IGNORED

Britney Spears - Hold it Against me

Brandi_B

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lube Saibot

In all my days of internets surfing, I don't think I have seen a more devastating rebuttal.

Goddamn.

:ok:

I'm really loath to be, for a second time, the troll in a Britney thread, but seriously wtf is this shit people, i listen to frivolous dumb shit too (lil wayne being chief) but has everybody lost their minds?!?!

Britney ("brit-brit" :wtf:) has "awesome production", like that's not the most redundant thing to say about a pop album produced by 25 people with 100 years of combined studio experience (who nonetheless produce an instrumental of the same quality to a 2000$ beat for Rebbecca Black).

Skrillex is the "leading light" all of a sudden, when all of his shit is written by other dudes, and even if it hadn't, it would be completely derivative of those dudes, so HOW THE FUCK IS HE ANYTHING NEW/GOOD? simply the ultimate summary regurgitation of all the worst trends of dubstep/house ever.

what_the_fuck_is_this_shit_Meme_base_6-s259x194-147643-535.jpg

By no means am i a dubstep purist. I wasn't on board from the beginning of the genre, and I've enjoyed one or two tracks from Borgore in 2009. I have nothing against the "brostep" sound, at least in principle. It serves its purpose, and in some specific conditions i may be even tempted to spin some of that shit (usually when the crowd height averages somewhere around my chest). So by all means, if you're young, dumb and full of cum, and not a jaded fuck like me, enjoy your Skrillex. At least don't act matter-of-factish about it, you know you're a fucking cheezehead, enjoy it while you can, before that time of your life when having 666 in your tagline starts feeling silly. Not judging, i was "lebadu666" in 8th grade, some people just need to get teen shit out of their system more. :happy:

But talking brostep, if there ever was some brostep to end all brostep, it's this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Waqn0jBG58

Fuck Skrillex, fuck Britney.

Guest thepilot

I'd rather listen to the femme fatale record all day than emo/indie rock and roll guitar songs. without question.

i just thought it sounded good because it's melodic. i'm a sucker for a nice melody in electronic music. and too much dubstep is just really minimal in that department. which is why i like stuff like rustie, because he blends that hyperactive chiptune melodic style with dubsteppy rhythms.

i didn't actually know of skrillex until he was mentioned in this thread!

Guest Lube Saibot

i just thought it sounded good because it's melodic. i'm a sucker for a nice melody in electronic music. and too much dubstep is just really minimal in that department. which is why i like stuff like rustie, because he blends that hyperactive chiptune melodic style with dubsteppy rhythms.

comparing skrillex to rustie is almost quite literally like comparing emo-pop to prog-rock because they're both "melodic". from what i remember you make music dude, what is with this rampant musical obliviousness on your part (in this particular case at list, not making broad statements)??!?!?!?

what is with this rampant musical obliviousness on your part (in this particular case at list, not making broad statements)??!?!?!?

i just don't discriminate based on popularity. also i don't really follow dubstep or other modern dance music besides surfacing every now and then to listen to what catches my interest.

it's interesting that a lot of electronic music fans on this forum have almost a double standard when appreciating or criticizing trite over produced shit

for instance look at how much acceptance/love/ or even 'its passable' style comments were made in the BT thread, next to zero.

compare it to this Britney spears thread. IT's almost as if people give pure profit motive music that is designed to titillate 10-13 year olds a much bigger free pass in the 'oh this has slick production ' department, than probably the most best selling 'electronic' musician.

while i think they are both horrible, i just find it interesting the way certain people REALLY bash the turd sandwich, but heap praise on the giant douche

edit: i think a lot of people really do get resonated by awful mainstream pop music and can't just openly admit 'yeah i really do love this, so fucking what?' instead its always 'well but this does have really crazy complex production i mean did you hear that 10 million dollar snare rush' ?

edit2: it's like saying 'i don't normally like extremely derivative dishwashing TV shows, but GLee does have extremely good writing'

it's interesting that a lot of electronic music fans on this forum have almost a double standard when appreciating or criticizing trite over produced shit

for instance look at how much acceptance/love/ or even 'its passable' style comments were made in the BT thread, next to zero.

