IGNORED

Hurricane Irene

Soloman Tump

we are supposed to get 9 inches of water in a 12 hour period starting tonight. i have an outdoor wedding to go to today, lol. going to party my ass off and try to sleep through a lot of the storm so im not obsessively checking the trees around my house.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

data, they are what you would call "super walmarts", that basically have everything under the sun...sorta like a costcos or summat.

ive officially been in the hurricane for 3 hours, and slept through the damn thing...flooding could be a problem though, we live a few hundred yards away from a river.

the wind is almost nonexistent. im in the very southern tip of Maryland right now next to the Bay. a solid steady rain though.

the one thing that is pissing me off is the tornado warnings...now extended for another 14 hours.

NYC has had some beautiful light rain but nothing serious so far. They shut down all public transit at noon today. Every time I see a TV it's one of 3 people freaking out about the storm.

the news is really fucking annoying me...ever wonder why they don't report on the areas that the hurricane has now passed? probably because minimal damage would ruin their narrative.

does anyone remember that news clip where the reporter is rowing a kayak in a street flooded with about 5 inches of water? That was one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life.

they sell guns at walmart? so weird.

i'm pretty sure they're the biggest firearm supplier in the US, and have been for a long time.

i always thought walmart was a big ass grocery chain. never been to one though, so food and guns seemed like a weird combination.

food and guns are the american dream, sir

Off I go to work at a Hotel where we are expected to have tons of Delayed flight from the Hurricane coming in with Food Vouchers so they can wreck our restaurant.

P.S. I'm a waiter at said restaurant.

FML.

Wish me luck guys.

honestly the media coverage of this is a lot scarier than the actual thing.

South Carolina UPDATE

• Tropical Storm Warnings Issued from Edisto Beach north to Little River Inlet
  • Beach Erosion: Reported at high tide Friday evening on Edisto Island and Folly Beach
  • Downtown Charleston: Reported 49 mph wind gust just before noon Friday
  • Power Outages: About 5,000 customers without power along coast late Friday morning as outer bands of storm approach
  • Property Damage: Outer bands of Irene knocked trees on to houses near Florence

:mellow:

thats what i figured...would definitely lose the weather channel viewers if they did keep up the image of a New England Hurricane Andrew type mega-catastrophe.

[youtubehd]8slEPV9LyS0[/youtubehd]

which is bullshit because honestly id like to know how the carolinas are doing, the area that it has passed....we are about 3 hours from the center of the storm and there is no flooding.

i'm in the eastern panhandle of WV, the most i'll be seeing is a few strong winds and lots of rain. still, we can use the rain; it's always welcome in my book.

hope everyone affected will be ok/have positive/spiritual/awe-inspiring experiences, etc.

anything is going to seem weak compared to what happened with Katrina. people are starving for destruction. including me. can't wait for it to hit NYC. this is the first time I've watched the news voluntarily for years.

thats what i figured...would definitely lose the weather channel viewers if they did keep up the image of a New England Hurricane Andrew type mega-catastrophe.

[youtubehd]8slEPV9LyS0[/youtubehd]

hilarious

Archived