IGNORED

The Dutch To Reclassify High-Strength Cannabis

Redruth

BULL FUCKING SHIT ASSHOLE RIGHT WING SKKKUMFUCKS RUIN EVERYTHING its ok to take millions of script pills breathe oil /diesel filled exhaust everday drink poisoned water with rocket fuel and all kinds of other shit eat contaminated produce that can kill you but smoke some weed? no way it's illegal every where
jesus every time you post you just make yourself look dumber. weed in the wild has never had the THC levels that the weed in holland has i've literally seen it send people insane and into psychiatric care it is as engineered as any genetic engineering source: lived in holland for three years, and smoked pretty much constantly

iived in rotterdam and amsterdam and i think you are full of shit sonny

as for my intellect go love yourself you little trichome

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Iain C

to be fair i don't think yikes was saying that high-strength weed is natural

just that it's not a big deal

which it isn't really

and it's as "engineered" as a banana

if it made sense to ban weed over a certain % THC, you might as well ban whiskey for being stronger than beer

although maybe the 80% abv "stroh" rum from austria that my housemate brought out for his birthday last night should be banned.

it should certainly be poured down the sink.

as for when we'll have a sensible drugs policy - never. stoners better get used to it. when i was a precocious weed-smoking teenager ten years ago i was convinced it would be legal by now, that society's views were changing... since then it's been an authoritarian backwards slide (just like a lot of politics).

it doesn't mean you can't smoke weed. it really is a remarkably easy law to break.

The Dutch government is reclassifying high-strength cannabis to put it in the same category as hard drugs. It says the

amount of the main active chemical in the drug, THC, has gone up, making it far more potent than a generation ago.

areyouserious.jpg

you're not going to drink whisky out of a beer-glass, are you?

so if you are smoking the strong stuff, just smoke less, right?!

Guest 277: 930-933

I love how Opstelten is somehow under the assumption that "a lot of shops already display THC amounts on their menus" and thinks that this will make the new law easy to enforce.

Never ever in my 10 years of being a huge slacker pothead (the pothead days are behind me now) have I seen this, nor have any of my many druggy friends.

It's an assumption, it's not based on any research and it's constantly being used as an argument.

It's the constant display of incompetence and lacking sense of reality that's bothering me about this, don't really care about the actual law.

Dutch politics is so ridiculous now, for me the symbolic point where it all really started going downhill was when the term "jip en janneke taal" was first used which was just a blatant endorsement for populism.

Just because most people are too stupid to understand/not interested enough in politics doesn't mean you have to lower yourselves to their level.

Read this recently:

"It is known around the world for one reason and one reason only, the Chapel Street Clinic used to give away drugs – not methadone or conventional pharmaceuticals, but legally-prescribed heroin and crack cocaine."

http://www.runcornandwidnesweeklynews.co.uk/runcorn-widnes-news/runcorn-widnes-local-news/2010/08/19/dr-john-marks-talks-about-the-controversial-harm-reduction-drug-treatment-programme-in-widnes-55368-27086372/

i don't smoke anymore because its a waste of money and bad for me lungs. But honestly, i would like the ability to smoke a joint once a month or so if i wanted to, not be tested for drugs randomly every month regardless of my job performance.

BULL FUCKING SHIT ASSHOLE RIGHT WING SKKKUMFUCKS RUIN EVERYTHING

its ok to take millions of script pills

breathe oil /diesel filled exhaust everday

drink poisoned water with rocket fuel and all kinds of other shit

eat contaminated produce that can kill you

but smoke some weed?

no way

it's illegal every where

fixed

Guest kineaesth

i've literally seen it send people insane and into psychiatric care

man let me tell you about a story about the other night, me and some bros were partying really hard and then my friend buddy Jimmy he took a chronic dope hit of some dank Dutch buds and suddenly! BAM! Cutting his wrists, shoosting civilians, he hijacked an ambulance and crashed it in to an asylum and got himself in to a straightjacket and now he's pretty chill but still a bit wacky

i've literally seen it send people insane and into psychiatric care

yes. It did for me, took me 4 years to get my life back to some semblance of normal. This is long overdue in my opinion, the highest-strength hash space cakes they sell in Amsterdam are more dangerous than lsd imo.

any abused substance can send certain people insane and into psychiatric care

This is my personal experience. I think weed may point out or even exacerbate existing problems but it's never been the root of mine.

That said, I'm sorry to lumpenprol & kaini. Psych issues suck balls.

It's hilarious how gullible some people are that they will grab on anything they can to try to convince others that "legalize it" is alright, I guess it's hip or something to mention Portugal all the time as a success story because it's a small country and most people don't know anything about it. And before you jump on me, I'm all for legalizing all the drugs but I just wished people would take a serious stance and check actual facts and studies before copy/pasting the same bs story of the decriminalization of drugs in Portugal. As an anecdote, they're constantly arresting old ladies for planting cannabis here lol.

This is my personal experience. I think weed may point out or even exacerbate existing problems but it's never been the root of mine.