compare it to this Britney spears thread. IT's almost as if people give pure profit motive music that is designed to titillate 10-13 year olds a much bigger free pass in the 'oh this has slick production ' department, than probably the most best selling 'electronic' musician.

while i think they are both horrible, i just find it interesting the way certain people REALLY bash the turd sandwich, but heap praise on the giant douche

edit: i think a lot of people really do get resonated by awful mainstream pop music and can't just openly admit 'yeah i really do love this, so fucking what?' instead its always 'well but this does have really crazy complex production i mean did you hear that 10 million dollar snare rush' ?

well i take it on a case by case basis. most stuff i heard from BT is pretty boring imo. then again i haven't heard a lot. i just have been getting into super melodic and vocal based electronic music lately.

and i'm not afraid of admitting that i genuinely like some recent pop music. it's getting pretty rare, what with fucking annoying shit like lady gaga and katy perry, but every now and then something pretty cool comes out.

Guest analogue wings

CrazyShockedHippie.gif

Guest analogue wings

I'm still waiting for the day when a mainstream but 'cool' popstar does something really tasteful and sing over one of Suicide's tracks

joke?

I'm still waiting for the day when a mainstream but 'cool' popstar does something really tasteful and sing over one of Suicide's tracks

joke?

mia_born_free.jpg

comparing skrillex to rustie is almost quite literally like comparing emo-pop to prog-rock because they're both "melodic". from what i remember you make music dude, what is with this rampant musical obliviousness on your part (in this particular case at list, not making broad statements)??!?!?!?

lolz, +2 Luke Saibot

it's interesting that a lot of electronic music fans on this forum have almost a double standard when appreciating or criticizing trite over produced shitfor instance look at how much acceptance/love/ or even 'its passable' style comments were made in the BT thread, next to zero.compare it to this Britney spears thread. IT's almost as if people give pure profit motive music that is designed to titillate 10-13 year olds a much bigger free pass in the 'oh this has slick production ' department, than probably the most best selling 'electronic' musician.while i think they are both horrible, i just find it interesting the way certain people REALLY bash the turd sandwich, but heap praise on the giant doucheedit: i think a lot of people really do get resonated by awful mainstream pop music and can't just openly admit 'yeah i really do love this, so fucking what?' instead its always 'well but this does have really crazy complex production i mean did you hear that 10 million dollar snare rush' ?
well i take it on a case by case basis. most stuff i heard from BT is pretty boring imo. then again i haven't heard a lot. i just have been getting into super melodic and vocal based electronic music lately. and i'm not afraid of admitting that i genuinely like some recent pop music. it's getting pretty rare, what with fucking annoying shit like lady gaga and katy perry, but every now and then something pretty cool comes out.

Well said, both of you.

I'm sure I'm guilty of this and I'm trying to sort it out too. Focusing on the examples mentioned, I feel the same way about BT as I do about Skrillex, I don't listen to it out of personal taste, and I don't judge people who truly enjoy their respective music, but I won't hold my tongue about it, especially when they don't know of many other electronic artists.

The whole turd sandwich versus giant douche is the liveblood of youtube comments and a lot of mindless discussion in general. Arguably it's reached that point in this thread. I'm on the same page as you regarding Lady Gaga for instance, I hate the production on "poker face" but think "want your love" is quite good. Or Glee - I was literally at a party once where this dude ripped on someone for liking that show but then went on to say that "The O.C." was awesome. Fuck that. He had no reason, just opinion and some implied standard of liking things based on how ironic it was.

In summary - there's no right or wrong to enjoying something, and if you can't stand it, provide a reason. Eh? :shrug:

i guess i'm not very good at getting my point across huh

Actually, I think you are and you aren't being acknowledged, especially since you're commenting on Skrillex's sound more than his sincerity and background. And MrSparkle666 hasn't posted since, personally speaking, my rebuttal was in response to his post more than anything.

Guest Lube Saibot

But, of course, you "don't care what anyone says". Fine, enjoy willful ignorance and willful bad taste.

0.jpg

dude, I've said this before, and I'll say it again, you are fucking awesome for being the first, and still consistently one of the few, to get the reference in my handle.

2000+ posts later, people still misread as luke saibot or lube sailboat, and then you post that.

*lovingly docks with you*

Archived