IGNORED

The Dutch To Reclassify High-Strength Cannabis

Redruth

What are those high-potency weed types that are causing this? Back when I regularly crossed the border for the coffee shops (1 or 2 years ago), we always bought the most expensive stuff because of the weight limit. And sure it's potent, but I wouldn't call it dangerous. I smoked myself into the corner of a room a few times, but it never felt close to damaging.

Looking at this thread, it seems like eating too much causes these dangerous trips.

And yeah sure there are long term effects. But if I had drank as much as I'd smoked, I would have been much worse off. Quiting weed has always been very easy for me.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From my own experience of living in a 'hedonistic' city that people come to to get off their heads, I understand why there's going to be a possible ban on tourists going to those cafes. Brighton is full of crack head/alcoholic thief/beggars/scum that ruin the city, every year we see a new batch of 'tear aways' that start off just going out and taking drugs and you see their decline, it's happened to many of my close friends that had moved here. Those sorts of tourists don't add much to the economy, they go to the cheapest lodgings and cause damage and mess.

Politicians know that solving the problem through systems such as those implemented in Portugal would help but they want to appear 'tough on drugs' to the voters, thus, a vicious cycle forms.

ah I don't believe there's any danger from the drug itself, just how/where/when/why you use it might drive you into a bad space. Anyway I hardly smoke any these days, and only when I'm around friends..... never alone... when the darkness sets in and ....... I've said too much.

Guest Adjective

have you guys ever tried "legal highs"?

can't really remember how strong they were in the past, but there's some stuff right now in romania that will wreck your head. 2 - 3 puffs and you're well baked, like after smoking a whole joint by yourself. only lasts for 30 mins to an hour or so.

really really REALLY dangerous shit, i've tried it and it's... wow. NEVER AGAIN (really dubious high)

lots of kids (really young, from 13-14 years upwards) smoke it where i live... and i think it's the same thing all over somania. i wonder what will become of them.

it's sad, really...

I had a bad experience with a THC analogue earlier this year. I had been smoking all sorts for a few months with no issues other than anxiety, which was never that bad, until...

I started out just having trouble breathing and then had trouble moving. I stumbled to the bed and then a pain in my heart got so intense that I couldn't move. I started getting an aural hallucination that synced with a physical pulsing sensation over the rest of my body. It was like my very slow (so it seemed?) heartbeat was composing all of my senses.

Briefly I felt an intense sexual arousal, like I went from discomfort to climax in a few seconds and then burst through to some other place and the arousal turned to horror.

I lost the ability to form an inner monologue. What would usually be my inner voice became a gurgling and moaning, probably just what I was doing as this was going on. I couldn't form words physically or mentally and then of course that created the sense that I was dying. I could only roll and I began kicking my leg as if to keep from losing the ability to move it.

Slowly my vision faded away while a kaleidiscopic kind of visual began fading in. It referenced everything that I had been looking at around the room. It was ornamental at first, from a neat lighting effect to actually shifting things, eventually it was like a writhing shifting pile of the room, in the air. Then the visuals stopped referencing anything that my eyes could take in and became visuals of my father shifting back and forth from boy to adult, sometimes simultaneously both. All the while the sound was still tied to all that I felt and saw, like a full sensory hallucination. It was the most terrifying / traumatic experience in my life, yet intensely beautiful.

The sound I was hearing throughout was anchored to my heartbeat and was really similar to the phantom noises one hears after quickly taking some loud headphones off and listening to the silent room. I don't know how else to describe it but it was the only thing I heard.

After my father came visions of my mother and brother. In between these was the kaleidiscopic stuff that I don't really know how to describe. Like fractal-looking patterns in motion, never really keeping an identity.

Then it got spiritual, the patterny stuff became green foliage that was pulling apart as if inviting me as I floated through it. There was the sense that I had entered a clearing in the plantlife. I was no longer enveloped in vines and leafyness, but was looking at plantlife coming from the ground rather than just filling my vision. There was a sense of god and love there and I had my first soothing moment in all the pain. But then I got scared that with this strange garden I found myself in, I was being presented with a choice to die or come back to life.

Rejecting this moment led to a flood of other imagery, like I was scouring all my memories for an alternative way out. I managed to latch on to images of my girlfriend and focused as intensely as possible on her, trying to recapture that sense of love that had brought comfort earlier in the garden. and until I finally came out of it, that's all I thought about. Eventually I was able to see again and inched toward my laptop to see her texts on the screen, and stared until I was able to read them, hoping the connection would pull me out of it completely.

I didn't tell her what happened but tried to have the most boring exchange possible, just to connect with someone else and avoid feeling anything other than normal again.

Went to work in the morning, heart felt sore for a few days. Never happened again.

this was my interpretation of the experience the next day

post-706-0-89835200-1318301506_thumb.jpg

Guest Adjective

Which analogue?

well they don't usually say which on the herbal blend bags. but it was a bag of blue "Klimax" by "Kush"

which someone wanted from me after i told them the experience, and they smoked it with no issues. I don't know if I hit a hot pocket or if it just triggered something else.

have you guys ever tried "legal highs"?

can't really remember how strong they were in the past, but there's some stuff right now in romania that will wreck your head. 2 - 3 puffs and you're well baked, like after smoking a whole joint by yourself. only lasts for 30 mins to an hour or so.

really really REALLY dangerous shit, i've tried it and it's... wow. NEVER AGAIN (really dubious high)

lots of kids (really young, from 13-14 years upwards) smoke it where i live... and i think it's the same thing all over somania. i wonder what will become of them.

it's sad, really...

I had a bad experience with a THC analogue earlier this year.

(story)

I had a very similar experience. I found myself in a bad mind and so I stupidly and illogical retreated to my bed and turned off the lights and didn't listen to music. Terrible idea. The tinnitus became deafeningly loud, as if the silence was blowing out my ears. And my heart beat so hard and fast it made my chest feel like it was burning. I actually accepted death as a possibility for awhile.

increase thc + decrease cbd = increase in broken minds.

would you please expand upon that?

http://en.wikipedia....oid#Cannabidiol

aye that... genetically modified weed has the thc levels ramped up to create that sledgehammer stone with little thought to the plant's naturally occuring, in-built leveller.

I find it funny that people claim cannabis is stronger in this generation when Charles Baudelaire was eating giant gobs of hash back in the 1800's and tripping balls. I suppose strong bud is more common these days. Hash, though, has always been a lot stronger than 15% so would it be reclassified I wonder...

ingesting anything without limits is stupid. if you know anything about eating weed (which i don't) it's that you can stuff far more thc into your system.

not to poke at lumen, but what he did was pretty fucking stupid, especially if he had experience with baked goods. if your body isn't used to having weed for 6 months, then it was stuffed with probably a 1/4 o of really nice stuff....

that said, i'm all for regulation of the stuff. psychotic episodes indicate either extremely low tolerance or extremely high dose, but this is the extreme case and usually due to lack of education.

i'm still waiting to hear about anyone who has died from weed

tried to link some chart but epic fail

ahh eating thc is a fickle beast and calls for a bit of experience for sure.. it IS my preferred route of administration and i usually do it by eye, cutting up a piece of hash and dissolving it in some butter. once every few times i overshoot the mark and start walking next to my own shoes aye? and these synthetic cannabinoids are a whole nother can of worms. some of them are REAL potent. i had a gram of am2201 last year---pretty neat to sprinkle some over yer joint and get mongo, but on its own it lacked the "balanced spectrum" of natural greenery. alkaloids in counterpoint yo! i'd like to share a spliff with keltoi.

Archived