IGNORED

tongue brushing

keltoi

tongue brushing  

56 members have voted

1. 1. do you brush your tongue?

• yes my tongue is so clean you could eat your dinner off it.
    • no my tongue is hairier than susan boils ball-bag.
    • sometimes.

why is it suddenly so important to brush your tongue? are we eventually going to have to brush our tonsils too? and surely tongue hairs serve some kind of function and should be left to grow luxurious and long?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you need to especially brush the back of the tongue cause thats where food particles/bacteria get stuck. even after brushing my tongue ill use mouth rinse, this particular mouth rinse i have is purple and when i spit it out, you can see the purple bits in the spit, if i didnt rinse, all that crap would still be festering in my mouth

tongue hairs?

What happens is these hair-like papillae grow on your tongue (100% normal) and usually they shed when you eat rough food and brush your tongue at a short length. However, some are genetically inclined to shed at longer lengths so they look more hair-like than what you see on another person's tongue. These little fibrile papillae are normal physiology, just be careful--smoking and other staining foods can change their colors, like smokers get a black hairy tongue from tobacco staining these otherwise-white papillae. Patches are normal too, just excessive damage to the papillae has caused that.

Guest Coalbucket PI

tongue hairs?

What happens is these hair-like papillae grow on your tongue (100% normal) and usually they shed when you eat rough food and brush your tongue at a short length. However, some are genetically inclined to shed at longer lengths so they look more hair-like than what you see on another person's tongue. These little fibrile papillae are normal physiology, just be careful--smoking and other staining foods can change their colors, like smokers get a black hairy tongue from tobacco staining these otherwise-white papillae. Patches are normal too, just excessive damage to the papillae has caused that.
Oohhhh papillae, why didn't you say. Anyway I've never had my tongue look in any way hairy. I've noticed it be a funny yellowy colour a few times and I didn't find brushing it made any difference, plus I can't really get to the back without retching. Mouthwash seems like the most reasonable way to deal with it to me.

if you drink coffee w/ any kind of cream you'll get this nasty ass yellowish coating on your tongue that normal brushing/rinsing may not fully get rid of. this is exacerbated if you also smoke herb.

Guest theSun

this just perpetuates the elitism that "idm" fans exhibit when talking about something unrelated to the purpose of this forum.

way to go assholes

I do every now and again to keep my breath fresh. But not often enough, i usually forget it.

Y'all would make some pathetic dick suckers.

I am a pretty good dick sucker btw... Haters better recognize.

you sound like a non-tongue brusher.

this just perpetuates the elitism that "idm" fans exhibit when talking about something unrelated to the purpose of this forum.

way to go assholes

Guest theSun

you sound like a non-tongue brusher.

way to go assholes

whatever.

Medications that commonly cause hairy tongue include antibiotics, anti-psychotics, anti-depressants, and anti-cholinergic agents. Other causes include smoking, alcohol, the use of mouthwashes, exposure to radiation therapy and sucking dick.

just shows you eh? you buy mouthwash cos your tongue's hairy, and you keep having to buy more cos it's not going away, and you're caught in an endless cycle of buying mouthwash when all you have to do is stop buying mouthwash and drink more water.

i have noticed drinking lots of water keeps the tongue hair at bay without brushing.

Archived