IGNORED

GTAV

Guest Gary C

i bought it on psn and have been downloading it for the past couple of hours (18gb). installing now. the weird thing is that sony still hasn't charged my account.

did you buy it on psn because you couldn't wait or because your blueray lens is also busted?

because i have enough hdd space and don't see the need for a disc (though i just realized i'll be missing out on the map and the most likely kickass manual that comes with the box). also i couldn't wait.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did anyone else buy it @ the ps store? it's 4 am over here and i still can't start the game, and for some reason sony still hasn't charged me for it. arrgh.

I installed it from disc and I'm having a lot of ridiculous pop-in which I assume is due to my default PS3 hard drive which can't keep up with the streaming. Not sure if it's faulty or fragmented but it's pretty bad. If I'm driving fast, the roads and buildings don't get streamed in fast enough and it's really hard to see where to drive. It even hangs for a second here and there which I presume is due to the IO latency. I really can't be arsed to upgrade this drive for one game. It's also terribly aliased in busy outdoor scenes. The art and tech looks great though. If I had patience I would wait for the PS4 or PC release.

The driving has become very easy and arcade. Not sure if I like it. Apart from that the first hours have been good fun.

just requested membership of WATM crew (mapspam on XBLIVE)

anyone having problems linking xblive account to rockstar social club? i get some general error message... probably servers just getting hammered

Guest bitroast

been playing all day.

it's amazing...*u*

non-watmm text i sent a little earlier re: GTA V = "It's like they went back to the originals (ViCe city and San Andreas) and realised what made them so much fun. And pumped that vibe so richly into this game. The mechanics are goofy sometimes. Almost like every decision was made with a "fuck it, it's fun" approach. It feels so good."

I installed it from disc and I'm having a lot of ridiculous pop-in which I assume is due to my default PS3 hard drive which can't keep up with the streaming. Not sure if it's faulty or fragmented but it's pretty bad. If I'm driving fast, the roads and buildings don't get streamed in fast enough and it's really hard to see where to drive. It even hangs for a second here and there which I presume is due to the IO latency. I really can't be arsed to upgrade this drive for one game. It's also terribly aliased in busy outdoor scenes. The art and tech looks great though. If I had patience I would wait for the PS4 or PC release.

The driving has become very easy and arcade. Not sure if I like it. Apart from that the first hours have been good fun.

If you don't already know, you're supposed to install one disc to the HD, the other should be played from the disc drive. Rockstar says you shouldn't install both discs to hd because of performance issues.

Guest Papillon

been playing all day.

it's amazing...*u*

non-watmm text i sent a little earlier re: GTA V = "It's like they went back to the originals (ViCe city and San Andreas) and realised what made them so much fun. And pumped that vibe so richly into this game. The mechanics are goofy sometimes. Almost like every decision was made with a "fuck it, it's fun" approach. It feels so good."

This

I installed it from disc and I'm having a lot of ridiculous pop-in which I assume is due to my default PS3 hard drive which can't keep up with the streaming.

Found a way to fix it: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-Support/Restoring-your-PS3-File-System-amp-Database-Helps-to-Maintain/td-p/37322987

Much better now.

damn, i'm really bummed my Sony PS3 decided to randomly stop reading discs after a required firmware update. Can you 'rent' consoles anywhere these days? I wonder what Best Buy's return policy is on a ps3

- wait for playstation 4 like me and weep

- download it from psn store

well, its definitely not as big as san andreas, no idea where that chat came from. initial opinion, exactly like the other GTA's, honed to perfection. played for a few hours last night but got abit bored.

really enjoying the in-car chat on missions though, flows as naturally as a film.

Archived