IGNORED

Natural Madness / Spiritual Madness

oyster

I have read Murakami, but only started reading him a couple of years ago. Some of the strange situations he writes about are similar, in that they just sort of bleed into reality in this very smooth sort of way. I know longer live in the house that had a lot of those occurrences, so no chance of video taping. The house I live in currently I've only lived in since July. Thus far, there have been no strange occurrences besides a really loud wailing sort of noise right outside my bedroom window one night. It also woke my girlfriend up. I should get a cheap video camera to keep handy the next time something weird goes on. Might be hard to catch as they tend to be brief experiences for the most part.

Madness is a matter of perception, as you say, most people aren't mad until someone else deems them as such. The things that have happened to me have occurred fairly regularly so I don't see them as alarming, only strange. My dad also says he has been visited by some kind of beings at various points in his life and they tell him certain things.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the fall of 1991 to the summer of 1997, any time I was walking alone near a wooded area, a large squid would appear at the edge of the treeline and say the following things to me:

under the cushion, down the corridor, and out of the pipe

follow the silence

avoid the branches, for they are her arms

do not talk to the bandaged one

find the...

never got the last part

*swallow and antipsychotic pill before the squid gets in*

I wanted to elaborate more with you on this topic, unfortunately, I believe I'm the bandaged one.

You know, I somehow think (this idea belongs to the realm of my delirium), that my madness has been propagated onto me by father at the moment He started to think i was drowning. I believe madness can be communicated beyond words, even though this very idea is a forbidden one for me.

So I won't talk to you anymore, i'm probably the bandaged one, or at least, one of its avatar.

Maybe this very post will trigger something bad.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.

From the fall of 1991 to the summer of 1997, any time I was walking alone near a wooded area, a large squid would appear at the edge of the treeline and say the following things to me:

under the cushion, down the corridor, and out of the pipe

follow the silence

avoid the branches, for they are her arms

do not talk to the bandaged one

find the...

never got the last part

I wanted to elaborate more with you on this topic, unfortunately, I believe I'm the bandaged one.

You know, I somehow think (this idea belongs to the realm of my delirium), that my madness has been propagated onto me by father at the moment He started to think i was drowning. I believe madness can be communicated beyond words, even though this very idea is a forbidden one for me.

So I won't talk to you anymore, i'm probably the bandaged one, or at least, one of its avatar.

I fear a language barrier has created some miscommunication between us. I never meant to suggest anything about yourself or anyone else. I was merely stated my attitudes toward the things I've experienced and heard from others. I'm always interested to hear theories or share experiences. If you feel like sharing, feel free to PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.

Don't leave French dickhead!

Maybe we can bring Gordo to thread so he can help with your elusive thought process.

oh yeah, maybe i'm giving more importance to things than I should, but I think I have an interpretation to what the squid said.

To me, patternoverlap, these visions are not hurting you because you are not deconstructing these visions, you're not trying to over-think them like I would.

When it says you must avoid branches, the squid means you shouldn't rely too much on theories (trees with branches). Interpreting things leads to being interpreted by things : don't let structures catch you for madness is a very well structured object.

Just don't give too much importance to what the squid said since if you must find the … then the … must find you. It will happen at one point in your life : if you keep flowing like water, one day or another, something will crystalize in you and that's when you'll be able to figure out what … is. Just be patient. Things are not what they seem. Just flow the silence.

at mustcontrol

yeah bring Gordo in if you want.

but what's your opinion about that squid story ? Are you like, naively adhering to the view that says only what exist externally in the physical world is real ? If so, how do you cope with phenomenons like strange attractors ? Are you ready to say the source of their emergence is external ? If so, wouldn't you try to prove the existence of God once you'd start rolling down this slope ?

yeah bring Gordo in if you want.

but what's your opinion about that squid story ? Are you like, naively adhering to the view that says only what exist externally in the physical world is real ? If so, how do you cope with phenomenons like strange attractors ? Are you ready to say the source of their emergence is external ? If so, wouldn't you try to prove the existence of God once you'd start rolling down this slope ?

* summons Gordo to thread.

- I like the story

- No

- I need to read about sets before answering this, French Dickhead.

- Idem

- God exists yes, but only in your head. If you want to 'see' him try looking at the nearest mirror.

- No (I am not naively adhering to the view that says only what exist externally in the physical world is real)

- God exists yes, but only in your head. If you want to 'see' him try looking at the nearest mirror.

Yet, I'll keep using the verb 'to exist' only to refer to the way things exist externally.

Everything exist in our heads.

also why are you calling me a dickhead ? Is there some specific reason (diachronically) ?

Babar, why are you so concentrated on strange attractors as somehow harder to comprehend than other mathematical constructs? That seems misguided. All mathematical constructs, including numbers themselves, are metaphysical. They do not physically exist (if you don't believe me, go out and find the definitive representation of the number two - not just a particular "two," but the object that encompasses all members of the set of "two things." Good luck. Remember, it has to be a physical object). That does not mean, however, that these things are necessarily somehow spiritual - they are mental constructs that work in the physical world. If anything, the idea of the square root of negative one is far more incomprehensible in the real world than something like a strange attractor (imo).

Seems to me like you've just latched onto the idea of strange attractors because you find them intriguing, and I agree with you. But they are not on some magical pedestal that is separated from the physical world - not any more than the rest of pure mathematics or any other conceptual language.

