IGNORED

Trans Canada Highway pre-Order at Warp

onecaseman

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kiteless

If anything, everybody should order the vinyl and CD formats just to get two copies of the DVD!

warp are cheapasses, i know they'll just send one.

no, the trick is, you just make two orders a few days apart ... you have to pay a bit extra for shipping, of course

No, WARP are not "cheapasses" nor would they shaft you like that - I asked if I'd get a copy with each version of the EP, and my answer was a resounding "yes, of course".

just you wait and see what they do to a regular non-Joyrex american boc fan..

actually they might, but historically i've received stingy packages from warp with minimal freebies / broken promises of freebies.

WARP actually promised you freebies? That's a bit odd, since how would the remember to put freebies in your next order when you ordered (which might be months from the last time you talked to them).

I'm thinking about this too much, aren't I?

Guest Skytree
The BOC forum takes a sinister turn

Lighten up man, Skytree's a good guy and this isn't the place to start a fued

Haha...don't worry Six, but thanks. Internet fueds are not worth my time anymore. I read two sentences into Mekon's post and skipped the rest.

Apparently though, I missed some lovely prose.

Guest Skytree
yep.. ignorance is a bliss

:excl:

Well, no...the point is that I can easily extrapolate the meaning of the message given only the first few lines in a situation like this. This individual does not know me in person, nor has the least idea if what he's saying is accurate. In my experience, sentiments like Mekon's stem from a desire to vainly bolster one's deep-rooted insecurities by attempting to leech the security from another. The best way to short circuit this process is simply to let it be.

Guest 1001 0

well i dont know.. maybe he just has that kind of impression of you. and he decided to say it out loud.

i would take that as critisizm of some sort. i think..

Guest Skytree
well i dont know.. maybe he just has that kind of impression of you. and he decided to say it out loud.
If he has that kind of impression, there's really nothing I can do about it from a keyboard. Also, I'm not going to tell someone what they can or can't say out loud, even if it's a slam to me. I can take it.

i would take that as critisizm of some sort. i think..
Pointing out that I'm somehow being inaccurate in stating that I support organic farming, and alternative energy (+ having plenty of BoC cds, vinyl, posters, etc), as examples, has no basis in reality. I'm a certified organic farmer, eat almost exclusively organic food, am going to school for alternative energy and believe in it greatly, and also have a sizable Boards collection. Those are all facts. Should I be criticized for outlining factual information about myself? I shouldn't underplay who I am simply to meet others' expectations.

Criticizing the tone in which I outline it might hold water. I know there's something off about my tone to you some of you, but I don't know why. I hardly mean any harm in it.

Guest kiteless
WARP actually promised you freebies? That's a bit odd, since how would the remember to put freebies in your next order when you ordered (which might be months from the last time you talked to them).

I'm thinking about this too much, aren't I?

by promises i meant "each order containing [this] comes with [free this]". can't think of what off the top of my head but there was something that everyone got except me; might have been vibert stickers or something. it really doesn't matter a fuck and yes, we are both thinking about this too much :)

Guest 1001 0

skytree, i think i agree you on this.. but i just wanted to point out that there are different kind of opinions.. and i dont think all those should be ignored..

...or something like that.. in more fancier english.

Guest The Mekon

Well, no...the point is that I can easily extrapolate the meaning of the message given only the first few lines in a situation like this. This individual does not know me in person, nor has the least idea if what he's saying is accurate. In my experience, sentiments like Mekon's stem from a desire to vainly bolster one's deep-rooted insecurities by attempting to leech the security from another. The best way to short circuit this process is simply to let it be.

Alternatively, people like The Mekon just get really annoyed by cunts.

Ok, Im like a week late (such is my busy lifestyle at the moment) but Skyliner is fucking good. I'm very pleased. Instantly liked it. Will preorder.

The Mekon's mom goes to college :excl:

Guest Skytree
Wikipedia's Cunt definition.

Interesting link...you guys should check it out:

Like many vulgar words, cunt owes some of its potency to its phonetic characteristics. Its monosyllabic nature, combined with the hard k sound at the beginning and the sharp t at the end make it well-suited for use as an epithet or interjection.

Cunt is an old Germanic word, and appeared as cunte in Middle English and kunta in Old Norse. It has cognates in most Germanic languages, such as the Swedish and Norwegian kunta†, Frisian kunte, and Dutch kut (while kont in Dutch means bum, strangely the Dutch word for 'cunt' the earlier mentioned 'kut' is considered to be considerably less offensive in the Dutch speaking areas than cunt is in the English speaking world). Interestingly, the Afrikaans word 'kont' is equivalent to the english 'cunt' and is even more offensive to Afrikaans-speakers than 'cunt' is for English-speakers. It goes back to an Old Germanic stem kunton.

Learning! IIIIIT'S THE BEST!!!

kids4.jpg

Guest Skytree
I LIKED WHEN I SAW THE PICTURES OF THE SMILING BEARS
HAHA YES THIS IS SOMETHING I ENJOYED AS WELL.

That and the firecracker crocodile cleverly hidden on page one!

This is some nice shit.. back to the roots for BOC I see. it's quite chaotic, but i can't see where the darkness is coming from.. let's see who finds the first subliminal message?

Guest wagon
This is some nice shit.. back to the roots for BOC I see. it's quite chaotic, but i can't see where the darkness is coming from.. let's see who finds the first subliminal message?

i found it - it says "stop looking for us plz"

• 1 month later...
Guest cosmonaut

If anything, everybody should order the vinyl and CD formats just to get two copies of the DVD!

warp are cheapasses, i know they'll just send one.

no, the trick is, you just make two orders a few days apart ... you have to pay a bit extra for shipping, of course

No, WARP are not "cheapasses" nor would they shaft you like that - I asked if I'd get a copy with each version of the EP, and my answer was a resounding "yes, of course".

guess how many copies of the promo dvd i received

Archived