IGNORED

Portal 2

ghOsty

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest drukqs

Does the E for everyone rating mean that there won't be any blood splatters if you get shot by a turret? if so, that's lame...

That's quite a bizarre criterion in which to judge a game !

The game is gonna be awesome and a masterpiece, it's the absence of blood what's lame.

jesus wtf why? does a bias toward the R part of RGB magically make a game fucking better?

i do not understand

Eh, I don't care about the blood as I do the fact that I'm probably going to be playing a bunch of kids when I'm trying to do Co-Op. I didn't know it was only Co-op that had the E rating, though. I thought it was the single player. The problem with an E rating is that game designers have to be much more hesitant with the darkness of the storyline and how violent they can make the game (like the neurotoxin and acid pools). The games usually take a turn for the worst when companies try to expand for a larger audience. Imagine if Half Life 2 had an E rating, or a T rating, to be more realistic. It just wouldn't be the same.

But it's good to hear that it's just the Co Op that has an E rating, I suppose.

well, i guess the only thing excluding the original from a similar rating was the blood. i mean, there's nothing in there preventing something from having a dark-ass plot, within reason.

Guest drukqs

well, i guess the only thing excluding the original from a similar rating was the blood. i mean, there's nothing in there preventing something from having a dark-ass plot, within reason.

I don't know, you kill the companion cube (could cause emotional damage to kids, you never know), you get shot with bullets and missiles, you find all the insane etchings in the secret rooms, glados tries to incinerate and kill you with neurotoxin gas. All parts of the plot. You'd get some serious complaints from parents if that was rated E. They'd let it all slide if it was T, and you were just a robot, no real plot difference there, but if it was E, major changes would have to be made.

Then again, wasn't Earthbound rated E? I'm probably wrong then, hahaha. The final boss was beyond fucked up. I think Ocarina of Time was E too, and that got pretty fucking dark. Then again, parents aren't as liberal about video games today.

Guest Gravity

I don't think Valve would change their vision just for an ESRB rating. Maybe the ESRB is just being a bit more lenient?

I don't know, you kill the companion cube (could cause emotional damage to kids, you never know), you get shot with bullets and missiles, you find all the insane etchings in the secret rooms, glados tries to incinerate and kill you with neurotoxin gas. All parts of the plot. You'd get some serious complaints from parents if that was rated E. They'd let it all slide if it was T, and you were just a robot, no real plot difference there, but if it was E, major changes would have to be made.

Then again, wasn't Earthbound rated E? I'm probably wrong then, hahaha. The final boss was beyond fucked up. I think Ocarina of Time was E too, and that got pretty fucking dark. Then again, parents aren't as liberal about video games today.

if you get in the way of the turrets, you leave blood all over the fucking place in the original, all over those lovely clean tiles.

I don't think Valve would change their vision just for an ESRB rating. Maybe the ESRB is just being a bit more lenient?

or maybe a game like this doesn't need blood/gore? i don't get why people are so fixated on this, lol. i've never played a valve game that wasn't amazing!

i've never played a valve game that wasn't amazing!

damn fucking straight. i actually think outside of mojang/minecraft they're the only software house i trust.

factoid: valve actually tried to hire notch

he responded with "i don't want to work for valve; i want to be valve."

Guest Gravity

or maybe a game like this doesn't need blood/gore? i don't get why people are so fixated on this, lol. i've never played a valve game that wasn't amazing!

Exactly. If Valve envisioned the game to have blood/gore, it would have been rated appropriately. I'm starting to get really hyped for this now... we know so little about the single player game. So many surprises are in store.

Anyone else expecting a tease of Episode 3 at the end of the game?

Guest drukqs

Anyone else expecting a tease of Episode 3 at the end of the game?

No. And you shouldn't either. We all know we shouldn't get our hopes up for Valve. Just let them do what they will. No use in getting worked up for something that probably won't happen.

If it's only the co-op that's rated E it may be because in co-op you play as robots (which have no blood). In single player you are still Chell, the bots still fire missles and bullets at you, there's also now huge laser beams and spike panels... I'm guessing those beloved little globs of blood will still be there. I also recall in the first game near the end when you strayed into certain sections behind the actual walls of the room there were messages written in blood. I'm sure the second will continue to have things like that. Also I trust Valve knows exactly wtf they're doing, after all they're Valve and havent really ever disappointed.

If it's only the co-op that's rated E it may be because in co-op you play as robots (which have no blood). In single player you are still Chell, the bots still fire missles and bullets at you, there's also now huge laser beams and spike panels... I'm guessing those beloved little globs of blood will still be there. I also recall in the first game near the end when you strayed into certain sections behind the actual walls of the room there were messages written in blood. I'm sure the second will continue to have things like that. Also I trust Valve knows exactly wtf they're doing, after all they're Valve and havent really ever disappointed.

Left 4 Dead 2.

I fucking love Valve. No game has ever come close to being as good HL2 + episodes. They are pretty much like gods(lol, phanboi comment)

But i really didn't like L4D2, thought it was terrible. can't believe that Valve actually made that game.

Guest drukqs

Left 4 Dead 2.

I fucking love Valve. No game has ever come close to being as good HL2 + episodes. They are pretty much like gods(lol, phanboi comment)

But i really didn't like L4D2, thought it was terrible. can't believe that Valve actually made that game.

They pretty much did it for the money. I can't blame them. They've made enough good games to balance it out.

Guest drukqs

left 4 dead 2 is a great fucking game, not a thing wrong with it.

I think it would have been better for them to have just released expansion packs for the original. The graphics didn't need to be updated. They could have done all the things they did with L4D2 with L4D. They didn't need the new characters (don't even get me started, they were annoying as fuck).

they added enough to warrant a sequel imo.

it was a new story , a new part of the world, new characters, new weapons, new special infected that changed the gameplay and strategy a lot. these things couldnt have been done with a simple DLC update

rochelle was pretty annoying though ill give you that

lol new story, what story?

The characters was dull as fuck.

The setting was boring and forgettable.

The gunplay feelt outdated.

I liked the new weapons and the new special infected, but other than that, it was just a poor effort by Valve.

That's my opinion, sorry to be a hata.

About that E rating again - I don't know how it's done at ESRB but the USK who does the ratings in Germany can be very random. It's a committee of five or six people who have to decide about it, and it's very much down to the people involved and whether they've had a shitty day or whether they just got a surprise blow job from their hot neighbour. I think Dead Space was released completely uncut in Germany while other, much less violent games were getting censored for god knows what reason.

Chances are, the people who rated the game found it was a nice change from the usual zombie splatter themed games they get to rate, dug the humor or just found the little Cockney robot adorable, so they went "aww, well yeah it's a little violent here and there but it's not that bad, kids could play this too, let's say it's for everyone!"

Archived