It would be in your interest, IMO, to focus on what is tangible and halt your goose chase of God. You are already incomprehensible to most of us here, and you seem to be enjoying the fact that others perceive you as "mad." If you are aiming to truly "go mad," then fine, do your thing, but you will undoubtedly meet opposition from the sober-minded each way you go; and these minds will not treat you kindly if you continue to act like a vague, nonsensical trickster with a revolutionary agenda. You've recently seemed to be touting yourself as on the brink of some brave new understanding that all others are currently incapable of grasping, but remember: a theory is only useful to humanity if it can be communicated across minds.

In short, practice clearly communicating your ideas; if you cannot do this, step back from them until you can.

I swear this forum is a magnet for dickheads.

I swear this forum is a magnet for dickheads.

He's not mad.

so that's why you're calling me a dickhead ? Obel is, as for me, … ? …

Viia, try to find the representation, (the actual phsycial representation) of a human being. *farts in the wind*

I think this week I found an attractor of strange attractors. I don't know exactly what kind of stuff it concerns, whether it's linked to the nature of my data or the way I process them, or the structure I extract them from. So far I have followed my intuition, and I have been well served. Also I'm not approaching them from the mathematical standpoint. I'm approaching them experimentally, and I think its something rare/new.

Parallelly, I'm working on the linguistic side of these attractors (wasting too much time on here). I'm currently making connections between interpretative semantics and the method of relativized conceptualization. I'm also willing to develop a mrc-based programming language (a simple super-set of objective-c, it's still very very vague), but I need to see things in a clearer way before i get into this.

But i'm far from this goal. All I can say is that i'm not approaching these strange attractors mathematically, yet, i found a few elements in mathematical descriptions of strange attractors that seem to confirm what i've done on the linguistic side.

Now, pardon my mysticism, but asking me not to be mystic is like asking a buddhist monk not to utter mysterious things. You're misunderstanding what this mysticism is about : it's not meant to hide things, it's meant to unravel them. And i'm not doing it for you, I'm doing it for myself.

Anyway, I'll publish something on here one day, but i need to read a shitton of shits before that (typing faster now). I just need to see where my intuition let me drift.

Where does this intuition come from, and how is it related to strange-attractors ?

I got caught in a temporal attractor. You can think of attractors as syntopies(syntopiae?). Dots sharing roughly the same space. no replace topos with chrons and you end up with the term synchrony (synchronicity). I believe (some) synchronies are strange. For instance, premonitory dreams. (we're always interpreting just as graphical S.A. need to be interpreted by the visual cortex in order to exist to our eyes).

I got caught into a temporal attractor, or in other words, I interpreted my life and built some kind of delirium on top of it. This delirium has the shape of a theory meant to explain how we interpret things and how analogies form in our minds. That's why it's so special.

It would be in your interest, IMO, to focus on what is tangible and halt your goose chase of God.

God is of technological relevancy I believe. It's the coherence of the whole. Any whole. And if you want to build a machine that interpret texts, I believe that's the kind of stuff you should chase.

But to be honest, I don't perceive god. You know, before having my illumination I read books by Ken wilber. In term of spiral dynamics I believe I'm at the yellow stage (you can find this on google). Next step is turquoise and the god-feeling. I'm just looking at the moon rather than at the finger.

In short, practice clearly communicating your ideas; if you cannot do this, step back from them until you can.

hey this is watmm, not some kind of peer-reviewed journal. I'd hope I could have a simple, murakami-like discussion with my friend patternoverlap.

Fair enough, good Elephant.

As for the physical representation of 'a human being,' that fits nicely into my point - any generalization or "ideal model" of an object does not exist, though, quite obviously, human beings do exist, as do numbers of things.

As I usually say in our conversations, good luck with your projects - I, too, must now read a shitton of shits. Don't go too deep without a plan. :closedeyes:

yeah what is the point?!

happiness

I found an echo and I'd like to forward it to viia.

So i'm like extracting all the relevant data from Sémantique Interprétatve by F.Rastier. Look what I found

If we agree on these points, we have, in order to make them work, to determine the textual units and their relation within the text and between the texts, in function of intertextual paths that dynamically structure corpora and justify a posteriori their constitution. This is why interpretative semantics, as a part of texts linguistics, developed as a semantic of corpora.

semantics developed as a semantic of corpora...?

what points were we agreeing on in that quote? out of context it's a bit difficult to grasp the relevance

but thank you for thinking of me :flower:

to viia : i obtain my attractors from a text corpora. I'm proceeding on the basis of intuition/a priori

to murveman: i believe he refers to what nietzchecheh calls the eternal return.

You know sometimes, you go in your garden to have a piss, feel a breeze and you feel like you are in the Caribbean. This is also what remembering past lives is about I think. I'm not thePod though, I'm just making connections in the hope I can echo his own thoughts.

Oh Cool. Well in that case, I don't know how you'd perceive other watmmers to not allow the echo to exist based on the posts they make.

I for one enjoy the echo more than most things on this planet. And take time out of my day to try and perceive it every once in a while. I never thought of connecting it to past lives though, Babar. For me it's more about the realization of self, in my current form (me). And being lost in my paths of consciousness I suppose.

I'm sure the echo is different from person to person though. I wasn't aware there was a term for it.

Edit: Thinking about this more. For me, it's less of a feeling of being in the Caribbean, and more of a feeling of disconnect from the stresses I gain from everyday life in society. More in touch with my human self sort of, and less about worrying about "succeeding" in life and society.

Archived