IGNORED

Chinese first person shooter

delet...

It is a first-person shooter just like the famous “Call of Duty”, but “Glorious Mission” is quite different – the enemy is American troops.

The game is designed by Giant Network Technology and supported by China’s People's Liberation Army. It highly resembles other first-person shooter games. Players engage in basic training, conducts mission and carries out orders.

Unlike most games however the enemy is not Russian, Middle Eastern, South American or Asian – It’s American; clips from the videogame show players shooting down US aircraft, killing US troops and targeting all that is American military might.

Ironically, the Chinese game is modeled after the US Army developed first-person shooter game “America’s Army”.quoted source

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCOu4e8luF8

So being part of the army is to play computer games now. They seem to be enjoying it, whilst also trying to look like serious young officers in training. heh ..

Guest hahathhat

how many xbox games have you shooting commies in the head?

this game doesn't bother me at all.

I'm not finding the games premise controversial in the slightest. But it could be an hot topic if the press wanted to run with it, and once that happened someone would make a thread here about it. And i didn't want to miss my opportunity, so pre-empted all you fags, who are now running down my thread with your lack of sanctimony and the level headed assessments of the situation.

glah ;-]

Guest analogue wings

who cares if you target us troops?

People who weren't expecting to still be around to care... :whistling:

cant say im for the CoD type games in any sense. Weirds me out with the flood of WWII type games...I used to play them myself but then realized that I get far more entertainment out of hypothetical enemies and landscapes than a knee jerk (HEY LETS FUCK HITLER UP) GET THE JAPS BACK FOR PEARL HARBOR...its desensitization at its best..it creeps me out now.

and now many people that bashed CoD type war games for those exact same reasons are now embracing the chinese doing it...this world is pretty fucked up.

Guest hahathhat

i like how you can pick up people and throw them at other people in "prototype"

also do a bodyslam from the top of a skyscraper

Call of Duty's the only game I found too disturbing to play. It's just too realistic and close to home. Whereas with Grand Theft Auto I can spend hours running people over and making cars explode without ever being bothered simply because it's so over the top. Learning to be a sociopath was never so much fun. I still feel bad if I shoot any civilians in cold blood. Again, it's one of those things that seems a little too true to life. I suppose the occasional homicidal rampage in a car happens too... I just don't have much of a point of reference for that, so it still seems ludicrous enough to not bother me.

The scene in MW2 where you massacre an airport was fucking brutal. I played the level and then felt hollow and cold. That's the only game in recent memory that has bothered me. Except for when i was like 8 and saw a scene from Phantasmagoria whilst my dad was playing it.

The scene in MW2 where you massacre an airport was fucking brutal. I played the level and then felt hollow and cold. That's the only game in recent memory that has bothered me.

Yeah yeah, that was the scene that sprang to mind as i was writing my last post. Totally fucked up. I watched horrified while my girlfriend play it. If the controller had been in my hands I would have felt like a monster. I refused to play that game after seeing that, though I was coerced into playing co-op a few times.

Guest Pennywise

That was the best part of mw2. I played about 20 mins further into that game then gave it to my brother. Call Of Duty is the most overrated game series ever

The scene in MW2 where you massacre an airport was fucking brutal. I played the level and then felt hollow and cold. That's the only game in recent memory that has bothered me.

Yeah yeah, that was the scene that sprang to mind as i was writing my last post. Totally fucked up. I watched horrified while my girlfriend play it. If the controller had been in my hands I would have felt like a monster. I refused to play that game after seeing that, though I was coerced into playing co-op a few times.

But at the same time I was happy that a game with content like that could be released in America. It was a glimmer of hope in a PC, censorship inundated media.

i stopped playing FPS as much once it settled into the whole 'Russian/terrorist enemies' thing over and over again. pretty repetitious and irritating

I bet there are people enraged about this somewhere who haven't considered that maybe there are Russians irritated being the enemy all times

goDel is very close to 1337 posts, make sure to get a screenshot dude for posterity. It doesn't happen every day.

Super Sayan party at my house!

rVkYx.jpg

Tt8jl.gif

I feel like there are distinctions that should be made when judging these types of games. It's one thing to have a game based off of historic events, another to have a game where you get to play both sides of a conflict, and another thing entirely to use a game as a "training tool" for your military. I can't speak chinese, so I'm assuming the game is single-player, in which case i can't see it having any practical use other than propaganda, which seems kind of inflammatory seeing as how china/US isn't in a military conflict. I wouldn't have a problem if it's just china's CoD ripoff, produced for entertainment, or even as a recruitment tool, but as far as i can tell, that's not the case.

Guest hahathhat

it's a video game. don't be one of those angry moms just trying to protect her little fucking superstar

Archived