IGNORED

The Dutch To Reclassify High-Strength Cannabis

Redruth

Guest maantecaaa!!!

Damn dude, i'm really sorry to hear that. When you get JUST the right amount of an edible, it can be REALLY nice. But when it's too much, it's too much and there's nothing you can do about it. It's like a slow drip of thc in your stomach. At least if you've smoked too much you can walk it off or drink some juice.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i definitely do not eat the stuff anymore for that reason. i've had very similar experiences. it's not fun ! but, like the above said, just the right amount of edible can be far better than smoking. i really dig eating a brownie and an hour later discovering that i'm high. too much fun.

though not so much as of late. actually, i can pass a drug test now with no problem. i haven't been interested in anything, specifically marijuana, for quite a while now. this has been going on for almost 6 years now. i just don't have an interest anymore. though i still think it smells amazing and was dealing it last year when i had some extra money to spend on making a little extra money. but i haven't smoked it in ages. i think it's because i've been moving around so much, living in between lives, so to speak/have a lot going on right now. i could definitely see picking it back up when other things in my life are more settled down.

since picking up two jobs, i haven't even been drinking that much. but, i'm drinking now, and it's awesome.

Damn dude, i'm really sorry to hear that. When you get JUST the right amount of an edible, it can be REALLY nice. But when it's too much, it's too much and there's nothing you can do about it. It's like a slow drip of thc in your stomach. At least if you've smoked too much you can walk it off or drink some juice.

right. Sad thing was I had two friends with me, and both of them said they didn't want any of the cake, so I ate it all. If we had split it 3 ways I'm guessing it would have been unpleasant but tolerable.

have you guys ever tried "legal highs"?

can't really remember how strong they were in the past, but there's some stuff right now in romania that will wreck your head. 2 - 3 puffs and you're well baked, like after smoking a whole joint by yourself. only lasts for 30 mins to an hour or so.

really really REALLY dangerous shit, i've tried it and it's... wow. NEVER AGAIN (really dubious high)

lots of kids (really young, from 13-14 years upwards) smoke it where i live... and i think it's the same thing all over somania. i wonder what will become of them.

it's sad, really...

Guest AnEagleInYourMind

Yeah, I heard all these policies start going into effect next year. Looks like I chose the right time to study here...

The interesting thing about all these 'I got too high and it should be banned' stories is that, by making the substances illegal, it becomes even more difficult to know what kind of high you might be getting into. More education and understanding is the key to this imo - banning high potency drugs won't stop kids from doing them, they'll just be doing them with less of an idea about what they're getting into.

this applies to all drugs btw, not just weed tits

WE SHOULD BAN LIQUOR BECAUSE IT HAS DEADLY ALCOHOL CONTENT!

BAN WATER FOR IT'S DEADLY HYDROGEN CONTENT!!!! YOU CAN"T EVEN BREATHE HYDROGEN AND WATER IS TWO THIRDS DEADLY HYDROGEN!!!!!!!

DEADLY

prolonged alcohol abuse can affect mental heath too, very much so (and obviously physical health). but alcohol has culinary uses and there's cocktails, etc. artisan beer, wine, sherries, whiskeys. there are also a lot of moderate drinkers. it can't be banned. not saying there aren't casual weed smokers too but yeah. don't forget that strong Absinthe was banned..

WE SHOULD BAN LIQUOR BECAUSE IT HAS DEADLY ALCOHOL CONTENT!

BAN WATER FOR IT'S DEADLY HYDROGEN CONTENT!!!! YOU CAN"T EVEN BREATHE HYDROGEN AND WATER IS TWO THIRDS DEADLY HYDROGEN!!!!!!!

DEADLY

Basically. When you have many young people admitted to hospital with alcohol poisoning, some dying, each week. And then many old people with serious physical ailments caused by a lifetime of alcohol abuse, also dying. And you don't control this substance, but think that high dose THC products should be removed from sale, because of the odd bad trip or psychosis in the already mentally unstable who're just hunting around for a tipping point. This doesn't make sense.

