IGNORED

anyone purchase digital analords on rephelx.com?

elusive4

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah i think it's only 23bit though. that extra bit went missing in the great bit theft of 2008.

lold my ass off. the great bit theft of 2008. :emotawesomepm9:

I have no idea what the Analords were originally mastered to, whether it was even a digital or analogue format. As far as the .wav and .mp3 downloads go, they're a bit haphazard... some are 48kHz, some are 44.1kHz... Most seem to be 16-bit. I wouldn't worry about it. The music's more important than the sound quality, and the music itself is mostly pretty good. As is the sound quality. :)

The music's more important than the sound quality, and the music itself is mostly pretty good.

Try telling the OP of this topic. Oooh I went there sister :lol:

FYI Mine are 12Mhz, 9¾ bits wide.

I have no idea what the Analords were originally mastered to, whether it was even a digital or analogue format. As far as the .wav and .mp3 downloads go, they're a bit haphazard... some are 48kHz, some are 44.1kHz... Most seem to be 16-bit. I wouldn't worry about it. The music's more important than the sound quality, and the music itself is mostly pretty good. As is the sound quality. :)

the point is i wanted to hear the digital mastering such as that on the chosen lords - for the remaining analords.

you want to hear digital mastering on a series whose whole purpose was to remain analogue? hence the gear used, then recorded to tape, then the tape straight onto vinyl etc...

I don't get the point. you seem to be far too concerned with bit depth elusive, why is it such a big deal to you?

the point is i wanted to hear the digital mastering such as that on the chosen lords - for the remaining analords.

Well I went straight from Chosen Lords to the digilords, what with not having a record player... They sound pretty similar or the same as far as I can tell. Then again, I'm not an audiophile, I like music, not hi-fis. :) Really, though, if you're all about digital perfection, maybe you might prefer some Autechre to the Analord series. ;)

Archived