IGNORED

Best reverb software?

Swerm

OK, what's your favourite reverb plugin? I've tried nothing but Reason's reverbs, and Ableton live's. I want some good reverb to play with, don't know where to start. What's the best, or your favourite?

Guest mollekula

i dont know which one is the best but i like ArtsAcoustic Reverb a lot, its not a cheap one though

The PristineSpace VST completely revolutionised the way I made music.

oh wow you've advertised that to me haven't you?

Guest MrSparkle666

The best? Well, obviously this. It's the same famous algorithms they used on their top of the line hardware (I forget which series). You really can't do much better than that, but it's quite pricey.

On the cheap, I like Audio Damage EOS the best.

For free: EpicVerb.

Guest Lube Saibot

as said above, the "best" = the lexicon bundle... but that's where "best" means "most akin famous high-end space-time processing outboard"

"best" are also of course Waves' reverbs (RVerb, TrueVerb), but again that's where "best" reads "most industry standard-ish"

for me, for example, and the music i do, the "best" is FL Studio Reeverb 2, for a multitude of reasons. I shit you not.

and i find the reverb in Ableton quite yummy so IMO, OP, you're set.

but, for variety's sake, you need a good plate reverb and a good convolution reverb under your belt, and ableton's natives don't do that well, so lexicon/rverb/glaceverb/psp easyverb for the plate and speakerphone/altiverb/pristinespace for convolution and you're set. i believe glaceverb and speakerphone are free but not sure.

Guest rex sole

Smartelectronix Ambience is still great, and it's lush. And free.

Aether is also the nuts of the mutt.

Checking out the Lexicon PCM plugins, they look amazing. Can't afford it for shit, but this is quite a funny interview, just cos the interviewer looks completely uninterested and knows nothing about the subject...the wanker!

Got epicverb and freeverb last night, looking forward to checking them out...

Hmm, I might have had a little too much fizzy pop when I wrote that. I'd say 'really helped me go in a direction I wanted to go' than 'completely revolutionised' !

reverbs are really hard for me to use. I can make some sound good, sometimes..... I'm going to test out this epicverb and see whats up.

Hmm, I might have had a little too much fizzy pop when I wrote that. I'd say 'really helped me go in a direction I wanted to go' than 'completely revolutionised' !

Ah right...in what way did it help you? Seems interesting, envelope control, filtering, stuff like that...i like the idea of a reverb being an instrument of itself rather than just sounding like space or whatever.

For me it was like a completely new way of manipulating sound - the ability to use any waveform (rather than just a response from a room) as means to manipulate the input sound was something I'd never really considered before (well aside from a vocoder). Then I discovered some really good convolution waveforms from Spirit Canyon Audio ( http://www.spiritcanyonaudio.com/ ) that took this idea and really ran with it in making really wild but usable sounds.

it's free I tells ya! dunno why it says that...maybe it's a suggested donation or something... I downloaded it the other day, all works, full library etc. give it a go - it's wicked.

edit: hmmm, ok maybe I got a crack lol...can't remember doing that though...fuck knows I was stoned off my face. get it anyway it's well good.

I'd also recommend AudioDamage's Eos as an algorithmic solution. I've been swithering about ValhallaDSP's Room and Shimmer lately but not yet succumbed to temptation. It would probably be more sensible to invest in a convolution reverb for me first but I don't think I could justify the expense of Altiverb right now.

Has anyone tried Native Instrument's Reflektor? I was kind of tempted but the fact that you have to use it in a Guitar Rig wrapper put me off.

Archived