In other words, the government can fuck right off, or change tack and focus on education programs. I mean they also let young people drive cars, and some of them use these machines of death to kill themselves and other road users. Some things in life carry risk. So work to help inform people of these risks, so that they can move forward with better understanding.

Perhaps also, you should not allow headshops to bake brownies with whatever dose they want in them. There should be a strength guide for the consumers protection. But no outright banning.

Guest tv_party

I don't like the high from eating it. it tripped me out a bit too that way. not as easy to regulate the intensity as smoking.

Another observation/anecdote: I had a medical weed card for 3 years in California. A few times i'd buy high potency edibles and give them to my friends. Every single time, I told them, 'this is really strong, just eat a quarter at a time, trust me on this, i've tried it'. And then EVERY SINGLE TIME they would eat the whole thing and then have an awful, overwhelming experience.

this was my situation. Ate an entire space cake in Amsterdam after not having smoked anything for about 6 months. It literally blew my brains out, I was up for 6 hrs straight, pacing around in circles, completely mental. And I'm no drug newbie. Managed to get my flight back to the US, where I promptly had a nervous breakdown, then went through a prolonged period of depression and panic attacks. Could only work a part-time job. Really life-changing event.

The main problem with those edibles being that they have to digest and you don't know what you're getting into for quite a while.... smoking it then you're game in seconds.

I think there should be wider education about those edibles...

I don't agree with what they want to do. Education is the way forward.

if you'd known that the edibles roll like this and that it really isn't smart to eat such a large quantity, especially after going half a year without smoking. Then perhaps you wouldn't have eaten such a large quantity so willingly.

sad to hear such an event happened.

Education is key, then someone who is in the same position as you will not repeat the same mistake...

Another observation/anecdote: I had a medical weed card for 3 years in California. A few times i'd buy high potency edibles and give them to my friends. Every single time, I told them, 'this is really strong, just eat a quarter at a time, trust me on this, i've tried it'. And then EVERY SINGLE TIME they would eat the whole thing and then have an awful, overwhelming experience.

this was my situation. Ate an entire space cake in Amsterdam after not having smoked anything for about 6 months. It literally blew my brains out, I was up for 6 hrs straight, pacing around in circles, completely mental. And I'm no drug newbie. Managed to get my flight back to the US, where I promptly had a nervous breakdown, then went through a prolonged period of depression and panic attacks. Could only work a part-time job. Really life-changing event.

The main problem with those edibles being that they have to digest and you don't know what you're getting into for quite a while.... smoking it then you're game in seconds.

I think there should be wider education about those edibles...

I don't agree with what they want to do. Education is the way forward.

if you'd known that the edibles roll like this and that it really isn't smart to eat such a large quantity, especially after going half a year without smoking. Then perhaps you wouldn't have eaten such a large quantity so willingly.

sad to hear such an event happened.

Education is key, then someone who is in the same position as you will not repeat the same mistake...

Indeed. If you had thought it was going to be full on in the same way that you consider not overdosing on heroin or having your heart explode with too much coke. You may have taken a step back. And if not, you were the one holding the loaded gun to your head, in full knowledge of the consequences.

1) I do think very high content thc weed/hash should be regulated. I think weed/hash oil in edibles (brownies and what have you) should be regulated.

2) I also believe smoking regularly at a young age (early teens) should be warned against.

yeah I'm with you here. I don't like not knowing the dosage of ANYTHING. I have heard horror stories like yours from edibles (though not as severe). I like a low dosage and am very specific about how much I want, and I don't like the "stony" effects of eating, so I stay away from edibles.

I hope one day it's as regulated as beer. THC content listed on the tin or whatever. 21 & up is fine, if 15 year olds are prosecuted for smoking I don't think that's bad. I'm glad I didn't smoke at that age.

