IGNORED

Moby - Destroyed (CD+Photography Book Project)

moby.jpg

moby-destroyed.jpg

i don't sleep very well when i travel. and as a result, i tend to be awake in cities when everyone else is asleep. and that's where this album comes from. it was primarily written late at night in cities when i felt like i was the only person awake (or alive). being the only person awake (or alive) in an empty city is strange and disconcerting, but it's also comforting. the streets are empty and quiet. the streetlights are all on but are only illuminating emptiness. i don't know if any of this will make sense to anyone listening to the album, but for me 'destroyed' is an album that makes the most sense late at night in an empty city when everyone else has gone to sleep. and, as always, i presumptuously ask that you listen to the album in its entirety at least once, as it was put together as a, hopefully, cohesive body of work, and i believe that it makes the most sense when listened to from start to finish. a soundtrack for empty cities at 2 a.m, at least that's how i hear it. and, as always, thank you for listening. and hopefully see you soon.

Released by: Little Idiot

Release/catalogue number: IDIOT010

Release date: May 16, 2011

http://destroyed.moby.com/

http://soundcloud.com/thelittleidiot/sets/destroyed

click 'Listen on Soundcloud' to stream the whole album

:emotawesomepm9::trashbear::cisfor:

I started listening to this to have a laugh, but I quite liked the first track :wtf:

I would like to like Moby, because his statements and ideas can be really nice (I mean, if this album actually sounded like its idea, it'd be amazing.) But his execution normally sounds appalling and also strangely derivative/unoriginal to me. He doesn't really sound like a professional artist at all - which can often be a good thing, but isn't in his music's case.

I too liked the first track. I also think 'Play' was a great pop album and 'Animal Rights' is really fun punk music, but everything since (including '18') has been so naff, especially the ones that came after '18'. I thought the one before this one would be good as it was inspired by a David Lynch talk, but again its execution was terribly dull and amateur sounding.

I heard the end of one track on the radio into work this morning; it sounded vaguely like Fuck Buttons run through a Boring Filter and noise-reduced 689%.

the title is displayed twice, just in case you missed it first time.

Maybe he means it. Like "Destroyed" destroyed Moby.

I heard the end of one track on the radio into work this morning; it sounded vaguely like Fuck Buttons run through a Boring Filter and noise-reduced 689%.

lol

you are a good watmmer

the title is displayed twice, just in case you missed it first time.

Maybe he means it. Like "Destroyed" destroyed Moby.

Better add 'Destroyed Moby' as an alias on Discogs then ;)

Oh man that could be the greatest troll ever!

If he ate meat, his music would be much more... substantial. I guarantee it.

If he was driving and a squirrel ran in front of his car and he crushed it without flinching, he'd then go on to make a raw, vital masterpiece.

Archived