IGNORED

James Blake - Order / Pan

Redruth

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i've had his limit to your love stuck in my head since waking up yesterday. kill me now

no

if it's like his other EP's and not his full length it should be good

Good to hear, I really liked his EPs as well

Guest Enter a new display name

James is now a millionaire, so he can finally get back to the style that his real fans and himself enjoy.

whatevs, troli :emotawesomepm9:

the man's talent is undeniable, as far as i am concerned. although it's kinda weird seeing people going crazy to what are essentially a couple of slow jams with a sub-bass or a dubsteppy snare or the like. it's nice to see that he's kept the guitar part from the BBC session version of wilhelm scream live, i think it's better than the album version.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Enter a new display name

LEAKED

Oh god, I think James Blake surpassed himself in making weakening music since his album... :facepalm:

Guest kineaesth

I think both tracks are immense, especially Pan. He's dropped the whole soulful singing routine and is just making incredibly heavy bass music, super stripped back. Great EP, excellent to see that he's back on Hemlock, who had his first release. Would love another Hessle EP.

so i'm just now listening to the tracks, and while he's returned to instrumental dubstep-influenced stuff, and the atmosphere is somewhat there, he totally forgot that he's good at writing melodies, and decided not to have any? bit let down—the two things that i loved about his earlier eps were the atmosphere and keyz. :mellow:

Archived