I have had some pretty psychotic periods while smoking, but at a time when I was having bad issues anyway. I think the smoking made it harder for me to distract myself from my head problems. When I finally started working through my stuff, it helped me with that. In my case it was a matter of intention.

They shouldn't prosecute children for drinking, let alone smoking. That's police state talking. Sure you should confiscate (although in the home the parents should decide), but not give them a record which can effect their future for nothing more than a willingness to party.

1) I do think very high content thc weed/hash should be regulated. I think weed/hash oil in edibles (brownies and what have you) should be regulated.

2) I also believe smoking regularly at a young age (early teens) should be warned against.

yeah I'm with you here. I don't like not knowing the dosage of ANYTHING. I have heard horror stories like yours from edibles (though not as severe). I like a low dosage and am very specific about how much I want, and I don't like the "stony" effects of eating, so I stay away from edibles.

I hope one day it's as regulated as beer. THC content listed on the tin or whatever. 21 & up is fine, if 15 year olds are prosecuted for smoking I don't think that's bad. I'm glad I didn't smoke at that age.

I have had some pretty psychotic periods while smoking, but at a time when I was having bad issues anyway. I think the smoking made it harder for me to distract myself from my head problems. When I finally started working through my stuff, it helped me with that. In my case it was a matter of intention.

sensible post. I don't understand some people here starting up the "don't ban it!!" chant - no-one here (not even the Dutch) are saying ban it outright. I don't see their laws as having any "moral majority" element as they would in the states, it's purely practical - help keep the idiot tourists from mucking up their country, and doing harm to themselves (and also, young/naive Dutch folks, if there are any). Makes sense to me.

okay so i'm dutch right, and i dont go to the coffeeshops---i just get slabs of moroccan from my neighbour :sup:

i bet there will be more folks switching to the unofficial channels. government suckas should have legalized & taxed & streamlined this grey area business a LONG time ago. there's this saying "het halve werk" which means "the half work" or "the half mile" -- either you keep the whole shindig illegal and in the proper-hard-drugs-circuit, OR you go the full mile and have quality control (and i mean real quality control--test every last gram on its purity levels!). none of this half-way shit---suckas be pussyfooting!

Soon you'll be able to plug things into your phones which will have lab chips on them that can test the potency of your gear. So it would be cheaper than the growers realise to implement this kind of system.

sensible post. I don't understand some people here starting up the "don't ban it!!" chant - no-one here (not even the Dutch) are saying ban it outright. I don't see their laws as having any "moral majority" element as they would in the states, it's purely practical - help keep the idiot tourists from mucking up their country, and doing harm to themselves (and also, young/naive Dutch folks, if there are any). Makes sense to me.

the thing is, it just don't work like that. you can drink beer here at 16, liqour at 18. but there's plenty of 17 year olds that get tanked off just beer. dried psilocybin mushrooms are illegal, but 'fresh' tampenesis are legal & all over the place. 15%+ thc weed is banned but 12% weed is available at every next streetcorner.

this arbitrary 15% line ain't practical at all. like 277 said, there's no way to enforce this kind of upper limit unless you involve some serious lab work (heavy duty GC/MS analysis--ain't doing that on yer phone Chen). it's just pussyfooting appeasement-tactics & ppl round these here parts don't like having a buncha pussyfooters drawing arbitrary lines, pardner

also, as a dutchman, i'm saying BAN the (grey-area) sale of ALL drugs. no half measures, no random limits. invest in education and not in medical/psychiatric care, and/or drug-testing. GENTLY ban it. don't pull out the police batons, just discourage the use. IF you have to give off a signal, then give off a strong signal, don't become the Spineless State.

true punters will acquire, test, and handle their drugs with due care.

I'm not really a fan of a state run lab system to test potency. Seems like that kind of thing would be so expensive that it would drive small players out of the market. Something that only corporates could afford to comply with.

With alcohol it's easy to measure. So this isn't an issue in that industry. So i do hope that in the long run (i know that it's not happening exactly tomorrow iep), in the long run we will have access to quick potency scales.

Archived