QBLA

Seedbed is a performance piece first performed by Vito Acconci on 15–29 January 1972 at Sonnabend Gallery in New York.

A low wooden ramp merging with the floor - it extends across the width of the room, beginning two feet up the side of one wall and slanting down to the middle of the floor. Acconci lay hidden underneath the ramp installed at the Sonnabend Gallery, masturbating. The artist's spoken fantasies about the visitors walking above him were heard through loudspeakers in the gallery.

[1]"In this legendary sculpture/performance Acconci lay beneath a ramp built in the Sonnabend Gallery. Over the course of three weeks, he masturbated eight hours a day while murmuring things like, "You're pushing your cunt down on my mouth" or "You're ramming your cock down into my ass."

http://en.wikipedia....rmance_piece%29

i think if ur anti this art ur anti choice cuz she should choose to have here baby in the musueum just like a woman would choose to get a abortion

What's criminal about this is that she's planning to make money prostituting her kid for years to come. This performance is just the beginning.

Yves Klein was pretty wicked. The Dada performances always seemed like better ideas, but their performances were often quite boring, from what I've read.

but yeah performance art can be pretty lame.

I've walked into a studio that had some type of performance art and I said "What's going on in here?" and people turned around and gave me that cold "STFU!" stare. I saw a girl standing there shirtless talking about some weird bullshit and I said... "I'M OUT!"

If a girl is standing shirtless... I aint interested in what she's got to say. I want her to drop to her knees and *WATMM is PG rated now, so you know where I'm going*

Seedbed is a performance piece first performed by Vito Acconci on 15–29 January 1972 at Sonnabend Gallery in New York.

A low wooden ramp merging with the floor - it extends across the width of the room, beginning two feet up the side of one wall and slanting down to the middle of the floor. Acconci lay hidden underneath the ramp installed at the Sonnabend Gallery, masturbating. The artist's spoken fantasies about the visitors walking above him were heard through loudspeakers in the gallery.

[1]"In this legendary sculpture/performance Acconci lay beneath a ramp built in the Sonnabend Gallery. Over the course of three weeks, he masturbated eight hours a day while murmuring things like, "You're pushing your cunt down on my mouth" or "You're ramming your cock down into my ass."

http://en.wikipedia....rmance_piece%29

:derp:

This scene is interesting to watch in the context of the actual documentary. Frost is a very theatrical guy the entire time (the video below for example), almost comically so, to the point where when I watched this in theater I and some other audience members were rolling eyes and chuckling. It's all a put-on. By contrast, Fenriz and Varg, arguably two of the most respected black metal musicians of all time, are interviewed with no added flair. Half of Fenriz's screen time is in his messy studio apartment. Also, Frost almost falls on his ass @ 1:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6_H9vPZTk0

I hate pre-romance farts as well, you know when you're dating that one beautiful girl for the first time and let one go unwillingly. . .

The documentary is OK but I don't know man, people in youtube say he's the only one who takes the black metal thing seriously. Major LOLs at the kid in the plane.

They're right and wrong. I respect the more musician minded participants more personally, and black metal artists should, by definition, be focused on individualism. have diverse participants, because its I know what they mean though, he's trying to live the ideals and imagery of black metal, but one could say the same about Gaahl of Gorgoroth, among others.

I loved the film, even if the conclusions were a bit half-baked and it fails to sufficiently educate viewers on the background of the movement. I find it hard recommending it to people unfamiliar with the scene and its long and controversial history, and I try to suggest they read up on it or watch other docs (like Once Upon A Time In Norway).

interesting

I'll even stand up for the spaggetio girl. as stupid as it might seem it still whoops on sports for entertainment

Try thinking outside your preconceived paradigm and view sports as another form of art.

Archived