IGNORED

There's just something about a Digipak case.

eh Speedy

There's just something about them I love. Maybe it's that you're committed to it, like you can't just break it and have it be cool like a jewel case where you just throw the broken part away and get another. You really have to take care of it, and not spill anything on it. It's kinda like a nice comic book or something, like the cardboard or paper yellows over the years and it becomes like an artifact in your library. Gotta love those four fun little finger scoops for the disc. Plus there is such a variety of ways to set one up - double or triple trays, so many foldouts you can't count :wub:

Guest Sprigg

I was trying to explain this to one of my friends the other day. I like having so much artwork! I get the booklet, plus the case. It feels much more... idunno, intimate maybe?... Than a jewel case. I'm almost to the point where I wont buy a release if it comes in a jewel case and not a digipack.

digipacks are pieces of shit, i can't stand them.. they're like shit wannabe versions of proper 12" foldout sleeves and break/tear if you even look at them wrong. eh, i don't buy cds anyway, whatever.

Guest Coalbucket PI

digipacks are pieces of shit, i can't stand them.. they're like shit wannabe versions of proper 12" foldout sleeves and break/tear if you even look at them wrong. eh, i don't buy cds anyway, whatever.

I agree with this

It is pretty shit if the CD tray teeth break out cause then you're stuck with it, but they still seem so much better than card sleeve slip-in type case cause those can scratch your discs up. Digipaks are all widescreen unlike jewel case and card sleeves' standard square album cover, so on a CD release you may get to see more of the cover art than if you bought just the LP.

It's kinda like a nice comic book or something, like the cardboard or paper yellows over the years and it becomes like an artifact in your library.

That's kinda how I saw it too. Then my cat puked on three different ones at once.

Apart from that, I hate it when the cardboard gets weary and you can fold it slightly to the side so the upper and lower parts are shifted. :angry:

Guest couch

Digipacks are cool at first but you can't handle them too much or they start to fall apart. My NIN The Fragile case is a disaster, probably one of the older ones I have. It looks like shit. Jewel cases bug me too because they always break in shipping. At least there's the option to put all the art and display stuff into a new jewel case.

agreed re: fuck cds in general, but digipaks are basically a fuck you to anybody who wants to bring the cd anywhere.

entirely handmade / card cases > digipacks imo

we're using the digipak model as well. I personally love them myself.

I wanted to use the template you gave me modey, but it would've taken too much time by hand and the cost was a little too much to print and die cut since it was a limited run.

I have an idea for a CD insert design that has a gloss stock cover, a smaller matte stock CD instert inside of glossy with the glossy having a die cut design on the cover. and 4 design cards that also go inside... but the cost will probably make that project a super limited edition. But that's not planned until next year, so we'll see how things are and continue with it if the price is right.

btw... what are you guys doing to the digipaks that are destroying them? All mine from through out the years are still intact! My wife on the other hand. All her NINs are destroyed, but that's because she has them in the car, spills coffee on them, and lets our kids play with them and rip them. My kids are not allowed in my office where the CDs, Records, and Tapes dwell.

Guest couch

btw... what are you guys doing to the digipaks that are destroying them? All mine from through out the years are still intact! My wife on the other hand. All her NINs are destroyed, but that's because she has them in the car, spills coffee on them, and lets our kids play with them and rip them. My kids are not allowed in my office where the CDs, Records, and Tapes dwell.

Having them in my old car. I would pick 4-5 albums to listen to during my commute each week. Do not like having CD wallets in there 'cause it will get stolen (not making that mistake twice).

Now I just use my mp3 player, it's nice.

Who steals CDs now though? And who would steal these kind of CDs? I never worry about my Japanese Plaid soundtrack CDs getting stolen. I love how no body wants this stuff. I love loving stuff that no one wants.

when i lived in pasadena, my wife's car got broken into and all that was taken were the cds. funny how we lived in seedy part of riverside before that and it never happened. but once we moved to south pasadena, we get our cds stolen from the car and my bike taken from the patio... I'm still not over that bike being stolen.

LOL, nobody wants to steal junk from crappy neighborhoods. They go to the good neighborhoods to get good stuff. I to never had anything stolen when i lived in the ghetto and had a ghetto looking house.

Who steals CDs now though? And who would steal these kind of CDs? I never worry about my Japanese Plaid soundtrack CDs getting stolen. I love how no body wants this stuff. I love loving stuff that no one wants.

Definitely this.

Btw, Digipaks slowly grew on me. At first, I was like : "go away you digipak !" but now I'm more like : "don't you wanna stay longer, baby ?". Of course they're fragile objects and god I HATE when the upper cover opens itself alone. They often miss a booklet too imo.

But I love jewel cases, and I love even more SUPER JEWEL CASES (which are, wow).

Archived