IGNORED

Tiger & Woods - Through the Green

encey

http://boomkat.com/cds/412021-tiger-woods-through-the-green

Infectious debut album of ten "groove extractions" from the enigmatic Tigers & Woods unit. 'Through The Green' collects the best of their three highly sought-after white labels, records whch captured the imagination of dancefloors from Offenbach to St Andrews, shredding, slicing, juicing and boosting elements of their favourite disco, soul, boogie and house tracks into sophisticated new forms. Like the adroit edits of Frank Timm's Sound Stream project, they only work with select morsels, but it's all about the instinctive flow and arrangement of those samples, regenerating their essence into helplessly funky dancefloor tools loved by the dancers, revered by connoisseurs and made for those who know. We can safely say there's not a duff track among them, and cuts like the ecstatic boogie of 'Love In Cambodgia' and the recently reissued, Imagination-sampling 'Gin Nation' are bona fide anthems. Satisfaction guaranteed!!!

Learned about this from NPR All Songs Considered electronic edition, part 3 & really dug "Gin Nation," the track of theirs played at the end of the show. It's like late '80s disco funk given the The Field treatment. I love it!

Didn't see a thread for this release in this subforum & wondered if anyone else has been digging this?

lol @ my thread subtitle -- I clearly started typing the album name in there, made a typo, realized it should go in the main title after the artist name, and never erased it -- :sup:

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i kinda agree as everyone is simply complaining without listening and realising how good this is

i kinda agree as everyone is simply complaining without listening and realising how good this is

i think that's the gripe with these horrible band names. a lot of people write them off before they listen. if their name is indicative of their music then it is generic, forced, rushed and copied from somewhere else.

that being said, i did listen. it is not for me, but it is certainly better than their name.

What's a good name though? It's the last thing I care about.

that's a good question too. i was more talking about the celebrity band naming craze.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

These guys are great party music, be sure to check their RA podcast from earlier this year I think.

i'd like to but its no longer available.

if you got it pls upload to mediafire or somewhere

Guest AcrossCanyons

God dammit, what's with all these faux-celebrity band names? Can't people come up with original names anymore?

Hipsters!

I thought I already posted about this buy maybe I was wrong.

These guys aren't named after Tiger Woods, Tiger and Woods are the duo's last names.

God dammit, what's with all these faux-celebrity band names? Can't people come up with original names anymore?

Hipsters!

I thought I already posted about this buy maybe I was wrong.

These guys aren't named after Tiger Woods, Tiger and Woods are the duo's last names.

Interesting! Also love your avatar, Street Sharks was rad!

Archived