IGNORED

Phoenecia - Demissions

joseph

New phoenecia full-length http://phoenecia.bandcamp.com/

"Limited edition digipak compact disc available from Detund on 7/30/11

Phoenecia - Good Man Bones EP (featuring four tracks from Demissions & an exclusive vinyl-only track) available from Detund on 7/22/11"

As a huge phoenecia fan this is like christmas. jesus I am looking forward to this.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brown Out was about 10 years ahead of its time. I'm expecting to be able to appreciate this album when I'm 40.

Guest VgqepetrahLcwg swr6

The language on that site seems to imply that the 10 tracks on that site dont represent the entire album. Thoughts?

I can see why you're confused but I think that what they mean is that you'll get 10 tracks in any one fileformat you like, and a physical CD sent to you when it's released.

The language on that site seems to imply that the 10 tracks on that site dont represent the entire album. Thoughts?

I can see why you're confused but I think that what they mean is that you'll get 10 tracks in any one fileformat you like, and a physical CD sent to you when it's released.

Unless technology has advanced enough to email physical CDs, I don't think so. ;) Seems to me there will be more tracks. Plus it says the CD will be available from Detund, and bandcamp (as far as I know) only provides downloads unless they link to another site for physical items.

A link to the complete album will be emailed to you the moment it’s released.

Anyway, good news! :sorcerer:

Unless technology has advanced enough to email physical CDs, I don't think so. ;) Seems to me there will be more tracks. Plus it says the CD will be available from Detund, and bandcamp (as far as I know) only provides downloads unless they link to another site for physical items.

A link to the complete album will be emailed to you the moment it’s released.

Anyway, good news! :sorcerer:

I think you're - I'm going to wait it out, and buy the physical release.

So I've pre-ordered and downloaded the bulk of the album but when it's actually released there'll be a link to a few more tracks ? OK, I think I've got it :wtf:

Guest bitroast

purchased.

Confused as to what all this pre-order stuff means (paranoid and hoping i dont regret the purchase)

Love the first track, especially the melody in the first portion. Not as IDMy as brownout and different for sure, but I like it a lot altogether. Frendano doesn't do much for me though, not sure about Gesundheit either, the others are great though. Livelihoods is mm too:)

this album is proof that IDM is still alive. It's like the Autechre album that AE hasn't bothered to put out since Draft 7.30

DUDE!

I love the seamless blending of acoustic percussion and digitalia throughout this thing, it's really natural and progressive. "Two part invention..." is a masterpiece. Seba is beautiful. Livelihoods reminds me of sublimit for some reason.

Already prefer this one to Echelon Mall, it's really darn ace!

Me too, but Demissions and Echelon Mall are really like apples and oranges.

If I remember correctly, Echelon Mall is actually a sort of remix album. They've apparently

done a lot of soundtracks and music for art exhibitions, and Echelon Mall consists

entirely of these pieces remixed/reworked.

Demissions is a proper album. It would be like comparing Hans Zimmer with Aphex Twin IMO.

Archived