IGNORED

take that, bitch!

keltoi

from letters of note...

Writer Lafcadio Hearn was somewhat of a sensation in the early 1870s. Working for the Cincinnati Daily Enquirer, Hearn's graphic reports from crime scenes left very little to the imagination; his often surprising behaviour — "sticking his fingers into a dead man's brain (...) even drinking blood from abattoirs" — further strengthening his reputation as an eccentric, exciting journalist. Judging by the following shockingly vitriolic letter he wrote to Ellen Freeman — a wealthy older housewife who had unsuccessfully pursued him romantically for some time but with whom he politely corresponded for approximately a year — he also didn't hold back when critiquing photographs of his female admirers.

Unsurprisingly, Hearn and Freeman's friendship didn't last much longer.

I do not like the picture at all,—in fact I cannot find words to express how much I dislike it.

—You were never physically attractive to me; you are neither graceful nor beautiful, and you evidently know nothing of the laws or properties of beauty. Otherwise you could not have sent me such a picture, as it could only disgust me.

Whatever liking I have had for you, it has never been of such a character that I could be otherwise than disgusted by such a picture as that. It is unutterably coarse and gross and beefy. It is simply unendurable.

Not that I object to low dresses — or even to an utter absence of dress, when the unveiling reveals attractions which the eye of the artist loves as something shapely and beautiful. I have an instinctive and cultivated knowledge of what physical beauty is, and anything in direct violation of my taste and knowledge—like your picture,—simply sickens me. I have studied every limb and line in the bodies of fifty young women, and more; and know what form is and beauty is. You must not think me a fool. You are a fine woman in regard to health and strength; you are not a handsome or even a tolerably good looking woman physically, and your picture is simply horrible, horrible, horrible.

This is plain speaking; but I think it is necessary for you. You cannot make yourself physically attractive to me. Don’t try. I am an artist, a connoisseur, a student of beauty, and it is very hard to please me. Don’t disgust me, please—

Yours truly,

L. Hearn.

Guest Rambo

oh my lol he was quite rude wasn't he?

very much like my message to squees most recent gf who was nowhere near as attractive as his previous one.

Guest Rambo

I do not like the picture at all,—in fact I cannot find words to express how much I dislike it.

He had a fucking good go though didn't he?

indeedy. i liked...

I have an instinctive and cultivated knowledge of what physical beauty is, and anything in direct violation of my taste and knowledge—like your picture,—simply sickens me.

—You were never physically attractive to me; you are neither graceful nor beautiful, and you evidently know nothing of the laws or properties of beauty.

I have been tempted to say this on many occasions, and have come pretty close to actually blurting it out. Good on this man for not succumbing to the 'harmless lie' of politeness. :emotawesomepm9:

Guest nene multiple assgasms

—You were never physically attractive to me; you are neither graceful nor beautiful, and you evidently know nothing of the laws or properties of beauty. Otherwise you could not have sent me such a picture, as it could only disgust me.

Whatever liking I have had for you, it has never been of such a character that I could be otherwise than disgusted by such a picture as that. It is unutterably coarse and gross and beefy. It is simply unendurable.

Not that I object to low dresses — or even to an utter absence of dress, when the unveiling reveals attractions which the eye of the artist loves as something shapely and beautiful. I have an instinctive and cultivated knowledge of what physical beauty is, and anything in direct violation of my taste and knowledge—like your picture,—simply sickens me. I have studied every limb and line in the bodies of fifty young women, and more; and know what form is and beauty is. You must not think me a fool. You are a fine woman in regard to health and strength; you are not a handsome or even a tolerably good looking woman physically, and your picture is simply horrible, horrible, horrible.

This is plain speaking; but I think it is necessary for you. You cannot make yourself physically attractive to me. Don’t try. I am an artist, a connoisseur, a student of beauty, and it is very hard to please me. Don’t disgust me, please—

Yours truly,

L. Hearn.

that just makes me wanna see the pic she sent him.

I ve fapped a trillion times to millions of camwhores on the net,

I ve developed an aesthetical, statistical database in my head, consisting of lips, titts, pussies and assholes,

so I am familiar with the concept of beauty as well as with the process of love.

your profile is just horrible horrible horrible, you are violating my database records, and my

data mining algorithm doesnt work anymore.

you are good to put a dick into when im depressed and lonely lonely lonely.

You must not think me a fool, you could work at burgerking with your beefy whatever.

I think it is necessary for you to know that. You cannot make yourself physically attractive to me, my

artist wont get hard.

Yours truly

xxx

Archived