IGNORED

Love 7

sergeantk

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good thread for once!

big up Aphex.

fuck all those stoopid Analord ripp-off clones.

Yes I agree. And I can always tell when its the real deal, cause theres always that signature factor that drives everything he makes to be so powerful... even when it is obvious hes just fucking around he still knows what hes doing better than all these bedroom musicians.

good thread for once!

big up Aphex.

Yes I agree. And I can always tell when its the real deal, cause theres always that signature factor that drives everything he makes to be so powerful... even when it is obvious hes just fucking around he still knows what hes doing better than all these bedroom musicians.

the irony. lol.. aphex always has a melody. he has a good sense of melody. seems to be what the mortal beings making clones leave out. its always there. a bass line. percussion combined with something else. it always creates a little melody.

3 Notes Con

I was so excited when this was released because I had listened to the live version over and over and it sounded so epic and lush, hard sync pads, squeeling layers growing over time.

Hell yea

This got a DJ set outing pre-release didn't it?

not any on _released_ live recordings ... from all the ones out there, he didnt play it until after webreleased.

i love love 7 :smile:. he first played it at atp 2007, release christmas 2010 ^^...

good thread for once!

big up Aphex.

the irony. lol.. aphex always has a melody. he has a good sense of melody. seems to be what the mortal beings making clones leave out. its always there. a bass line. percussion combined with something else. it always creates a little melody.

nothing wrong with bedroom musicians and/or people with a small studio space and/or budget equipment.

what is wrong, tho, imo, is the hundreds of Analord/Aphex in general, clones and rip-offs.

but it's mostly Analord and Tuss immitators that you hear more than anything else,.. it's just way beyond boring now!

i don't think there are anywhere near enough people producing analord/tuss style music of a sufficient quality. there are sure a lot of people making very bad attempts (i may be one of these, hardly get any feedback on my tunes these days so not sure what people think any more...) but i have absolutely no problem with anybody "ripping off" the style/sound - to me it's just a new direction braindance has taken in the last few years, not something specifically reserved for RDJ. emulation and being strongly influenced by something is nothing to be ashamed of anyway - especially if the influence is someone as well-regarded as AFX. hell, a lot of already established artists are also "copying" the tuss style too. i dunno, i want more EOD, Impakt, Th'Idiot, Fah, Monolith, Rotodrone, Automatic Tasty, Jodey Kendrick etc - lay it on thick!

i don't think there are anywhere near enough people producing analord/tuss style music of a sufficient quality. there are sure a lot of people making very bad attempts (i may be one of these, hardly get any feedback on my tunes these days so not sure what people think any more...) but i have absolutely no problem with anybody "ripping off" the style/sound - to me it's just a new direction braindance has taken in the last few years, not something specifically reserved for RDJ. emulation and being strongly influenced by something is nothing to be ashamed of anyway - especially if the influence is someone as well-regarded as AFX. hell, a lot of already established artists are also "copying" the tuss style too. i dunno, i want more EOD, Impakt, Th'Idiot, Fah, Monolith, Rotodrone, Automatic Tasty, Jodey Kendrick etc - lay it on thick!

Jodey Kendrick and Monolith are really good, tho. they don't sound like (Analord) immitaors (to me). they sound 'proper'. and this is probably why they've been signed to Rephlex!, whereas most everybody else who's riding the so-called new direction of Braindance, with their laptops and a copy of Fruityloops/Ableton Live, haven't? i dunno.

i haven't heard much/any of the others you mention. but i know Impakt and Th'Idiot are WATMMers, right?

never heard of the others before.

yeah Impakt and Th'Idiot are watmmers (btw Analord/Tuss clones are not by any means their only forte)... as is EOD (on here as noise) and Fah (on here as Fahz0r). The others have releases on The Centrifuge (so does Th'Idiot actually) which is a cool net label which offers free musics. JK and Monolith are really good I agree! Definitely strongly influenced by the Analord/Tuss sound though, you can't deny that... they just do it really well. I reckon they all use RDJ's studio :shuriken:

Well, to fend my own sword; I produce a lot of different stuff. I consider myself mainly influenced by Drexciya, Ceephax and Clark actually. I have released a fair bit of material on decent labels such as Breakin' Records, Solar One Music, Unhoerbar etc, which I'm quite happy about. Some of my stuff has been in the analordian braindance style, but I haven't really done anything tusslike(except for The Tuss).

yeah Impakt and Th'Idiot are watmmers (btw Analord/Tuss clones are not by any means their only forte)... as is EOD (on here as noise) and Fah (on here as Fahz0r). The others have releases on The Centrifuge (so does Th'Idiot actually) which is a cool net label which offers free musics. JK and Monolith are really good I agree! Definitely strongly influenced by the Analord/Tuss sound though, you can't deny that... they just do it really well. I reckon they all use RDJ's studio :shuriken:

I deny it! ;P

i'd say they just sound like really good Electronic/Braindance/Techno creators with that nice warm analoggy sound, in places. and a bit of an influence of Aphex Twin (in general) and Drukqs going on.

not specifically Analord/Tuss.

maybe that's where a lot of people go wrong. they focus only on Anal rod and T'Tuss a bit too much and try and emmulate that. maybe they think 'hey i could do this!'... so they try and copy it but it ends up sounding like the electronic version of watered down lager. weak piss. ie. Foster's.

* Anal rod - Firefox spelling correction!

maybe that's where a lot of people go wrong. they focus only on Anal rod and T'Tuss a bit too much.

i definitely do this lol, but i just love the style so much. i can't get enough...

it also happens/used to happen with Autechre's music around the late 90's/early 2000's. - millions of minion immitators. - some really really good, but mostly all shite.

- millions of minion immitators. - some really really good, but mostly all shite.

you are too optimistic for the amount of listeners, let alone imitators of these styles :P

it is natural for imitators to exist in such an environment, particularly when such people are prone to funny games on the internet themselves and seem to enjoy watching the fakes bounce about.

a lot of folks you enjoy ala Kendrick, Monolith etc cut teeth with such things....

Granted a lot of what I have heard fake track wise isn't encouraging but some are pretty decent, the most recent Tuss lot on here (for example in that last thread all the "unreleased Tuss" stuff was just Jodey Kendricks youtube channel)

I'd rather people tried being imitators of this sort of style and eventually become good through hard work, maybe discovering more of their own sounds/style on the way in comparison to the much larger majority which just sits and makes what sounds like really soul-less boring music (see your thousands upon thousands of house/techno/dubstep lads churning out remixes/other boring trite and then sending everyone on the planet soundcloud messages asking if you can listen even though you swear you've never even heard of their name before let alone have anything to do with them...)

people don't start off being excellent at the music makings, gotta work on that shit for quite a while :trashbear:

:)

I wouldn't really see these tracks coming up as a bad thing.... rather that someone out there likes the styles and if they keep working at it we might get some new gems ;) (I'm pretty sure there has to be some Skam lads that got involved via Autechre fakes in the same sense that there are plenty of lads on Rephlex camp who got involved via fakes)

maybe I'm just being too optimistic/not hating enough :emotawesomepm9:

- millions of minion immitators. - some really really good, but mostly all shite.

you are too optimistic for the amount of listeners, let alone imitators of these styles :P

obv. i was just exaggerating for effect.

Granted a lot of what I have heard fake track wise isn't encouraging but some are pretty decent, the most recent Tuss lot on here (for example in that last thread all the "unreleased Tuss" stuff was just Jodey Kendricks youtube channel)

i've not looked at that thread. was put off just by the title.

I wouldn't really see these tracks coming up as a bad thing.... rather that someone out there likes the styles and if they keep working at it we might get some new gems ;) (I'm pretty sure there has to be some Skam lads that got involved via Autechre fakes in the same sense that there are plenty of lads on Rephlex camp who got involved via fakes)

it's a bad thing when most of what you hear is rubbish, and then the whole 'thing' just becomes annoying. to the point where you don't even bother/want to look at threads title "Unreleased Tuss", because you think it will more than likely be a bunch of poor attempts/crappy, half-arsed Tuss fakes.

maybe I'm just being too optimistic/not hating enough :emotawesomepm9:

too optimistic.

where are you hearing most of the bad copies sirch? i can't find enough of any sort of fakes (bad or good) as I said...

well Macca brought in the word "fakes"... i was just on about rip-off's, clones, wannabe's, etc. etc.

not people actually doing Tuss/Analord fakes and saying 'this is the Tuss', or labelling it as "Tuss"..

not that that is 'ok' either, tho...

but basically it's, or was, myspace. and from there, various net labels. now it's soundcloud, and various net labels.

that's where i've heard it. but i avoid most of all that now tho just cos it annoys me, tbh.

but i like JK, and if he's done some Tuss fakes, well... i wouldn't mind listening to those! :)

none of those kendrick youtubes purport to be the tuss though do they?

wasn't it the watmm topic starter merely speculating on the origins of that material?

has there been any "tuss fakes" put out anywhere other than myspace circa 2007?

^ idk + don't care enough to continue discussing this topic...

it is (and the other "Unreleased Tuss" thread) a brain-drain/waste of time.

each to their own.

repect to Mr Kendrick.

pea's out.

Archived