was Jeff Mills, i don't think so.

Is it the one who talked shit about IDM? calling it fluffy electronic music. Dunno if that was Jeff Mills, i don't think so.

could have been that one.

Mad Mike and other UR guys talk a lot of shit like what you're describing and that's annoying at times. Jeff Mills stays pretty quiet afaik. I've only seen a few interviews with him and one time, the airline had lost his records and he was freaking out. I felt badly for him because it's not like Jeff spins records you can get at any record store. He has exclusive one-offs, dubplates, acetates etc. that no one in the world except the producer has.

Whenever I trainspot his mixes and try to find the original copies, it's a motherfucker...and he drops 40-70 tracks in his mixes :wacko:

The trouble with Jeff is that his concepts and visions sometimes jump ahead of the quality of his music. Like "The Drummer" series. He did that based on drummers and track names are like "Bonham", "Roach", etc. I nearly jumped out of my seat when I saw that come out but all the tracks are pretty much the same techno he's been doing since the 90's so I passed. He also puts the Axis Records logo on literally anything and that gets funny e.g.

AxisMug.jpg

+ tire lug wrenches, helmets and leather journals but I can't find pics of those :lol:

Yeah, "The Drummer" should of been a bit more interesting... still, at the end of the day it's an interesting DJ tool, and to be fair it's interesting to hear what Jeff gets up to with the 808 for a change. Agreed about the Axis logo shit, that's just a bit silly. Axis wrench set?!

Looking forwards to seeing him super smash it at Bangface in a few months! Anyone seen him lately? Not expecting him to play the Liquid Room set in full, but would be nice to have an inkling as to what it will be like.

Archived