IGNORED

Trans Canada Highway pre-Order at Warp

onecaseman

it's about as vanilla and predictable as you can get.

i had this feeling too. however, i like more after more listens and will reserve judgment until i hear the uncompressed original. i'm sure there are subtleties i can hear right now.

that lead synth is fucking subdued in the mix. that's unusual. i really have to strain to hear it.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope it's like Oscar See Through Red Eye, the first single released for TCH but IMO one of the weaker tracks on the album.

o rly?...i think that 'oscar' is one of the best tracks on TCH and most like their previous material. the layering is superb and really trippy.

Guest endangered betche
i was going to pre-order this, but i wanted to get 'hi scores' (still haven't heard that one!) at the same time... but it doesn't seem to be available (on CD at least)... i guess this is just a tempory thing?

You REALLY need to hear Hi Scores! EYDIAB is one of their top five tracks.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00007MAJ...v=glance&n=5174

:fear:

(Or, if you're low on fundage, pm me your address.)

Guest Archrival

"IMPORTANT INFORMATION: With each Copy of this E.P. you will recieve NTSC Region 0 DVD of the beautiful promo video for the track Track Dayvan Cowboy, Directed by Melissa Olson. Plus on top of this Warpmart customers will recieve a rather nice exclusive sticker too.

Extending from the last years Campfire Headphase album, the Trans Canada Highway EP which features 5 new tracks including a great remix from Cloudead's Odd Nosdam plays out a hallucinogenic road trip of desolation, isolation and exploration.

With the Boards of Canada traits of intricacy and ethereality, Trans Canada Highway visits a darker place, “a glacial place” as Boards of Canada put it,away from the warmth and light of The Campfire Headphase."

Olson, huh? Name sounds familiar...

source?

YOU FUCKING STUPID CUNT!!! READ THE FUCKING TOPIC YOU SAD TWAT! HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE YOU STUPID FANBOY!!? " Trans Canada Highway pre-Order at Warp"

DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT GRAMMAR YOU STUPID FUCK!?! YOU START EVERY SENTENCE WITH A BIG LETTER YOU FUCKING CUNT!!

:flower:

i'd like some naked juice, ... i don't know what it is, but it sounds nice.. (as long as it's not your naked juice tree. :laughing: :fear: )

anyway, re skyliner... i wish i could now get back the three minutes of my life i spent listening to that at such a shitty bitrate.

i find myself almost regretting pre ordering the ep now... but my better judgement says it's all about the bitrate.

aren't mp3 formats fucking magic?

spoilt the track for me totally.

I've noticed when people start doing one of the following three things:

- complaining about mp3 bitrates

- saying a new track reminds them of a combination of older tracks by the same artist, eg. this sounds like a combination of Olson and Sixtyniner

- commenting that the track is "classic", eg. "classic Boards," "classic AE," etc.

the music probably ain't that good.

But I'm hoping it'll work better in the context of the EP.

I've noticed when people start doing one of the following three things:

- complaining about mp3 bitrates

- saying a new track reminds them of a combination of older tracks by the same artist, eg. this sounds like a combination of Olson and Sixtyniner

- commenting that the track is "classic", eg. "classic Boards," "classic AE," etc.

the music probably ain't that good.

But I'm hoping it'll work better in the context of the EP.

i'm not criticising the music yet because i just plain can't hear it properly.

rest assured if i think it's shit when it arrives i'll say so.

You raise a very good point

I wish it was dark John Carpenter-esque stuff like that track on the Music70 website

Given this a few more listens and I'm liking it more than most of the TCH stuff at least. We'll see how the rest is in a couple of months...

As always with BoC releases I'm gonna hold off hearing any previews till I actually have the release in my hands.

Interesting things about the release:

1) Why £6.70 & £7.70 (for Cd / Vinyl), that seems a rather bizarre price. Are they doing it just due to the whole Music70 thing ?

2) Why NTSC ? That seems rather odd for a UK based project

3) I like the sound of : "With the Boards of Canada traits of intricacy and ethereality, Trans Canada Highway visits a darker place, “a glacial place” as Boards of Canada put it,away from the warmth and light of The Campfire Headphase.". BoC do good dark-ness, I look forward to hearing such a suchness....

Guest kiteless

whoa also i just noticed, the vinyl will be white, that's interesting

i'd love to say SOURCE?!??11?/WTF right now but i noticed that too, therefore i don't care.

oh whatever, i wasn't doubting him ... i just typed "source?", nothing more

sorry mate that came across the wrong way. i wasn't having a dig at you, was just making fun of the whole "source?" thing as a whole. i didn't even notice you'd asked for a source lol.

He finally snapped

hahaha

Guest Skytree
this whole naked juice business has gotten me confused...

i thought michael jackson fed that to little kids? :fear:

Hope this clears it up:

YES

20062151527490.PomAcaiBottle.jpg

NO

sem_sperm_med.jpg

this whole naked juice business has gotten me confused...

i thought michael jackson fed that to little kids? :fear:

Hope this clears it up:

YES

20062151527490.PomAcaiBottle.jpg

NO

sem_sperm_med.jpg

ahh. makes sense now, and isnt as creepy. although the sperm look more like roundworms...which my cat threw up about a month ago...so we gave her away for the animal shelter to fix...and i only realize how quiet the house is now. :huh:

Guest disco_epilepsy

skyliner sounds very good, will preorder the vinyl and download the mp3s when they're available

yarrr

yes yes...all sounds very nice.

noice.

should be a nice listen when its out.

good to see the brothers grimm still on the ball.

ordered both cd and vinyl.

WWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

IT'S ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Archived