IGNORED

Scintilli - Missing

Guest Marach

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ruiagnelo

i'm not keen on it at all really... :( - damn it!

same here :(

i won't listen to any other track that might be released before the album and will wait for the whole thing!

It's a thing of delicate beauty, with classic "slightly wrong" Plaid key changes. I recently said on another thread that I think Ochre sounded like Plaid, then retracted what I said. This track re-instates that opinion (though perhaps it's more that this track makes Plaid sound like Ochre!).

Any road up, loving it and looking forward to the whole album big time!!!!!

..if the whole album is like that track i will be massively dissapointed! the album will be really "missing" a lot, for me. :sad:

me likey!

i,ve heard similar tracks like this from plaid before and not really been too keen at first,but after a while i love them,this one i loved straight away! keeping it fresh for us and them i think in the way they approach any new music they make,could be a future classic!

sounds great and can only sound better in context of the album.

after a few more listens it's sounding better, it's just when i first heard it, when that guitar came in i thought, uhh..

it just wasn't what i was expecting. not that i should be expecting anything, and i don't even know what i was expecting, but it wasn't that. after such a long wait i was just hoping for something 'amazing' from this album! but maybe, like you say, in context of the whole album it will probably make more sense... and sound a lot better. and they do always have a lot of variation in the tracks/styles on their albums, so... i should remember this, and wait til i hear the entire thing all at once before i pass any definite judgement. :)

ah sorry but this track doesnt bring anything exciting as i was expecting from Plaid, to my brain..(equally disappointed(??) as Sirch, here)., only image it "sparkles" in me is, japanese version of that cartoon, Heidi. i mean, its like the music that would play at the start, if Heidi was gonna be broadcasted in Japan :P

(too clean instrumentals,,, im never fond of them anyways .....)

gotta listen to the full album, though....

we'll see , we'll see.

how many tracks are on the album? oh wait the tracklisting isn't up yet....I'm guessing 13

I like this track, but its hard to compare it to 35 Summers.

I rather not listen to any more tracks 'till I have the full album...

Guest ruiagnelo

how many tracks are on the album? oh wait the tracklisting isn't up yet....I'm guessing 13

lol indeed 13:

Tracklist:

01 Missing

02 Eye Robot

03 Thank

04 Unbank

05 Tender Hooks

06 Craft Nine

07 Sömnl

08 Founded

09 Talk to Us

10 35 Summers

11 African Woods

12 Upgrade

13 At Last

dunno how pitchfork got it, because it isn't listed anywhere else, not even on bleep or Plaid's homepage

lol indeed 13:

Tracklist:

01 Missing

02 Eye Robot

03 Thank

04 Unbank

05 Tender Hooks

06 Craft Nine

07 Sömnl

08 Founded

09 Talk to Us

10 35 Summers

11 African Woods

12 Upgrade

13 At Last

dunno how pitchfork got it, because it isn't listed anywhere else, not even on bleep or Plaid's homepage

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so 'Missing' is the opening track... ah well that's cool, it makes a bit more sense now and i don't mind it so much, because it can be forgotten quikcly enough, then on with the rest of the album! :D

there's still another 10 new tracks on there that we haven't yet heard! (not including Tender Hooks, or 35 Summers)

phew! i can rest a lil bit easier now, haha :)

Guest ruiagnelo

I am confident this will be a good record.

Altough i have my own favorites amongst every of Plaid's releases, everything they put out is always fresh and original.

I wish they would bring back the consistency of Not for 333's, thought. But i am with Plaid and will continue to support them until their last release.

Guest Ultravisitor

Sweet! More and more excitement.

Reminds me of some of their stuff from Heaven's Door but different enough : )

Me happy.

..if the whole album is like that track i will be massively dissapointed! the album will be really "missing" a lot, for me. :sad:

My thoughts exactly. Missing hasn't grabbed me at all.

Missing hasn't done anything to put me off Scintilli.. sounding quite lovely to mine ears.

On my forth listen in a row :)

you are a hardcore fan, my good man! :)

Archived