IGNORED

Reccomend me a recent(ish) good/weird PC game

Brandi_B

I'm "katiek" on steam.

I'm also not as good as I originally thought. Aiming and killing people is a LOT more precise than the original TF. It's still fun though. I keep coming across games that are defense (red) or offense (blue), I much prefer capture the flag where both team are trying to win, the idea of defending bores me, and the other team gets to set up so many defenses and sentry's it's not very fun just trying to blow up machines.

there are some servers that run only CTF maps, try to stick to those? you'll see what maps they run by their prefix ctf_

also, this may be of some use to you TF2 official wiki

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm "katiek" on steam.

I'm also not as good as I originally thought. Aiming and killing people is a LOT more precise than the original TF. It's still fun though. I keep coming across games that are defense (red) or offense (blue), I much prefer capture the flag where both team are trying to win, the idea of defending bores me, and the other team gets to set up so many defenses and sentry's it's not very fun just trying to blow up machines.

there are some servers that run only CTF maps, try to stick to those? you'll see what maps they run by their prefix ctf_

also, this may be of some use to you TF2 official wiki

werrrrd.....:beer:

The Myst games made me feel like I was mentally feeble, so I didn't care for them too much... It didn't help that the story was weak. No real reason to persevere.

Yeah they are all about the puzzles you encounter, not the story at all really. =D

WELL THE PUZZLES WERE TOO HARD, and as a consequence, not fun. I much preferred "The Longest Journey". Great point n click adventure, with puzzles and all that, but with a story that I haven't seen matched in a video game.

Yeah there were some puzzles in Riven that made me want to do throw my computer out the window. Somehow I prevailed but I'd be lying if I didn't say I acquired my Dad's help on some of them (he's the one that got me into myst).

Yeah there were some puzzles in Riven that made me want to do throw my computer out the window. Somehow I prevailed but I'd be lying if I didn't say I acquired my Dad's help on some of them (he's the one that got me into myst).

I never beat the Topographic Map thing puzzle. I had pages of notes, but I could not beat it.

The Myst games made me feel like I was mentally feeble, so I didn't care for them too much... It didn't help that the story was weak. No real reason to persevere.

Yeah they are all about the puzzles you encounter, not the story at all really. =D

BUT THE STORY AND UNIVERSE ARE AWESOME IF YOU READ THE BOOKS. Myst: The Book of Atrus is one of my favorite books.

And ditto about the dad thing. Myst was a bonding experience for us when I was a kid.

BUT THE STORY AND UNIVERSE ARE AWESOME IF YOU READ THE BOOKS. Myst: The Book of Atrus is one of my favorite books.

And ditto about the dad thing. Myst was a bonding experience for us when I was a kid.

You shouldn't have to read the books to get into the game though........

That's true. I dunno though. I never had any trouble getting into them. They were hard, and the story surrounding your character wasn't too great, but the world was badass enough to make up for it IMO.

I'm too stupid and stubborn to be convinced. I tried to play Riven last year and gave up after 30 minutes. I love low key adventure games, but I liked to be grabbed by SOMETHING. The lush environments in the Myst series wasn't enough for me.

It's not a PC game but might I add that absolutely everyone should play this at some point:

Shadow-of-the-Colossus-ICO-2__9933529_0.jpg

+1,000,000

God yes. This game is a brilliant work of art.

HOW UNDERSTAND HARRY POTTER MOVIES IF NOT BOOK OF READINGS

:wtf: <3

It's not a PC game but might I add that absolutely everyone should play this at some point:

Shadow-of-the-Colossus-ICO-2__9933529_0.jpg

+1,000,000

God yes. This game is a brilliant work of art.

Never played myself, but watched my friend play it a lot, cool game.

Play the Quest for Glory VGA remakes.

?

*googles*

Any wattemers out there playing TF2 that wanna get together? I want to say there was a thread about it *looks at search box*

i'm a regular on TF2

add me on steam if you like

I'd love to. I need a break from Minecraft. Add me.

I'm gonna add both of you. Or both of you could add me, either way. My steam name is Thug Lyfe.

THOG LOIIIIFEEEE

Archived