I appreciate the sentiment and all that. But I think most of you guys are as naive as I was before my little "experience." I'd done shrooms, acid...this was worse than a bad trip on either of them. It's popular to blame the user for not handling their shit, but listen, really listen to what Kaini said. He *lived there* for 3 years and saw things firsthand. I talked to a non-profit agency there after I'd had my experience and they told me space cake overdoses were a serious issue. I think there is *unique* risk of psychiatric issues due to very potent weed, at least ingested orally. Moreso than with any other psychoactive drug I've tried. You guys can continue to go "la la la" because you want weed legalized so badly (and in general I'm pro-legalization), but you're all seeing this the wrong way. Instead of seeing it as a crackdown on freedom, I think it's Holland's attempt to protect tourists from themselves based on years of first-hand, gritty experience.

budy of mine was saying lots of good stuff about mexican weed, like a romantic kind of viewpoint, that you could smoke a complete joint and just be like 'nice' and the aroma and what not, lol.. truthfully, shit we have here is like tripping balls sometimes after three tokes. had a period I was smoking that stuff on a daily basis, and it was not that good. was thinking at one point they were lacing it with some kind of stuff to get me hooked, hows that for paranoid hehe.

this whole soft drug policy is nothing more then the goverment saying "good doggy" anyway.

I appreciate the sentiment and all that. But I think most of you guys are as naive as I was before my little "experience." I'd done shrooms, acid...this was worse than a bad trip on either of them. It's popular to blame the user for not handling their shit, but listen, really listen to what Kaini said. He *lived there* for 3 years and saw things firsthand. I talked to a non-profit agency there after I'd had my experience and they told me space cake overdoses were a serious issue. I think there is *unique* risk of psychiatric issues due to very potent weed, at least ingested orally. Moreso than with any other psychoactive drug I've tried. You guys can continue to go "la la la" because you want weed legalized so badly (and in general I'm pro-legalization), but you're all seeing this the wrong way. Instead of seeing it as a crackdown on freedom, I think it's Holland's attempt to protect tourists from themselves based on years of first-hand, gritty experience.

this is an endless discussion that i don't really want to get into that deep. IMO, in the end, it really is up to the user and how and what shit they handle. strong stuff should come with warnings. i, for one, don't like to get shitfaced and get knocked off my feet from any kind of 'drug' (alcohol, weed etc.).

the way i see it, it's exactly the same way some casual drinker would want to stay off shit like absinthe or stroh or whatever.

i do agree with the control of strong weed-based products like cakes (never tried any of these btw) and other edible stuff, and i think there should be some regulation regarding heavily engineered strains with ridiculous amounts of thc, but in a different way than it's currently considered.

anyways, what i was saying is that any substance, abused in any way, can and will lead certain people into serious problems (psych or otherwise). kinda a 'captain obvious' thing to say, but i was just pointing it out in reference to what kaini said about his experience.

Guest maantecaaa!!!

The biggest problem with the drug war is the sheer amount of misinformation by both sides. When you first try weed you realize how overstated the risks are in 'traditional' drug education. Then you assume that you can just smoke all the time and there won't be any harm. Like anything else, if there's an up side, there will be a corresponding down side.

I think weed should be legal but people have to start being honest with themselves that you can't smoke this shit daily for a long time with no deleterious effects. Pretty much every single person I know that smokes frequently/daily(and i've been an on again, off again, mostly on again smoker) show a strong lack of motivation and has mood issues(myself included). I've recently quit(for the time being probably, sigh)and i've seen nothing but good effects. My thinking is clearer, i'm more social and engaged with people, more motivated, better mood, etc.

Peter Stafford, the author of the Psychedelics Encyclopedia said that weed is one of the worst psychedelics because there is no immediate aftereffects to help you regulate your use. If you have an intense acid or shroom trip, the next day you feel so blown out that you don't want to do it for a while.

My 2 cents from a weed vet.

exactly. There is now such a pro-weed movement it actually obscures some of the downsides. I don't think "lack of motivation" needs a warning label, but I would list two warnings:

1) I do think very high content thc weed/hash should be regulated. I think weed/hash oil in edibles (brownies and what have you) should be regulated. And by this I mean, at the very least, a warning label. At the highest concentrations it's not even really weed any more...more like bad acid. And unlike getting blackout drunk, it can have profound, lingering effects...

2) I also believe smoking regularly at a young age (early teens) should be warned against. I saw a few of my younger bro's friends go mental off of smoking weed. Don't think it's good for the developing brain.

Guest maantecaaa!!!

Another observation/anecdote: I had a medical weed card for 3 years in California. A few times i'd buy high potency edibles and give them to my friends. Every single time, I told them, 'this is really strong, just eat a quarter at a time, trust me on this, i've tried it'. And then EVERY SINGLE TIME they would eat the whole thing and then have an awful, overwhelming experience. These people were college graduates, not just random losers.

So labeling/reclassifying high strength weed? SURE. If people really need stronger weed, they can grow it themselves. The true connosieurs would do that anyways and the seeds are readily available.

Guest fiznuthian

I got to try some butane hash oil that was around 90%+ THC, 93 I believe the other day.

And uh, after coughing nonstop for several minutes and feeling like a mild acid trip, I was perfectly okay and was in a good mood the entire time.

28% too high? Fuck off!

actually I doubt it was 90% but god DAMN it was strong.. hit like a freight train and took 5 seconds before i was bloodshot and probably too high to do anything but sit there.

i barely even inhaled at first and was coughing violently

still not dangerous though

Another observation/anecdote: I had a medical weed card for 3 years in California. A few times i'd buy high potency edibles and give them to my friends. Every single time, I told them, 'this is really strong, just eat a quarter at a time, trust me on this, i've tried it'. And then EVERY SINGLE TIME they would eat the whole thing and then have an awful, overwhelming experience.

this was my situation. Ate an entire space cake in Amsterdam after not having smoked anything for about 6 months. It literally blew my brains out, I was up for 6 hrs straight, pacing around in circles, completely mental. And I'm no drug newbie. Managed to get my flight back to the US, where I promptly had a nervous breakdown, then went through a prolonged period of depression and panic attacks. Could only work a part-time job. Really life-changing event.

Archived