IGNORED

Britney Spears - Hold it Against me

Brandi_B

Every album she puts out, the production gets better and better. Sooner or later her albums are just going to be the same as a trance/house mix which is fine with me. Also lol at all the dubstep fans made sick by this.

Fantastic production, this is great for electronic music imo. Much more stylistic than common pop, and the music isn't really put that much into the background to make way for the vocals, which is nice.

Watch in 1080p for max audio quality

Dat breakdown

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if i said i didn't like it would you hold it against me?

ha! touche sir =D

oh... this is what my gay cousin has been quoting! Something about paradise and needing a vacation.

Yeah the gays love em some brit brit

Well I should hope the production's crazy slick, given that she's got an assembly line of who's who writing and producing this dreck for her to lip sync.

They did a good job of the breakdown section. The whole thing's not really got anything to do with her though.

Well I should hope the production's crazy slick, given that she's got an assembly line of who's who writing and producing this dreck for her to lip sync.

They did a good job of the breakdown section. The whole thing's not really got anything to do with her though.

She actually does have a fair bit of say in what a track is or isn't. Of course the label ultimately decides if something is album worthy or not. There's an interview with one of her producers that states that she actually turns down a lot of things thrown at her, and selects styles that match what she likes. Plus she spent the better part of a year rolling and listening to techno, so I think it's pretty ingrained in her, for now. Of course as far as the actual producing goes, no, that has nothing to do with her whatsoever, with exception to vocal mangling, which she just says she likes or doesn't like.

Look at her vs Christina (jazz or whatever other pop artist [gaga, rihanna, etc] she's ripping) vs Rhianna (weird R&b, hip hop, dancey) vs Pink (punk, lots of guitars, dancey). They all like a certain style (though Christina obliviously does the most rips and is the least creative). Yes they are all part of a label promoting them as those kinds of people, but there's a fair bit of their actual personalities in what you finally hear on a record.

Granted they are all (again) led by the labels, they are all rich enough and established enough to put their feet down and do whatever they want to an extent.

I have always been heavily involved in every album I have ever made. I'm very stubborn when it comes to recording and will only record songs I love, which is why it takes me a long time to make an album. I have to feel connected before I record and the song has to spark something inside me. Very few songs do that. I guess it's a good process because I love all of my music. I know there are a lot of artists that hate songs they recorded. I don’t feel that way.

she's also been listening to a lot of deadmau5

Britney_Spears_on_drugs_after_sex.jpg.jpeg

theshininglist.jpg

She actually does have a fair bit of say in what a track is or isn't.

Perhaps she has for some songs, but:

"Hold It Against Me" was written by Max Martin, Dr. Luke, Bonnie McKee and Billboard, while being produced by Luke, Martin and Billboard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hold_It_Against_Me

She picks a flavor she likes, they come up with a hyper glossy facsimile of it, millions of dollars are made. The people backing her are very good at what they do, but if it weren't her in that role it could be any half attractive female who can almost sing/dance.

yeah her voice doesn't really do anything for me, but that production is top notch.

i've actually been really getting into popular dance music in the last few months, and it's starting to show in my tracks. i need to find a vocalist for my dance stuff though, since i'm certainly not going to become an amazing one any time soon.

http://soundcloud.com/pselodux/untitled-cfj

if i can get my production skills to the level of that britney song, i'll be pretty satisfied tbh

I find the production of some k pop a lot more interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSQwCK_8VSM

fuck! that's amazing!

Archived